Adirondack Bludgeons Brampton in Saturday Night Bout, 7-4
GLENS FALLS, NY - The Adirondack Thunder secured their third straight victory with a 7-4 decision over the Brampton Beast in front of a crowd of 3,505 at Cool Insuring Arena on Saturday night.
In a similar fashion to last night, it was the Brampton Beast lighting the lamp first. This time it was Matt McLeod just 33 seconds into the game on the Beast's first shot. It took a powerplay for the Thunder in order to tie it up. Matt Salhany jammed home a puck in the crease for his 13th of the year at 4:10. Mike Szmatula and Colby Sissons added the helpers.
The bounces continued to go the Thunder's way as Casey Pierro-Zabotel banked the puck off of the right leg of Beast netminder Alex Dubeau to give Adirondack a 2-1 edge. Pierro-Zabotel's 19th of the season was assisted by Jake Linhart and James Phelan at 11:58. Brampton took just 24 seconds to find the equalizer, David Pacan redirected a Trent Bourque to make it 2-2.
Adirondack was awarded another man-advantage when Bourque was whistled for tripping at 13:02. Colby Sissons found Charlie Curti at the far circle for a one-timer to regain the lead for the Thunder at 14:53. Mike Szmatula was awarded the secondary assist.
Brampton scored a powerplay goal just 40 seconds into the second period as TJ Melancon netted his sixth of the season. The Beast added another one at 3:10 on a Cam Bakker shot that squeaked through McAdam to tie the game.
Adirondack had the answer to the two Brampton tallies. Tommy Parran roped a pass over to Jake Linhart whose one-timer was tipped by Ryan Walker to give the Thunder a 5-4 advantage heading into the third. Walker's goal was his fifth of the year and it came at 11:07.
In the third, the Thunder added insurance as John Edwardh led the charge on a breakaway leading Alex Dubeau out of the net. On the poke-check, the puck rolled to Matt Salhany who buried his second of the game top shelf at 11:49. Charlie Curti picked up the secondary assist.
Kelly Summers put the cherry on the sundae with an empty-net goal with just 4.7 seconds left to secure Adirondack's third straight victory.
Adirondack outshot Brampton 43-26 and went 2-for-5 on the powerplay. The Thunder's penalty kill went 3-for-4.
The Thunder head to Worcester to face the Railers tomorrow afternoon, Sunday, January 26th. Puck drop is set for 3:05pm.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 25, 2020
- Offense Explodes for Five in the Third Period - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Extend Season-High Point Streak, Fall in Overtime to Kalamazoo - Tulsa Oilers
- Allen Defeats Utah 6-3 on Saturday Night - Utah Grizzlies
- Iacopelli Scores Twice Late in K-Wings Overtime Win - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavs Snap Skid with Shootout Win over Steelheads - Kansas City Mavericks
- Happy Cam-Pers: Johnson Leads 'Blades to Shootout Win - Florida Everblades
- Walleye Maintain Perfect Record against Komets - Toledo Walleye
- Steelheads Earn Point in 2-1 Shootout Loss to Mavericks - Idaho Steelheads
- Milner Silences Norfolk for 7th Shutout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Beast Stymied in Loss to Thunder - Brampton Beast
- Royals Split Weekend Series with Newfoundland, Fall, 3-1 - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Drop Weekend Finale in Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers Power Past Cyclones, 4-1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Late Goal Stings Mariners in Worcester - Maine Mariners
- A Late Score from Ross Olsson Propels Worcester to a 2-1 Victory over Maine - Worcester Railers HC
- Adirondack Bludgeons Brampton in Saturday Night Bout, 7-4 - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Bounce Back in Reading - Newfoundland Growlers
- Indy Dominates Atlanta in Final Game of the Weekend - Indy Fuel
- Atlanta Falls to Indy Fuel to Conclude Brief North Division Trip - Atlanta Gladiators
- Windsor, Solar Bears Freeze out Swamp Rabbits in 3-0 Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Preview: 'Blades Take on IceMen, Aim for Fifth Straight Win - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - January 25 - ECHL
- Swamp Rabbits Shut out in Sunshine State - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Notes: vs Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Adam Rockwood Recalled by Springfield - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Swamp Rabbits - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Seek Second Win of Weekend vs. Growlers - Reading Royals
- Killins Wins It on Strong Power Play in OT for Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Win Shootout Thriller in Front of 11,651 on Pink in the Rink Night - Tulsa Oilers
- Overtime Game Winner Overturned, Allen Loses in a Shootout - Allen Americans
- Grizz Win 5-4 in Shootout Thriller - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.