Mavs Snap Skid with Shootout Win over Steelheads
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - The Kansas City Mavericks busted a six-game losing streak with a 2-1 shootout win over the Idaho Steelheads Saturday night in front of a sellout crowd of 5,800 fans at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena. Darian Dziurzynski scored the lone regulation goal for the Mavericks and Mavericks goaltender Nick Schneider made 34 saves on 35 shots.
-KC goal: Darian Dziurzynski (11) at 12:17. Assisted by Matt Schmalz.
-Idaho outshot Kansas City in the period, 14-6.
-Idaho outshot KC in the period, 9-4.
-Idaho goal: Anthony Nellis (12) at 10:13. Assisted by Nolan Gluchowski and Brett Supinski.
KC: Shane Bennett (miss), David Dziurzynski (score), Zach Osburn (miss), Darian Dziurzynski (miss), Bryan Lemos (miss), Terrance Amorosa (miss), Mitch Hults (score)
IDH: Nellis (miss), Marc-Olivier Roy (score), Brady Norrish (miss), A.J. White (miss), Zack Andrusiak (miss), Supinski (miss), Will Merchant (miss)
Notes & Streaks
-This was the Mavericks first shootout win of the season.
-The seven-round shootout was the longest shootout of the season for KC.
-The Mavericks announced a sellout crowd of 5,800, their third sellout of the season.
-Mavericks goaltender Nick Schneider stopped 34 of 35 shots.
-The Mavericks went zero-for-three on the power play and three-for-three on the penalty kill.
-Darian Dziurzynski has two goals in his last two games.
The Mavericks continue their home stand this Tuesday against the Kalamazoo Wings at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena. Faceoff is 7:05 p.m. It's a Red Robin Two-For-Tuesday and all rinkside and terrace seats are half price. Get half off any appetizer at Red Robin with purchase.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 25, 2020
- Offense Explodes for Five in the Third Period - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Extend Season-High Point Streak, Fall in Overtime to Kalamazoo - Tulsa Oilers
- Allen Defeats Utah 6-3 on Saturday Night - Utah Grizzlies
- Iacopelli Scores Twice Late in K-Wings Overtime Win - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavs Snap Skid with Shootout Win over Steelheads - Kansas City Mavericks
- Happy Cam-Pers: Johnson Leads 'Blades to Shootout Win - Florida Everblades
- Walleye Maintain Perfect Record against Komets - Toledo Walleye
- Steelheads Earn Point in 2-1 Shootout Loss to Mavericks - Idaho Steelheads
- Milner Silences Norfolk for 7th Shutout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Beast Stymied in Loss to Thunder - Brampton Beast
- Royals Split Weekend Series with Newfoundland, Fall, 3-1 - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Drop Weekend Finale in Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers Power Past Cyclones, 4-1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Late Goal Stings Mariners in Worcester - Maine Mariners
- A Late Score from Ross Olsson Propels Worcester to a 2-1 Victory over Maine - Worcester Railers HC
- Adirondack Bludgeons Brampton in Saturday Night Bout, 7-4 - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Bounce Back in Reading - Newfoundland Growlers
- Indy Dominates Atlanta in Final Game of the Weekend - Indy Fuel
- Atlanta Falls to Indy Fuel to Conclude Brief North Division Trip - Atlanta Gladiators
- Windsor, Solar Bears Freeze out Swamp Rabbits in 3-0 Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Preview: 'Blades Take on IceMen, Aim for Fifth Straight Win - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - January 25 - ECHL
- Swamp Rabbits Shut out in Sunshine State - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Notes: vs Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Adam Rockwood Recalled by Springfield - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Swamp Rabbits - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Seek Second Win of Weekend vs. Growlers - Reading Royals
- Killins Wins It on Strong Power Play in OT for Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Win Shootout Thriller in Front of 11,651 on Pink in the Rink Night - Tulsa Oilers
- Overtime Game Winner Overturned, Allen Loses in a Shootout - Allen Americans
- Grizz Win 5-4 in Shootout Thriller - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.