Beast Stymied in Loss to Thunder
GLENS FALLS, NEW YORK - TJ Melancon and Cam Bakker scored second period goals but the Brampton Beast fell at the hands of the Adirondack Thunder 7-4 on Saturday night.
The Brampton Beast skated against the Adirondack Thunder for the second night in a row. The Beast were looking to get back in the win column after a 5-3 loss the previous night.
Brampton found twine less than a minute into the period as Matt McLeod used his great wheels to fly into the zone and fired the puck around Eamon McAdam for the early 1-0 lead.
The Thunder fought back and got a power play goal from Matt Salhany that tied the game up 1-1 at 4:10.
Adirondack kept the pressure on and Casey Pierro-Zabotel was able to bank one in off the pads of Alex Dubeau to give the Thunder a 2-1 lead at 11:58.
Less than a minute after that goal, the Beast got some life as David Pacan tipped home the shot from Trent Bourque to the tie the game up 2-2 at 12:22.
The Thunder didn't let that faze them, as they regrouped and scored two more before the period was out to take a 4-2 lead into the first intermission. Shots on goal after 20 were 19-9 in favour of Adirondack.
Less than a minute into period number two, the Beast went on the power play and took no time in converting. Brenden Miller set-up TJ Melancon who fired home the goal to pull within one.
Cam Bakker continued the pressure for Brampton and tied the game with the sharp angle shot that beat McAdam down low at 3:11.
Undeterred, the Thunder came back again and took a lead with the goal from Ryan Walker. The forward beat goaltender Dubeau upstairs for a 5-4 lead at 11:07.
Brampton found themselves down 5-4 after 40 minutes of play and would trail in shots 34-17.
The third period saw some chances for either side but it was the Thunder with the insurance marker at the 11:49 mark of the frame. Salhany got hiss second of the night to extend the Thunder lead to 6-4.
Adirondack would add an empty netter as Brampton fell 7-4 on Saturday night. McAdam notched the win and made 22 saves. Dubeau took the loss and finished with 36 saves.
Notes: Molson Three Stars 3) Curti (ADK) 2) Szmatula (ADK) 1) Salhany (ADK) Brampton finished the night one-for-four on the man advantage. Adirondack went two-for-five. The Beast will return home to host the Newfoundland Growlers tomorrow at 4:00 PM at the CAA Centre.
For more information or general media inquiries on the Brampton Beast please contact Anthony Fusco, Media Relations Coordinator at (905) 564-1684 or [email protected] The Brampton Beast will be bringing their exciting brand of ECHL hockey back to the CAA Centre next season. Don't miss a minute of the action! 2019-20 Memberships are now available, join the club!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 25, 2020
- Offense Explodes for Five in the Third Period - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Extend Season-High Point Streak, Fall in Overtime to Kalamazoo - Tulsa Oilers
- Allen Defeats Utah 6-3 on Saturday Night - Utah Grizzlies
- Iacopelli Scores Twice Late in K-Wings Overtime Win - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavs Snap Skid with Shootout Win over Steelheads - Kansas City Mavericks
- Happy Cam-Pers: Johnson Leads 'Blades to Shootout Win - Florida Everblades
- Walleye Maintain Perfect Record against Komets - Toledo Walleye
- Steelheads Earn Point in 2-1 Shootout Loss to Mavericks - Idaho Steelheads
- Milner Silences Norfolk for 7th Shutout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Beast Stymied in Loss to Thunder - Brampton Beast
- Royals Split Weekend Series with Newfoundland, Fall, 3-1 - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Drop Weekend Finale in Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers Power Past Cyclones, 4-1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Late Goal Stings Mariners in Worcester - Maine Mariners
- A Late Score from Ross Olsson Propels Worcester to a 2-1 Victory over Maine - Worcester Railers HC
- Adirondack Bludgeons Brampton in Saturday Night Bout, 7-4 - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Bounce Back in Reading - Newfoundland Growlers
- Indy Dominates Atlanta in Final Game of the Weekend - Indy Fuel
- Atlanta Falls to Indy Fuel to Conclude Brief North Division Trip - Atlanta Gladiators
- Windsor, Solar Bears Freeze out Swamp Rabbits in 3-0 Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Preview: 'Blades Take on IceMen, Aim for Fifth Straight Win - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - January 25 - ECHL
- Swamp Rabbits Shut out in Sunshine State - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Notes: vs Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Adam Rockwood Recalled by Springfield - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Swamp Rabbits - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Seek Second Win of Weekend vs. Growlers - Reading Royals
- Killins Wins It on Strong Power Play in OT for Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Win Shootout Thriller in Front of 11,651 on Pink in the Rink Night - Tulsa Oilers
- Overtime Game Winner Overturned, Allen Loses in a Shootout - Allen Americans
- Grizz Win 5-4 in Shootout Thriller - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.