Atlanta Falls to Indy Fuel to Conclude Brief North Division Trip
INDIANAPOLIS, IN - The Atlanta Gladiators fell 6-1 to the Indy Fuel Saturday evening to cap off a brief North Division road trip after Friday's visit in Toledo. F Mathieu Foget and F Nathan Noel each notched three assists as the Glads netted just one point on the two-game swing.
For the second night in a row, the Gladiators conceded a first-minute goal. Less than 24 hours after giving up the first tally in Toledo :36 seconds into the contest, Atlanta gave up an Indy score by D Josh McArdle just :54 seconds in. Once again, it was the visiting Gladiators that rallied after the early tally. F Tommy Marchin found F Samuel Asselin as they both entered the offensive zone. The team's goal-scoring leader Asselin sniped a quick shot from the slot past Indy G Charles Williams to tie the game 1-1 with 15:05 to play in the first.
After entering the first intermission tied, it was the Fuel exploding in the second period. F Ryan Van Stralen regained the lead for Indy 7:26 into the middle frame after a tripping minor put the Glads on the penalty kill. F Spencer Watson doubled the Fuel lead with 6:59 to play in the second, then it was former South Division rival Mathieu Foget and F Nathan Noel assisting F Alex Rauter on his 9th goal of the season. Atlanta trailed 4-1 after forty minutes of play.
Watson was not done, as F Derien Plouffe found him with 13:44 to play in the game for Watson's second goal of the night. Indy added another power play score from F Liam Coughlin to put away the 6-1 win.
Atlanta returns to Infinite Energy Arena on Tuesday night when they host the Utah Grizzlies at 7:05 PM. Fans are encouraged to get their Taco Tuesday tickets now.
Images from this story
Atlanta Gladiators forward Samuel Asselin (left) vs. the Indy Fuel
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 25, 2020
- Offense Explodes for Five in the Third Period - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Extend Season-High Point Streak, Fall in Overtime to Kalamazoo - Tulsa Oilers
- Allen Defeats Utah 6-3 on Saturday Night - Utah Grizzlies
- Iacopelli Scores Twice Late in K-Wings Overtime Win - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavs Snap Skid with Shootout Win over Steelheads - Kansas City Mavericks
- Happy Cam-Pers: Johnson Leads 'Blades to Shootout Win - Florida Everblades
- Walleye Maintain Perfect Record against Komets - Toledo Walleye
- Steelheads Earn Point in 2-1 Shootout Loss to Mavericks - Idaho Steelheads
- Milner Silences Norfolk for 7th Shutout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Beast Stymied in Loss to Thunder - Brampton Beast
- Royals Split Weekend Series with Newfoundland, Fall, 3-1 - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Drop Weekend Finale in Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers Power Past Cyclones, 4-1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Late Goal Stings Mariners in Worcester - Maine Mariners
- A Late Score from Ross Olsson Propels Worcester to a 2-1 Victory over Maine - Worcester Railers HC
- Adirondack Bludgeons Brampton in Saturday Night Bout, 7-4 - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Bounce Back in Reading - Newfoundland Growlers
- Indy Dominates Atlanta in Final Game of the Weekend - Indy Fuel
- Atlanta Falls to Indy Fuel to Conclude Brief North Division Trip - Atlanta Gladiators
- Windsor, Solar Bears Freeze out Swamp Rabbits in 3-0 Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Preview: 'Blades Take on IceMen, Aim for Fifth Straight Win - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - January 25 - ECHL
- Swamp Rabbits Shut out in Sunshine State - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Notes: vs Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Adam Rockwood Recalled by Springfield - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Swamp Rabbits - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Seek Second Win of Weekend vs. Growlers - Reading Royals
- Killins Wins It on Strong Power Play in OT for Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Win Shootout Thriller in Front of 11,651 on Pink in the Rink Night - Tulsa Oilers
- Overtime Game Winner Overturned, Allen Loses in a Shootout - Allen Americans
- Grizz Win 5-4 in Shootout Thriller - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.