Up 3-0, Moose Finish Short in OT
The Manitoba Moose (24-32-1-0) lost a 5-4 overtime decision against the Belleville Senators (35-16-4-1) on Saturday night at CAA Arena.
Just 2:57 into the first period, Kristian Reichel ripped a shot through traffic and scored to give the Moose the 1-0 advantage. Just two minutes later, Ryan White capitalized on Logan Stanley's rebound to improve Manitoba's lead by a two-goal count.
With 4:20 gone in the second period, Logan Stanley capitalized on a wrist shot that found its way past screened Senators netminder Filip Gustavsson to make the score 3-0 in favour of the Moose. Just under a minute later, Darren Archibald scored for the Senators getting Belleville on the board. With less than a minute remaining in the frame, Parker Kelly scored shorthanded to bring Belleville within one.
At 6:20 of the third period, Jordan Szwarz capitalized on a man advantage to tie the game 3-3. With 8:17 remaining in the frame, Riechel battled for the puck down low and cashed in posting his second of the night to give the Moose the 4-3 advantage. With just 34 seconds to go in regulation, Rudolfs Balcers scored for Belleville to tie the game 4-4. Just 2:01 into overtime, Alex Formenton's initial attempt was denied by Mikhail Berdin but the rebound took a bad bounce and wound up in Manitoba's net securing Belleville's victory.
Kristian Reichel notched two goals in tonight's matchup posting the first multi-goal game of his AHL career
C.J Suess marked a new AHL career high with three assists in tonight's game
Logan Stanley posted his second multi-point game (1G, 1A) of the 2019-20 campaign What's Next?
The Moose return home to face off against the Chicago Wolves on Saturday, Feb. 29. Puck drop is scheduled for 2 p.m. Tickets are available at moosehockey.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 22, 2020
- Iowa Bounces Back with 4-0 Shutout of Texas - Iowa Wild
- Heat Climb to First in Pacific with 4-1 Win - Stockton Heat
- Wild Top Stars 4-0 in Series Finale - Texas Stars
- Griffins' Streaks End with 4-3 Loss to Rampage - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sens Storm Back to Beat Moose in Overtime - Belleville Senators
- Crunch Defeat Phantoms, 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Up 3-0, Moose Finish Short in OT - Manitoba Moose
- Bridgeport comes back to earn one point in front of 5,026 fans on Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Kostin Caps Comeback in Grand Rapids - San Antonio Rampage
- Astounding Ustimenko in 2-1 Loss at Syracuse - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- P-Bruins Win Fourth-Straight Game, Beat Springfield Thunderbirds, 7-4 - Providence Bruins
- Johnson's OT Penalty Shot Lifts Pens over Wolf Pack - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Admirals Hammer IceHogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Tips Wolf Pack in OT - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bears Erase Early Deficit, Win in Shootout over Bridgeport - Hershey Bears
- Checkers Storm Back to Double up Devils 6-3 - Charlotte Checkers
- Bruins Outslug T-Birds on High Scoring Saturday Night - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Monsters Take Down Amerks in 3-2 Overtime Victory - Cleveland Monsters
- Checkers Halt Devils With 6-3 Win - Binghamton Devils
- Rocket Use Crowd's Energy to Surge Past Marlies 2-1 - Laval Rocket
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Forward Tyler Bird to PTO - Syracuse Crunch
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Game 51 Preview: Stockton at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- O'Connor Recalled to NHL's Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Marlies in Laval for Rendezvous with Rocket - Toronto Marlies
- Moose Release Forward Danny Moynihan - Manitoba Moose
- LA Kings Sign Frk to Two-Year Extension - Ontario Reign
- Coyotes Assign Kuemper to Tucson for Conditioning Purposes - Tucson Roadrunners
- Mark Friedman Returned to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Heat Shoot for First Saturday at Tucson - Stockton Heat
- Condors Host Wizard Night with Harry Potter Wands Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, February 22, 2020 vs. Cleveland Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Game Preview: Bears at Sound Tigers, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Jaros Recalled by Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Moose, February 22 - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Announce Pair of Roster Moves - Cleveland Monsters
- Sound Tigers Face Top Two Atlantic Division Teams this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Roadrunners Return Home Comes With Dramatic Overtime Win - Tucson Roadrunners
- LaDue Breaks Through Late to Earn Reign a Point - Ontario Reign
- Stolarz Continues Gulls' Run in 4-1 Win - San Diego Gulls
- Werner Leads Eagles to 2-1 OT Win at Ontario - Colorado Eagles
- Starrett Scores First AHL Goal in Loss - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.