Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Moose, February 22
The Belleville Senators will look to rebound in an all-Canadian contest tonight as they host the Western Conference's Manitoba Moose.
The Senators (34-16-4-1) were doubled up by Utica 6-3 Friday night but still sit in first place in the North Division holding a six-point lead on Rochester.
The Moose (24-32-0-0) sit last in the Central Division but their playoff hopes do remain alive as they sit seven points behind Chicago for the final playoff spot in their division.
The Sens are 13-12-1-1 at home this season while Manitoba have won just nine of its 28 road games.
The Sens lost its top scorer Friday morning when Ottawa recalled 30 goal scorer Josh Norris.
After starting all three games so far this week, Joey Daccord will get the night off as Filip Gustavsson starts.
JC Beaudin, Logan Brown and Jonathan Davidsson are out for Belleville.
Belleville is 1-1-1 against the Moose this season and are 5-4-2-0 all-time against their Canadian rivals . The Sens' lone win against Manitoba this season came on Jan. 13 on the back of a Michael Carcone hat-trick.
Who to watch
Darren Archibald made his second Senators debut Friday and had a goal in the process. He has 13 points in 35 games this year.
Andrei Chibisov has 24 points this season, the fifth most for the Moose. The Russian rookie has also played twice for Winnipeg this year.
Where to watch
Saturday's game starts at 7pm and can be seen LIVE on AHLTV. Follow the Belleville Sens on Twitter for live updates. Tickets for tonight's game are available.
The radio broadcast on CJBQ 800 begins at 6:50pm with David Foot on the call.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 22, 2020
- Iowa Bounces Back with 4-0 Shutout of Texas - Iowa Wild
- Heat Climb to First in Pacific with 4-1 Win - Stockton Heat
- Wild Top Stars 4-0 in Series Finale - Texas Stars
- Griffins' Streaks End with 4-3 Loss to Rampage - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sens Storm Back to Beat Moose in Overtime - Belleville Senators
- Crunch Defeat Phantoms, 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Up 3-0, Moose Finish Short in OT - Manitoba Moose
- Bridgeport comes back to earn one point in front of 5,026 fans on Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Kostin Caps Comeback in Grand Rapids - San Antonio Rampage
- Astounding Ustimenko in 2-1 Loss at Syracuse - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- P-Bruins Win Fourth-Straight Game, Beat Springfield Thunderbirds, 7-4 - Providence Bruins
- Johnson's OT Penalty Shot Lifts Pens over Wolf Pack - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Admirals Hammer IceHogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Tips Wolf Pack in OT - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bears Erase Early Deficit, Win in Shootout over Bridgeport - Hershey Bears
- Checkers Storm Back to Double up Devils 6-3 - Charlotte Checkers
- Bruins Outslug T-Birds on High Scoring Saturday Night - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Monsters Take Down Amerks in 3-2 Overtime Victory - Cleveland Monsters
- Checkers Halt Devils With 6-3 Win - Binghamton Devils
- Rocket Use Crowd's Energy to Surge Past Marlies 2-1 - Laval Rocket
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Forward Tyler Bird to PTO - Syracuse Crunch
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Game 51 Preview: Stockton at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- O'Connor Recalled to NHL's Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Marlies in Laval for Rendezvous with Rocket - Toronto Marlies
- Moose Release Forward Danny Moynihan - Manitoba Moose
- LA Kings Sign Frk to Two-Year Extension - Ontario Reign
- Coyotes Assign Kuemper to Tucson for Conditioning Purposes - Tucson Roadrunners
- Mark Friedman Returned to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Heat Shoot for First Saturday at Tucson - Stockton Heat
- Condors Host Wizard Night with Harry Potter Wands Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, February 22, 2020 vs. Cleveland Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Game Preview: Bears at Sound Tigers, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Jaros Recalled by Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Moose, February 22 - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Announce Pair of Roster Moves - Cleveland Monsters
- Sound Tigers Face Top Two Atlantic Division Teams this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Roadrunners Return Home Comes With Dramatic Overtime Win - Tucson Roadrunners
- LaDue Breaks Through Late to Earn Reign a Point - Ontario Reign
- Stolarz Continues Gulls' Run in 4-1 Win - San Diego Gulls
- Werner Leads Eagles to 2-1 OT Win at Ontario - Colorado Eagles
- Starrett Scores First AHL Goal in Loss - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Belleville Senators Stories
- Aspirot, Szwarz Remain Patient Amidst Covid-19 Suspension
- Sens Release $100,000 in 50/50 Funds Amidst COVID-19 Crisis
- Spectra Donates Unused Food to Gleaners
- Eugene Melnyk Pledges Financial Support to Part-Time Employees During the AHL Suspension
- Belleville Senators COVID-19 Information