Condors Host Wizard Night with Harry Potter Wands Tonight
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. - The Bakersfield Condors host the Colorado Eagles at 7 p.m. on Wizard Night featuring $5 Harry Potter wands. Tickets are available online at AXS.com or at the Mechanics Bank Arena Box Office which opens at noon. Great seats start at just $12. After 5,803 fans last night, another big crowd is expected tonight for the Condors who have the second highest average attendance increase in the AHL this season.
PROMOTION DETAILS: Wizard Night presented by Univision and Sunny 105.3 FM. Harry Potter wands are just $5 and fans can purchase up to two per game ticket. Butterbeer samples on the concourse. Plus, there will be an owl and other movie-themed animals on the concourse for pictures.
EAT & DRINK
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Carved Turkey Sandwich
Enjoy the Ice Level Lounge (21+) with games, TV's, bars, and music next to the glass. Just need a ticket to the game!
DOWNLOAD THE CONDORS APP presented by PCL: iTunes | Google Play
BAKERSFIELD MARRIOTT POST-GAME AUTOGRAPH BOOTH: LW Joe Gambardella and C Ryan McLeod
The Bakersfield Condors and Colorado Eagles play game seven of an eight-game season series. Colorado has won four straight in the series. In the team's last meeting the Condors never trailed until the final horn when Colorado rallied late and won 5-4 in a shootout last Saturday.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Bakersfield dropped a 4-1 decision last night to San Diego. C Beau Starrett scored the lone goal of the night for the Condors, his first in the AHL.
Colorado picked up a 2-1 overtime victory in Ontario last night. F TJ Tynan scored the overtime game-winner and made a winner out of G Adam Werner who stopped 28 of 29 for his 16th win of the season. C Jayson Megna scored his 17th in regulation for the Eagles.
There are currently 11 players on the Oilers active roster who have also played in Bakersfield this season. All told, 15 players have spent time with Edmonton this season totaling 346 man games played. Three of the Oilers six d-men (Bear, Jones, Lagesson) from the past two games are off a Condors team which led the AHL in goals against a season ago.
C Beau Starrett has points in two straight. The rookie center notched his first AHL point on Sunday and last night redirected a point shot for his first AHL goal. He has two points (1g-1a) in five AHL games. With Wichita in the ECHL, he had 16 goals in 47 contests.
RW Josh Currie is 2nd in the AHL in shots at 180... C Markus Granlund plays his 100th AHL game tonight... RW Anthony Peluso fought for the second time this year last night... G Stuart Skinner is 5th in the AHL in saves at 926... The Condors are without seven of their 10 leading scorers on the season... The Condors power play is 5/21 (23.8%) against Colorado on the year... C Luke Esposito leads the Condors with six assists in six games against Colorado.
Colorado is 15-8-2 on the road this season and 7-3-0 in its last 10 games... The Eagles are 3-1 in shootouts this season, including Saturday's win in Bakersfield... Colorado is 25-6-2 when scoring first... The Eagles are 6th offensively at 3.35 goals per contest.... When leading after two, Colorado is 22-0-1... G Adam Werner is 2-0-0 against Bakersfield with a 1.50 GAA and a .952 sv%.
2/19 - D Evan Bouchard recalled by Edmonton (NHL)
2/19 - C Markus Granlund assigned to Bakersfield (AHL)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 22, 2020
- Iowa Bounces Back with 4-0 Shutout of Texas - Iowa Wild
- Heat Climb to First in Pacific with 4-1 Win - Stockton Heat
- Wild Top Stars 4-0 in Series Finale - Texas Stars
- Griffins' Streaks End with 4-3 Loss to Rampage - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sens Storm Back to Beat Moose in Overtime - Belleville Senators
- Crunch Defeat Phantoms, 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Up 3-0, Moose Finish Short in OT - Manitoba Moose
- Bridgeport comes back to earn one point in front of 5,026 fans on Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Kostin Caps Comeback in Grand Rapids - San Antonio Rampage
- Astounding Ustimenko in 2-1 Loss at Syracuse - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- P-Bruins Win Fourth-Straight Game, Beat Springfield Thunderbirds, 7-4 - Providence Bruins
- Johnson's OT Penalty Shot Lifts Pens over Wolf Pack - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Admirals Hammer IceHogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Tips Wolf Pack in OT - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bears Erase Early Deficit, Win in Shootout over Bridgeport - Hershey Bears
- Checkers Storm Back to Double up Devils 6-3 - Charlotte Checkers
- Bruins Outslug T-Birds on High Scoring Saturday Night - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Monsters Take Down Amerks in 3-2 Overtime Victory - Cleveland Monsters
- Checkers Halt Devils With 6-3 Win - Binghamton Devils
- Rocket Use Crowd's Energy to Surge Past Marlies 2-1 - Laval Rocket
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Forward Tyler Bird to PTO - Syracuse Crunch
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Game 51 Preview: Stockton at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- O'Connor Recalled to NHL's Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Marlies in Laval for Rendezvous with Rocket - Toronto Marlies
- Moose Release Forward Danny Moynihan - Manitoba Moose
- LA Kings Sign Frk to Two-Year Extension - Ontario Reign
- Coyotes Assign Kuemper to Tucson for Conditioning Purposes - Tucson Roadrunners
- Mark Friedman Returned to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Heat Shoot for First Saturday at Tucson - Stockton Heat
- Condors Host Wizard Night with Harry Potter Wands Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, February 22, 2020 vs. Cleveland Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Game Preview: Bears at Sound Tigers, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Jaros Recalled by Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Moose, February 22 - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Announce Pair of Roster Moves - Cleveland Monsters
- Sound Tigers Face Top Two Atlantic Division Teams this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Roadrunners Return Home Comes With Dramatic Overtime Win - Tucson Roadrunners
- LaDue Breaks Through Late to Earn Reign a Point - Ontario Reign
- Stolarz Continues Gulls' Run in 4-1 Win - San Diego Gulls
- Werner Leads Eagles to 2-1 OT Win at Ontario - Colorado Eagles
- Starrett Scores First AHL Goal in Loss - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bakersfield Condors Stories
- Condors Sign Ryan Stanton and Graham McPhee
- Condors Sam Kim Named Video and Coaching Coordinator for the Toronto Maple Leafs
- Condors Cooper Marody to Release Song to Benefit the Colby Cave Memorial Fund
- Condors to Honor Healthcare Heroes/Essential Workers Opening Weekend
- American Hockey League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season