Sound Tigers beat Bears
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - The Bridgeport Sound Tigers earned their fourth straight victory Saturday night, defeating the Hershey Bears by a score of 4-2. Anders Lee had two goals, including the eventual game-winner, while Ryan Strome (one goal, three assists) factored on each Sound Tigers scoring play. Kenny Reiter stopped 25 saves and earned his fifth win of the season. The Sound Tigers went 3-for-6 on the power play and are now 8-8-1-3 on the season.
Hershey scored the first goal of the game less than five minutes in as the Bears took advantage on the power play. Peter LeBlanc took a shot that got
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUND TIGERS 4, BEARS 2
SOUND TIGERS WIN FOURTH STRAIGHT WITH HELP FROM LEE, STROME
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (Dec. 7, 2013) - The Bridgeport Sound Tigers earned their fourth straight victory Saturday night, defeating the Hershey Bears by a score of 4-2. Anders Lee had two goals, including the eventual game-winner, while Ryan Strome (one goal, three assists) factored on each Sound Tigers scoring play. Kenny Reiter stopped 25 saves and earned his fifth win of the season. The Sound Tigers went 3-for-6 on the power play and are now 8-8-1-3 on the season.
Hershey scored the first goal of the game less than five minutes in as the Bears took advantage on the power play. Peter LeBlanc took a shot that got blocked and the puck came right to David Kolomatis. Kolomatis powered it in from the bottom of the left circle to make it a 1-0 Hershey lead.
The Sound Tigers were called for six penalties in the opening 13 minutes of the game, but managed to kill off all but one. Reiter kept the team in the game with a few saves before the Sound Tigers evened the score in the final minute of the period. Strome whistled a slap shot wide, but the rebound kicked off the end boards for Jon Sim, who tucked it home from the side of the goal to tie the score at one.
Lee's goals were just over six minutes apart, and both came on nearly identical plays. With the Sound Tigers on a power play, Strome took a shot that was stopped by Bears goaltender David Leggio. Lee, however, used his big frame to gain good body position and scored on the rebound. His first goal was at 7:24 of the second, followed by another at 13:48, which gave the Sound Tigers a 3-1 lead.
As time wound down in the third period, the Sound Tigers still led 3-1, but the Bears drew to within one with less than four minutes to play. Jamie Johnson came streaking into the zone on the right wing and fired a shot that beat Reiter glove side.
With a minute left to play, Hershey pulled their goalie in favor of the extra attacker, but Strome pounced on a loose puck in the Bears zone and fired it into the empty net as time expired to give the Sound Tigers the 4-2 win.
The Sound Tigers are back in action Tuesday morning with their annual Cool Fun 101 game. They'll take on the Albany Devils at 11 a.m. at Webster Bank Arena.
Contact: Corey Hersch - Communications Manager
(203) 345-4824 - email@example.com
Dec. 6 - Tobymac
This email was sent to you by Webster Bank Arena at Harbor Yard, 600 Main Street, Bridgeport, CT 06604. You are receiving this email advertisement because your email address was used for a ticket purchase or you signed up via our website. You may update your account preferences or unsubscribe through our website, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2013
- Comets lose to Adirondack - Utica Comets
- Barons rally to beat Wolves 5-2 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Griffins off to Best Start in Franchise History - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Falcons Outlast Wolf Pack, Win 3-2 - Springfield Falcons
- Monarchs Outshoot Pirates, Take VIP Cup Series Lead - Portland Pirates
- B-Sens Lose 4-3 in Shootout to Albany - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Rally First, But It Doesn't Last - Chicago Wolves
- Sceviour's Overtime Goal Hands Texas 2-1 Win over Iowa - Texas Stars
- Holmstrom Makes It Rain Teddy Bears - Adirondack Phantoms
- Falcons beat Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sound Tigers beat Bears - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Ross Leads Hogs Past Checkers - Rockford IceHogs
- Zach Puts Them Back on Track - Manchester Monarchs
- Stars Slip by Wild in OT 2-1 - Iowa Wild
- Checkers Lose Rockford Rematch - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Defeated by Admiral 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Sound Tigers Power Past Bears - Hershey Bears
- Sharks Extend Point Streak to Five Games After 4-3 Shootout Loss to Bruins - Worcester Sharks
- P-Bruins Stun Sharks 4-3 in Shootout - Providence Bruins
- Devils Withstand Senators, Win in SO - Albany Devils
- Norfolk Completes Weekend Sweep of Syracuse with 2-1 Win - Norfolk Admirals
- RECAP: Penguins Shutout IceCaps to Split Weekend Series - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceCaps Fall to Penguins 3-0 - St. John's IceCaps
- Marlies Fall 2-1 against Hamilton - Toronto Marlies
- Bulldogs Hold on for 2-1 Win over Marlies - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Anaheim Reassigns Goaltender Igor Bobkov to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Connolly Recalled, Sivak Released from PTO - Abbotsford Heat
- Forward Michael St. Croix Reassigned to Greenville - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Blackhawks Reassign Nordstrom to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Banwell Released from PTO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Pirates Recall Louis Domingue from Gwinnett - Portland Pirates
- Gameday: Comets at Adirondack - Utica Comets
- Pirates Look to Take VIP Cup Advantage vs. Monarch - Portland Pirates
- Heat Defeat Rampage on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Abbotsford Heat
- Admirals Top Oklahoma City 5-2 - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.