Devils Withstand Senators, Win in SO
BINGHAMTON, NY - Keith Kinkaid made 14 saves in the five minute overtime period, helping the Albany Devils claim their third straight win. Joe Whitney and Artem Demkov both scored in the shootout as the Devils knocked off the Binghamton Senators, 3-2, Saturday at the Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena.
The victory catapults the Devils into fourth in the Eastern Conference with a 14-7-1-1 record. The Senators go to fifth with a 14-7-0-2 mark.
Harri Pesonen netted his second goal of the season and Mike Sislo potted his eighth. Kelly Zajac registered a pair of assists.
In his 100th career game, Kinkaid made 39 saves and four in the shootout to registered his eighth win. He withstood a barrage of Senators shots in overtime while Binghamton played with the man advantage.
Pesonen registered the game's first goal on the power play, redirecting Zajac's shot at 8:15 of the first period. Raman Hrabarenka began the play with a breakout pass to the Devils center.
The Senators responded with a pair of second period goals. Jean-Gabriel Pageau scored on a one-timer at 1:03 and Matt Puempel scored with the man-advantage at 14:48.
Before the intermission, tic-tac-toe passing while on a 5-on-3 power play led to Sislo scoring near the goal line at 18:16. Zajac and Reece Scarlett registered the assists in the final regulation goal.
Binghamton's Andrew Hammond made 24 stops on 26 tries.
The Devils, who travel to Bridgeport Tuesday for an 11 am outing, went 2-7 on the power play and 1-5 on the penalty kill.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2013
- Comets lose to Adirondack - Utica Comets
- Barons rally to beat Wolves 5-2 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Griffins off to Best Start in Franchise History - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Falcons Outlast Wolf Pack, Win 3-2 - Springfield Falcons
- Monarchs Outshoot Pirates, Take VIP Cup Series Lead - Portland Pirates
- B-Sens Lose 4-3 in Shootout to Albany - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Rally First, But It Doesn't Last - Chicago Wolves
- Sceviour's Overtime Goal Hands Texas 2-1 Win over Iowa - Texas Stars
- Holmstrom Makes It Rain Teddy Bears - Adirondack Phantoms
- Falcons beat Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sound Tigers beat Bears - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Ross Leads Hogs Past Checkers - Rockford IceHogs
- Zach Puts Them Back on Track - Manchester Monarchs
- Stars Slip by Wild in OT 2-1 - Iowa Wild
- Checkers Lose Rockford Rematch - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Defeated by Admiral 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Sound Tigers Power Past Bears - Hershey Bears
- Sharks Extend Point Streak to Five Games After 4-3 Shootout Loss to Bruins - Worcester Sharks
- P-Bruins Stun Sharks 4-3 in Shootout - Providence Bruins
- Devils Withstand Senators, Win in SO - Albany Devils
- Norfolk Completes Weekend Sweep of Syracuse with 2-1 Win - Norfolk Admirals
- RECAP: Penguins Shutout IceCaps to Split Weekend Series - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceCaps Fall to Penguins 3-0 - St. John's IceCaps
- Marlies Fall 2-1 against Hamilton - Toronto Marlies
- Bulldogs Hold on for 2-1 Win over Marlies - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Anaheim Reassigns Goaltender Igor Bobkov to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Connolly Recalled, Sivak Released from PTO - Abbotsford Heat
- Forward Michael St. Croix Reassigned to Greenville - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Blackhawks Reassign Nordstrom to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Banwell Released from PTO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Pirates Recall Louis Domingue from Gwinnett - Portland Pirates
- Gameday: Comets at Adirondack - Utica Comets
- Pirates Look to Take VIP Cup Advantage vs. Monarch - Portland Pirates
- Heat Defeat Rampage on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Abbotsford Heat
- Admirals Top Oklahoma City 5-2 - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.