Devils Fall to Amerks
ROCHESTER, NY - The Albany Devils fell 5-4 to the Rochester Americans Friday at Blue Cross Arena. The Devils move to a 38-32-2-3 record and the Amerks improve to a 32-40-0-3 record.
Carter Camper got the Devils on the board first at 13:10 of the first frame with a backhanded shot fed by Joe Blandisi. Steven Santini earned the secondary assist on the play.
Casey Nelson tied the game at 18:55 off a tipped shot. Brendan Guhle and Tim Kennedy got the assists on the tally.
Blandisi was able to regain the lead at 4:23 of the second period when he netted his eighth goal of the season. Nick Lappin and Camper were credited the two assists on the goal.
Alexander Nylander answered with a 5-on-3 goal at 14:06 to tie the game at two. Derek Grant and Evan Rodrigues earned the assists.
Jan Mandat gave the Devils their third lead of the night at 17:14 of the second frame after his shot from the far side circle slipped past Amerks netminder Linus Ullmark. The tally marked Mandat's sixth of season and was assisted by Vojtech Mozik and Luke Gazdic.
Grant netted a power play goal to tie the game at three with just 15 seconds remaining in the second period. Justin Bailey and Rodrigues earned the assists.
Bailey then gave the Amerks their first lead of the night making it a 4-3 game 43 seconds into the third frame. Hudson Fasching netted the Amerks fifth goal of the night on a 3-on-1 rush at 4:41 to give them a 5-3 lead.
Lappin scored an extra attacker goal with 37 seconds remaining in regulation to make the final score 5-4. Austin Cangelosi and Yohann Auvitu earned the assists.
Both teams travel back to Albany to face off again Saturday at 5 pm at Times Union Center to end the regular season.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 14, 2017
- Admirals Handle Hogs 6-2 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Desrosiers Earns First Career Shutout - Texas Stars
- Remarkable Phantoms Comeback Secures Home Ice in Calder Cup - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Earn Point in Loss at Iowa, Stay in Central Division - Chicago Wolves
- Bridgeport's Playoff Hopes Dashed in Setback on Friday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Over 9,800 Fans See Wild Defeat Wolves 3-2 in Home Finale - Iowa Wild
- Devils Fall to Amerks - Albany Devils
- Wolf Pack Game Recap - Utica Comets 5, Hartford Wolf Pack 4 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Crunch Take Down Senators, 4-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Penguins Lose to Hershey, 2-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Monsters Drop Season Finale to Manitoba, 1-0 - Cleveland Monsters
- Checkers Stay Alive in Playoff Race - Charlotte Checkers
- P-Bruins Clinch Postseason Berth Despite 5-4 OT Loss - Providence Bruins
- Manitoba Shut Down Cleveland - Manitoba Moose
- B-Sens Falter in Syracuse 4-1 - Binghamton Senators
- Toronto Topples St. John's 5-3 - St. John's IceCaps
- Admirals, Predators Extend Affiliation Agreement - Milwaukee Admirals
- Agostino Named AHL's Most Valuable Player - Chicago Wolves
- Playoff Fate to be Determined this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.