Pirates Recall Louis Domingue from Gwinnett
Saco, Maine - Phoenix Coyotes Assistant General Manager and Portland Pirates General Manager Brad Treliving announced today that the Phoenix Coyotes have recalled goaltender Louis Domingue from the Gwinnett Gladiators to the Portland Pirates.
Domingue has appeared in 3 games for the Pirates this season with a record of 1-0-0 with a 2.40 goals against average and a .934 save percentage. Domingue's last appearance for the Pirates was his first start of the season against Providence on November 17th, a 4-3 OT win where he made a career high 43 saves.
In seven games with Gwinnett this season, Domingue has a 2.01 goals against average and a .939 save percentage with a record of 1-3-0-2, including one shutout. The 6 foot 3, 200 pound native of Mont St-Hilaire, Quebec was selected by the Phoenix Coyotes in round 5 (138 overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
The Pirates face off against the Manchester Monarchs at the Androscoggin Bank Colisee in game three of the VIP Cup Series, presented by VIP Tires & Service tonight at 7 PM. Tickets are available by calling the Colisee Box Office on Friday at (207) 283-2009 ext. 525 and online at thecolisee.com. Throughout the month of December, the Pirates will be collecting donations of non-perishable and canned food at all home games at the Androscoggin Bank Colisee. Pirates fans who donate will receive 2 tickets to an upcoming January Pirates game, based on availability. All food will be donated to the Good Shepherd Food Bank.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2013
- Comets lose to Adirondack - Utica Comets
- Barons rally to beat Wolves 5-2 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Griffins off to Best Start in Franchise History - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Falcons Outlast Wolf Pack, Win 3-2 - Springfield Falcons
- Monarchs Outshoot Pirates, Take VIP Cup Series Lead - Portland Pirates
- B-Sens Lose 4-3 in Shootout to Albany - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Rally First, But It Doesn't Last - Chicago Wolves
- Sceviour's Overtime Goal Hands Texas 2-1 Win over Iowa - Texas Stars
- Holmstrom Makes It Rain Teddy Bears - Adirondack Phantoms
- Falcons beat Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sound Tigers beat Bears - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Ross Leads Hogs Past Checkers - Rockford IceHogs
- Zach Puts Them Back on Track - Manchester Monarchs
- Stars Slip by Wild in OT 2-1 - Iowa Wild
- Checkers Lose Rockford Rematch - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Defeated by Admiral 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Sound Tigers Power Past Bears - Hershey Bears
- Sharks Extend Point Streak to Five Games After 4-3 Shootout Loss to Bruins - Worcester Sharks
- P-Bruins Stun Sharks 4-3 in Shootout - Providence Bruins
- Devils Withstand Senators, Win in SO - Albany Devils
- Norfolk Completes Weekend Sweep of Syracuse with 2-1 Win - Norfolk Admirals
- RECAP: Penguins Shutout IceCaps to Split Weekend Series - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceCaps Fall to Penguins 3-0 - St. John's IceCaps
- Marlies Fall 2-1 against Hamilton - Toronto Marlies
- Bulldogs Hold on for 2-1 Win over Marlies - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Anaheim Reassigns Goaltender Igor Bobkov to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Connolly Recalled, Sivak Released from PTO - Abbotsford Heat
- Forward Michael St. Croix Reassigned to Greenville - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Blackhawks Reassign Nordstrom to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Banwell Released from PTO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Pirates Recall Louis Domingue from Gwinnett - Portland Pirates
- Gameday: Comets at Adirondack - Utica Comets
- Pirates Look to Take VIP Cup Advantage vs. Monarch - Portland Pirates
- Heat Defeat Rampage on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Abbotsford Heat
- Admirals Top Oklahoma City 5-2 - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.