Anaheim Reassigns Goaltender Igor Bobkov to Norfolk
ANAHEIM, CA - The Anaheim Ducks announced Saturday that the National Hockey League Club has reassigned goaltender Igor Bobkov to the Norfolk Admirals (AHL) from the Utah Grizzlies (ECHL).
Bobkov, 22, returns to Norfolk having posted a 3-4-1-2 record, a 2.17 goals against average, and a .919 save percentage with Utah this season. Bobkov is coming off of back-to-back shutout performances against the Alaska Aces on Dec. 4 (29 saves) & Dec. 6 (26 saves). Bobkov has gone 0-1-1 in two appearances with Norfolk this season, while posting a 2.95 goals against average, and a.925 save percentage.
Last season, the 6-6, 235-pound netminder posted an 11-17-0 record, including two shutouts in 28 appearances with Norfolk. The Magnitogorsk, Russia native posted a 2-1-1 record in four appearances with the Syracuse Crunch (AHL) during the 2011-12 season. Bobkov was selected by Anaheim in the 3rd round of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
Bobkov should be available tonight when the Admirals battle at Syracuse beginning at 7:00 p.m. Fans can catch all of the live action on 1490AM The Game, or online at www.1490amthegame.com Fans may also watch the game online at the AHL Live website: http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/
The Admirals return home for a pair of games against the Springfield Falcons on December 13 & 14. The Annual Toy Toss is set for Friday, December 13th.
Game tickets are now on sale, and are available through the Norfolk Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 and online at ticketmaster.com.
For 10-packs, or discounted group tickets stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope, or call (757) 640-1212 Office hours are Monday - Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Fans can also visit us online at www.norfolkadmirals.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2013
- Comets lose to Adirondack - Utica Comets
- Barons rally to beat Wolves 5-2 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Griffins off to Best Start in Franchise History - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Falcons Outlast Wolf Pack, Win 3-2 - Springfield Falcons
- Monarchs Outshoot Pirates, Take VIP Cup Series Lead - Portland Pirates
- B-Sens Lose 4-3 in Shootout to Albany - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Rally First, But It Doesn't Last - Chicago Wolves
- Sceviour's Overtime Goal Hands Texas 2-1 Win over Iowa - Texas Stars
- Holmstrom Makes It Rain Teddy Bears - Adirondack Phantoms
- Falcons beat Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sound Tigers beat Bears - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Ross Leads Hogs Past Checkers - Rockford IceHogs
- Zach Puts Them Back on Track - Manchester Monarchs
- Stars Slip by Wild in OT 2-1 - Iowa Wild
- Checkers Lose Rockford Rematch - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Defeated by Admiral 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Sound Tigers Power Past Bears - Hershey Bears
- Sharks Extend Point Streak to Five Games After 4-3 Shootout Loss to Bruins - Worcester Sharks
- P-Bruins Stun Sharks 4-3 in Shootout - Providence Bruins
- Devils Withstand Senators, Win in SO - Albany Devils
- Norfolk Completes Weekend Sweep of Syracuse with 2-1 Win - Norfolk Admirals
- RECAP: Penguins Shutout IceCaps to Split Weekend Series - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceCaps Fall to Penguins 3-0 - St. John's IceCaps
- Marlies Fall 2-1 against Hamilton - Toronto Marlies
- Bulldogs Hold on for 2-1 Win over Marlies - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Anaheim Reassigns Goaltender Igor Bobkov to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Connolly Recalled, Sivak Released from PTO - Abbotsford Heat
- Forward Michael St. Croix Reassigned to Greenville - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Blackhawks Reassign Nordstrom to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Banwell Released from PTO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Pirates Recall Louis Domingue from Gwinnett - Portland Pirates
- Gameday: Comets at Adirondack - Utica Comets
- Pirates Look to Take VIP Cup Advantage vs. Monarch - Portland Pirates
- Heat Defeat Rampage on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Abbotsford Heat
- Admirals Top Oklahoma City 5-2 - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.