Admirals Top Oklahoma City 5-2
Milwaukee, WI--The Admirals broke out of a scoring drought with five goals as they cruised past the Oklahoma City Barons 5-2 on Friday night at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.
It was the most goals they have had in a game since winning by the same score on November 2 in Iowa and it was more goals than they scored in their just completed three-game road trip (4).
Colton Sissons got things started for Milwaukee with an unassisted tally at the 4:52 mark. Miika Salomaki got the play started when he drove to the Barons net and tried to pass across the slot. His pass was stopped by Oklahoma City d-man Brandon Davidson, but Davidson's clearing attempt when right on Sissons tape and the Ads rookie fired a slapper by OKC goalie Laurent Brossoit.
Mark Van Guilder pushed the Ads lead to 2-0 just 2:12 later with his fourth goal of the year. Taylor Beck and Simon Moser assisted on the play.
Just 1:58 into the second period Austin Watson gave the Ads a 3-0 lead on a one-timer from just below the right circle. Ads defenseman Joe Piskula held the zone on a clearing attempt and then drove hard down to the goal line where he chipped the puck over to Beck. Beck, quickly changed directions before making the pass out to Watson
Tony Bitetto made it 4-0 Ads at 6:34 with his seventh goal of the season and fourth on the power-play, ending a 0-for-24 drought for Milwaukee on the man-advantage.
The Barons tried to make a game of it with goals from Linus Omark and Brad Hunt three minutes apart in the third, but Kevin Henderson's marker at 12:42 ended any hopes of a Barons' comeback.
Scott Darling stopped 28 shots for his third win in as many starts, while Sissons (1g-1a), Watson (1g-1a), and Beck (2a) each registered two-point nights.
Milwaukee set season highs with 44 shots in the game and 21 shots during the second period.
The Admirals are off for the rest of the weekend and don't hit the ice again until next Thursday night when they host the Barons again.
Fans can purchase tickets by calling Ticketmaster at 800-745-3000 or by logging onto www.ticketmaster.com. Groups of 10 or more receive significant discounts off the original ticket price. For more information, or to purchase group tickets, fans can call the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550.
Don't forget to follow the Admirals on Twitter (@mkeadmirals) and on Facebook.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2013
- Comets lose to Adirondack - Utica Comets
- Barons rally to beat Wolves 5-2 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Griffins off to Best Start in Franchise History - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Falcons Outlast Wolf Pack, Win 3-2 - Springfield Falcons
- Monarchs Outshoot Pirates, Take VIP Cup Series Lead - Portland Pirates
- B-Sens Lose 4-3 in Shootout to Albany - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Rally First, But It Doesn't Last - Chicago Wolves
- Sceviour's Overtime Goal Hands Texas 2-1 Win over Iowa - Texas Stars
- Holmstrom Makes It Rain Teddy Bears - Adirondack Phantoms
- Falcons beat Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sound Tigers beat Bears - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Ross Leads Hogs Past Checkers - Rockford IceHogs
- Zach Puts Them Back on Track - Manchester Monarchs
- Stars Slip by Wild in OT 2-1 - Iowa Wild
- Checkers Lose Rockford Rematch - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Defeated by Admiral 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Sound Tigers Power Past Bears - Hershey Bears
- Sharks Extend Point Streak to Five Games After 4-3 Shootout Loss to Bruins - Worcester Sharks
- P-Bruins Stun Sharks 4-3 in Shootout - Providence Bruins
- Devils Withstand Senators, Win in SO - Albany Devils
- Norfolk Completes Weekend Sweep of Syracuse with 2-1 Win - Norfolk Admirals
- RECAP: Penguins Shutout IceCaps to Split Weekend Series - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceCaps Fall to Penguins 3-0 - St. John's IceCaps
- Marlies Fall 2-1 against Hamilton - Toronto Marlies
- Bulldogs Hold on for 2-1 Win over Marlies - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Anaheim Reassigns Goaltender Igor Bobkov to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Connolly Recalled, Sivak Released from PTO - Abbotsford Heat
- Forward Michael St. Croix Reassigned to Greenville - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Blackhawks Reassign Nordstrom to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Banwell Released from PTO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Pirates Recall Louis Domingue from Gwinnett - Portland Pirates
- Gameday: Comets at Adirondack - Utica Comets
- Pirates Look to Take VIP Cup Advantage vs. Monarch - Portland Pirates
- Heat Defeat Rampage on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Abbotsford Heat
- Admirals Top Oklahoma City 5-2 - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.