Crunch Defeated by Admiral 2-1
Syracuse, NY - The Syracuse Crunch fell to the Norfolk Admirals 2-1 tonight at the War Memorial Arena.
Admirals defenseman Jesse Blacker scored the game-winning goal 8:12 into the third period to drop the Crunch's overall record to 11-8-1-2. The Crunch are now 2-1-0-1 against the Admirals this season.
Crunch netminder Kristers Gudlevskis stopped 22 of 24 while suffering his first AHL loss. Admirals goaltender Igor Bobkov, called up from the Utah Grizzlies earlier today, stopped 21 of the 22 shots he faced. Syracuse was scoreless on four power-play chances while the Admirals converted on one of four man-advantages.
Norfolk forward Rickard Rakell opened the scoring by converting on the power play with 4:46 remaining in the first period.
Rakell was credited with the goal after the puck slipped past Gudlevskis during a scrum in front of the net. Assists went to Jesse Blacker and Kevin Gagne.
Crunch forward Eric Neilson, with his first goal of the season, tied up the game with 15:13 left in the second. Neilson found the rebound of a Max Parent shot on Bobkov's stick-side. The secondary assist went to Dmitry Korobov.
Blacker scored at the 8:12 mark in the final frame to end the game 2-1. Max Friberg fed Blacker at the top of the left circle, Blacker's shot rang off the left post before finding the back of the net. Nolan Yonkman also earned an assist on the play.
The Crunch travel to St. John's for back-to-back games against the IceCaps on Dec. 10 and 11.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2013
- Comets lose to Adirondack - Utica Comets
- Barons rally to beat Wolves 5-2 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Griffins off to Best Start in Franchise History - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Falcons Outlast Wolf Pack, Win 3-2 - Springfield Falcons
- Monarchs Outshoot Pirates, Take VIP Cup Series Lead - Portland Pirates
- B-Sens Lose 4-3 in Shootout to Albany - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Rally First, But It Doesn't Last - Chicago Wolves
- Sceviour's Overtime Goal Hands Texas 2-1 Win over Iowa - Texas Stars
- Holmstrom Makes It Rain Teddy Bears - Adirondack Phantoms
- Falcons beat Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sound Tigers beat Bears - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Ross Leads Hogs Past Checkers - Rockford IceHogs
- Zach Puts Them Back on Track - Manchester Monarchs
- Stars Slip by Wild in OT 2-1 - Iowa Wild
- Checkers Lose Rockford Rematch - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Defeated by Admiral 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Sound Tigers Power Past Bears - Hershey Bears
- Sharks Extend Point Streak to Five Games After 4-3 Shootout Loss to Bruins - Worcester Sharks
- P-Bruins Stun Sharks 4-3 in Shootout - Providence Bruins
- Devils Withstand Senators, Win in SO - Albany Devils
- Norfolk Completes Weekend Sweep of Syracuse with 2-1 Win - Norfolk Admirals
- RECAP: Penguins Shutout IceCaps to Split Weekend Series - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceCaps Fall to Penguins 3-0 - St. John's IceCaps
- Marlies Fall 2-1 against Hamilton - Toronto Marlies
- Bulldogs Hold on for 2-1 Win over Marlies - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Anaheim Reassigns Goaltender Igor Bobkov to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Connolly Recalled, Sivak Released from PTO - Abbotsford Heat
- Forward Michael St. Croix Reassigned to Greenville - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Blackhawks Reassign Nordstrom to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Banwell Released from PTO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Pirates Recall Louis Domingue from Gwinnett - Portland Pirates
- Gameday: Comets at Adirondack - Utica Comets
- Pirates Look to Take VIP Cup Advantage vs. Monarch - Portland Pirates
- Heat Defeat Rampage on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Abbotsford Heat
- Admirals Top Oklahoma City 5-2 - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Syracuse Crunch, Utica Comets, Binghamton Devils, Rochester Americans Partner with American Red Cross to Announce New York Hockey Gives Blood
- Syracuse Crunch Announce Fuel the Force Initiative with Tully's Good Times and CopperTop Tavern
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Goaltender Clint Windsor to AHL Contract
- Syracuse Crunch Issue Statement Regarding the Suspension of the 2019-20 Season
- Crunch Roll Past Comets, 3-1