Marlies in Laval for Matinee Matchup against the Rocket
The Marlies close out their weekend road trip today with a stop in Laval to take on the Rocket.
Today's game marks the first of eight regular season matchups between these North Division rivals, and the Marlies will be looking to build off a convincing 7-4 win over the Belleville Senators last night. Toronto powered back with a four goal third period to come from behind and pick up their seventh win of the season. The Marlies have picked up a point in every game so far this season. Pontus Aberg continues to lead the Marlies with 11 points (6 goals, 5 assists) including a goal in last night's contest.
Laval comes into today's game riding the high of a 2-1 shootout win over the Hartford Wolf Pack. The Rocket have won their previous three contests and have a league-best penalty kill (97.8%), allowing only one goal in 45 shorthanded situations. Alex Belzile leads the Rocket in scoring with 9 points (5 goals, 4 assists) through 12 games.
The Marlies were 7-2-1-0 against the Rocket last season and are 9-2-0-0 over the last five years when visiting Laval.
Puck drops at 3:00 PM on AHLTV and fans can check in on Twitter (@TorontoMarlies) for game updates.
Head to Head (2019-20 Regular Season)
7-0-2-0 Overall Record 6-5-1-0
0-0-0-0 Head To Head 0-0-0-0
Win 1 Streak Win 3
35 Goals For 30
22 Goals Against 31
24.1% Power Play Percentage 20.4%
79.4% Penalty Kill Percentage 97.8%
P. Aberg (6) Leading Goal Scorers A. Belzile (4)
P. Aberg (11) Leading Points Scorer A. Belzile (9)
K. Kaskisuo (5) Wins Leader C. Primeau (4)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 2, 2019
- Syracuse Crunch Take Down Binghamton Devils, 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Penguins Fall to Thunderbirds in Shootout, 4-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Hammond, Amerks Silence First-Place Comets - Rochester Americans
- Desrosiers Backbones Resilient T-Birds Past Penguins in Shootout - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Post Game Notes: Texas 2 at San Antonio 8 - Texas Stars
- Belleville Gets by Pack in a Shootout - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Wild Stunned by Rockford in 3-2 Overtime Loss - Iowa Wild
- Sens Beat Wolf Pack in a Shootout - Belleville Senators
- P-Bruins Fall to Hershey Bears, 5-3 - Providence Bruins
- Berube Saves the Day in Bridgeport - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Admirals Bear-y Wolves in Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Holmstrom collects first AHL goal in setback - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bears Bounce Back to Beat Bruins 5-3 - Hershey Bears
- Wolves' Winning Streak Ends at Five - Chicago Wolves
- Comets Blanked for Second Straight Night - Utica Comets
- Zetterlund and Bastian score for Devils in loss - Binghamton Devils
- Rocket Overcome Two Goal Deficits to Defeat the Marlies 6-5 in a Shootout - Laval Rocket
- Moose Hold off Griffins, 5-3 - Manitoba Moose
- Jones Reassigned to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Marlies in Laval for Matinee Matchup against the Rocket - Toronto Marlies
- Stockton to Score for Cure to Cancer for Next Fifteen Games - Stockton Heat
- Syracuse Crunch to Host Military Appreciation Game November 8 - Syracuse Crunch
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Goaltender Spencer Martin to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Heat, Roadrunners Begin Season Series Saturday - Stockton Heat
- Game 10 Preview: Tucson at Stockton - Tucson Roadrunners
- Sound Tigers Host Phantoms in Two this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Wolf Pack, November 2 - Belleville Senators
- Beaudin Fulfils NHL Dream - Belleville Senators
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, November 2, 2019 Ay Utica Comets - Rochester Americans
- Blue Jackets Recall Kole Sherwood, Assign Jakob Lilja to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Bruins, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Reign Pick up Point in OT Setback - Ontario Reign
- Barracuda Fall 3-2 in Shootout at Stockton - San Jose Barracuda
- Gulls Pick up First Home Win - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Work Overtime for 3-2 Win in Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Point Streak Hits Five Games After Shootout Win - Stockton Heat
- Eagles Suffer First Road Loss in 5-4 Defeat at San Diego - Colorado Eagles
- Rocket Win 2-1 in a Shootout against the Wolf Pack to Earn Their Third Consecutive Victory - Laval Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.