Wolves' Winning Streak Ends at Five
MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin -- The Milwaukee Admirals scored three goals in the opening 12-plus minutes to set the tone for a 5-2 victory over the Chicago Wolves on Saturday night at Panther Arena.
Forwards Tyrell Goulbourne and Gage Quinney scored goals and defenseman Nic Hague handed out two assists for the Wolves (6-4-1-0), who saw their five-game winning streak come to a close.
Oscar Dansk (2-2-0) started the night in net for Chicago, but left after allowing three goals in the first 12:06. Rookie Dylan Ferguson handled the rest of the game.
The Admirals (5-3-1-2) opened the scoring 1:59 into the night as forward Tanner Jeannot's wrister from the left circle beat Dansk on the glove side. That brought stuffed animals raining to the ice as part of Milwaukee's Teddy Bear Toss promotion.
Milwaukee pushed its lead to 2-0 at 3:37 as forward Daniel Carr, who won the AHL's Most Valuable Player award with the Wolves last season, unleashed a slap shot from the right point that sizzled through traffic for a power-play goal.
The Admirals took advantage of their second power-play chance, too, as Cole Schneider set up in the slot, raised his stick to waist level and redirected Colin Blackwell's blast from above the left circle.
The Wolves sliced the margin to 3-1 at 14:35 of the first period when Keegan Kolesar chased down a Nic Hague pass behind Milwaukee's net, spied Goulbourne raced through the left circle and fed him for a quick blast past goaltender Connor Ingram.
Milwaukee's Anthony Richard sneaked a redirect past Ferguson at 10:56 of the third to give the Admirals a 4-1 lead, but Quinney answered with a power-play blast at 12:22. Rookie forward Lucas Elvenes assisted on the tally to increase his point streak to a league-best nine games.
Dansk posted six saves for the Wolves while Ferguson notched 13. Ingram (3-2-1) stopped 34 shots in the win.
The Wolves continue their five-game road trip Sunday at Rockford. The 4 p.m. Illinois Lottery Cup contest will be broadcast on My50. Chicago's next home game is Saturday, Nov. 9, vs. Manitoba to open Military Appreciation Weekend. To get the best ticket deals, visit ChicagoWolves.com or call 1-800-THE-WOLVES.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 2, 2019
- Syracuse Crunch Take Down Binghamton Devils, 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Penguins Fall to Thunderbirds in Shootout, 4-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Hammond, Amerks Silence First-Place Comets - Rochester Americans
- Desrosiers Backbones Resilient T-Birds Past Penguins in Shootout - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Post Game Notes: Texas 2 at San Antonio 8 - Texas Stars
- Belleville Gets by Pack in a Shootout - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Wild Stunned by Rockford in 3-2 Overtime Loss - Iowa Wild
- Sens Beat Wolf Pack in a Shootout - Belleville Senators
- P-Bruins Fall to Hershey Bears, 5-3 - Providence Bruins
- Berube Saves the Day in Bridgeport - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Admirals Bear-y Wolves in Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Holmstrom collects first AHL goal in setback - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bears Bounce Back to Beat Bruins 5-3 - Hershey Bears
- Wolves' Winning Streak Ends at Five - Chicago Wolves
- Comets Blanked for Second Straight Night - Utica Comets
- Zetterlund and Bastian score for Devils in loss - Binghamton Devils
- Rocket Overcome Two Goal Deficits to Defeat the Marlies 6-5 in a Shootout - Laval Rocket
- Moose Hold off Griffins, 5-3 - Manitoba Moose
- Jones Reassigned to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Marlies in Laval for Matinee Matchup against the Rocket - Toronto Marlies
- Stockton to Score for Cure to Cancer for Next Fifteen Games - Stockton Heat
- Syracuse Crunch to Host Military Appreciation Game November 8 - Syracuse Crunch
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Goaltender Spencer Martin to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Heat, Roadrunners Begin Season Series Saturday - Stockton Heat
- Game 10 Preview: Tucson at Stockton - Tucson Roadrunners
- Sound Tigers Host Phantoms in Two this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Wolf Pack, November 2 - Belleville Senators
- Beaudin Fulfils NHL Dream - Belleville Senators
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, November 2, 2019 Ay Utica Comets - Rochester Americans
- Blue Jackets Recall Kole Sherwood, Assign Jakob Lilja to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Bruins, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Reign Pick up Point in OT Setback - Ontario Reign
- Barracuda Fall 3-2 in Shootout at Stockton - San Jose Barracuda
- Gulls Pick up First Home Win - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Work Overtime for 3-2 Win in Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Point Streak Hits Five Games After Shootout Win - Stockton Heat
- Eagles Suffer First Road Loss in 5-4 Defeat at San Diego - Colorado Eagles
- Rocket Win 2-1 in a Shootout against the Wolf Pack to Earn Their Third Consecutive Victory - Laval Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.