Comets Blanked for Second Straight Night
Utica, N.Y. - The Comets were unable to muster up any offense as they suffered a 6-0 loss to the Rochester Americans Saturday night at the Adirondack Bank Center. Zane McIntyre stopped 13 of 17 shots before being relieved by Michael DiPietro. DiPietro made 14 saves on 16 shots faced.
Brett Murray gave Rochester a 1-0 lead five minutes into the game, putting a rebound off the pad of McIntyre and in. Scott Wilson doubled the lead with a shorthanded goal at the 15:41 mark of the first. Rasmus Asplund made it 3-0 with a minute to go in the opening frame.
Curtis Lazar scored shorthanded four minutes into the middle frame to extend the Amerks' lead to 4-0. Tage Thompson continued the onslaught with a power play goal halfway through the period. Jarrett Burton made it 6-0 after a lengthy review with four minutes to go in the second.
Despite a pair of power play opportunities, the Comets were shut down by the Amerks defense to help Andrew Hammond secure the win.
The Comets return to the ice Wednesday night when they hit the road to take on the Binghamton Devils. Puck drop is at 7:05 p.m. Fans are encouraged to utilize the ticket exchange website, StubHub!. The game can be heard on 94.9 KROCK and viewed on AHLTV.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 2, 2019
- Syracuse Crunch Take Down Binghamton Devils, 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Penguins Fall to Thunderbirds in Shootout, 4-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Hammond, Amerks Silence First-Place Comets - Rochester Americans
- Desrosiers Backbones Resilient T-Birds Past Penguins in Shootout - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Post Game Notes: Texas 2 at San Antonio 8 - Texas Stars
- Belleville Gets by Pack in a Shootout - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Wild Stunned by Rockford in 3-2 Overtime Loss - Iowa Wild
- Sens Beat Wolf Pack in a Shootout - Belleville Senators
- P-Bruins Fall to Hershey Bears, 5-3 - Providence Bruins
- Berube Saves the Day in Bridgeport - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Admirals Bear-y Wolves in Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Holmstrom collects first AHL goal in setback - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bears Bounce Back to Beat Bruins 5-3 - Hershey Bears
- Wolves' Winning Streak Ends at Five - Chicago Wolves
- Comets Blanked for Second Straight Night - Utica Comets
- Zetterlund and Bastian score for Devils in loss - Binghamton Devils
- Rocket Overcome Two Goal Deficits to Defeat the Marlies 6-5 in a Shootout - Laval Rocket
- Moose Hold off Griffins, 5-3 - Manitoba Moose
- Jones Reassigned to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Marlies in Laval for Matinee Matchup against the Rocket - Toronto Marlies
- Stockton to Score for Cure to Cancer for Next Fifteen Games - Stockton Heat
- Syracuse Crunch to Host Military Appreciation Game November 8 - Syracuse Crunch
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Goaltender Spencer Martin to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Heat, Roadrunners Begin Season Series Saturday - Stockton Heat
- Game 10 Preview: Tucson at Stockton - Tucson Roadrunners
- Sound Tigers Host Phantoms in Two this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Wolf Pack, November 2 - Belleville Senators
- Beaudin Fulfils NHL Dream - Belleville Senators
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, November 2, 2019 Ay Utica Comets - Rochester Americans
- Blue Jackets Recall Kole Sherwood, Assign Jakob Lilja to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Bruins, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Reign Pick up Point in OT Setback - Ontario Reign
- Barracuda Fall 3-2 in Shootout at Stockton - San Jose Barracuda
- Gulls Pick up First Home Win - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Work Overtime for 3-2 Win in Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Point Streak Hits Five Games After Shootout Win - Stockton Heat
- Eagles Suffer First Road Loss in 5-4 Defeat at San Diego - Colorado Eagles
- Rocket Win 2-1 in a Shootout against the Wolf Pack to Earn Their Third Consecutive Victory - Laval Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.