Dallas Stars Sign Defenseman Reece Scarlett and Center Tanner Kero
FRISCO, Texas - Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today that the club has signed center Tanner Kero to a two-year, two-way contract and defenseman Reece Scarlett to a one-year, two-way contract.
Kero, 26, tallied 57 points (24-33=57) in 67 regular-season games during the 2018-19 campaign with the Utica Comets of the American Hockey League (AHL). The center led the team in assists (33), while raking second in points (57) and goals (24). His 11 power play goals paced the Comets and shared 11th among all AHL players.
The forward recorded 22 points (8-14=22) in 72 career regular-season games over three NHL seasons, all as a member of the Chicago Blackhawks. He made one appearance in the Stanley Cup Playoffs with the Blackhawks in 2017, playing in four games. Additionally, he has skated in 197 career regular-season AHL games over five AHL seasons with Rockford and Utica, posting 141 points (64-77=141). Kero has appeared on three occasions in the Calder Cup Playoffs with the IceHogs (2015, 2016, 2018), skating in 21 games and logging eight points (2-6=8).
The 6-foot, 185-pound native of Hancock, Mich. was originally undrafted and signed with Chicago as a free agent on April 2, 2015.
Scarlett, 26, skated in one American Hockey League (AHL) contest with the Texas Stars in 2018-19, suffering a season-ending knee injury on Oct. 5. The defenseman has registered 102 points (19-83=102) in 274 career regular-season AHL contests with Albany, Springfield and Texas. He has also made two trips to the Calder Cup Playoffs, appearing in 32 career postseason AHL games and recording three points (0-3=3) with Albany and Texas.
The 6-foot-1, 185-pound native of Sherwood Park, Alberta was originally selected by New Jersey in the sixth round (159th overall) of the 2011 NHL Draft and was acquired by Dallas via trade with Florida in exchange for defenseman Ludwig Bystrom on Nov. 10, 2017.
The Texas Stars are the primary development affiliate of the NHL's Dallas Stars, and return to H-E-B Center at Cedar Park for the upcoming season on October 4, 2019. Full-season, 24-game and 12-game ticket packages for the 2019-20 campaign are on sale now. For more information, call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit TexasStars.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 1, 2019
- New Jersey Devils Sign Street, Tennyson, Mermis to Two-Way Contracts - Binghamton Devils
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Goaltender Zachary Fucale to AHL Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Blues Agree to Two-Way Contracts with Six Players - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Re-Sign All-Star Forward Greg Carey - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Jets Sign Cameron Schilling to a One-Year Contract - Manitoba Moose
- Florida Panthers Agree to Terms with Defensemen Tommy Cross & Ethan Prow - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Monsters Sign Forward Sam Vigneault to One-Year AHL Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Golden Knights Sign Six, Including Brandon Pirri - Chicago Wolves
- Capitals Re-Sign Goaltender Vitek Vanecek to Three-Year Deal - Hershey Bears
- Rocket Agrees to Terms with William Pelletier - Laval Rocket
- Sens Ink Szwarz to Two-Way Deal - Belleville Senators
- LA Kings Add Ryan, Frk - Ontario Reign
- Dallas Stars Sign Defenseman Reece Scarlett and Center Tanner Kero - Texas Stars
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Three Players to One-Year, Two-Way Contracts - Syracuse Crunch
- IceHogs Agree to Terms with Tyler Sikura - Rockford IceHogs
- Phantoms Sign Cal O'Reilly to Two-Year Deal - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolf Pack Sign Vincent LoVerde, Tom McCollum and Harry Zolnierczyk - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Flames Sign Brandon Davidson to One Year Two-Way Contract - Stockton Heat
- Flames Sign Byron Froese to To One Year Two-Way Contract - Stockton Heat
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Defenseman Luke Witkowski to Two-Year, Two-Way Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Free Agent Forwards Greg McKegg and Danny O'Regan - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Griffins Sign Spezia and Kestner to One-Year Deals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Joe Palmer Hired as Syracuse Crunch Goaltending & Video Coach - Syracuse Crunch
- Predators Sign AHL MVP Daniel Carr - Milwaukee Admirals
- Devils Sign Forward Ryan Schmelzer to AHL Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Capitals Sign Forward Philippe Maillet to Two-Year Deal - Hershey Bears
- Flyers Sign Forward Kurtis Gabriel to One-Year Deal - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Flyers Sign Defenseman Nate Prosser to Two-Year Deal - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Sabres Ink Dea to Two-Year Deal - Rochester Americans
- Dalton Smith Returns for Third Season in Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Sabres, Gilmour Agree to One-Year Deal - Rochester Americans
- Sabres Sign Lazar to One-Year Contract - Rochester Americans
- Sabres Sign Goaltender Hammond - Rochester Americans
- Stars Sign Goaltender Landon Bow to 1-Year Contract - Texas Stars
- Sens Acquire Carcone in Multi-Player Trade with Toronto - Belleville Senators
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.