Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Three Players to One-Year, Two-Way Contracts
SYRACUSE, N.Y. --- The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed goaltenders Scott Wedgewood and Spencer Martin, as well as forward Chris Mueller, to one-year, two-way contracts, vice president and general manager Julien BriseBois announced today.
Wedgewood, 26, appeared in 48 games with the Rochester Americans of the American Hockey League during the 2018-19 season, posting a record of 28-14-2 to go along with a 2.68 goals-against average and .908 save percentage. He ranked second in the AHL for both wins and shutouts (five). He set career highs last year for games played, wins and shutouts. The Brampton, Ontario native also played in three 2019 Calder Cup Playoff games.
The 6-foot-2, 195-pound goaltender has appeared in 164 career AHL games over seven seasons with the Americans, Binghamton Devils, Ontario Reign and Albany Devils, compiling an 81-51-12 record to go along with a 2.47 goals-against average and .908 save percentage. Wedgewood has also made 24 appearances in the NHL over two seasons with the New Jersey Devils and Arizona Coyotes, posting a record of 7-10-5 to go along with a 3.05 goals-against average and .903 save percentage.
Wedgewood was originally drafted by the Devils in the third round, 84th overall, in the 2010 NHL Draft.
Martin, 6-foot-3, 200 pounds, played in 23 games with the Colorado Eagles of the American Hockey League last season, posting a 9-10-2 record with a .902 save percentage and a 3.40 goals-against average. He also registered three shutouts.
The Oakville, Ontario native has played in 125 career AHL games with the Eagles and the San Antonio Rampage, notching a 49-58-11 record with nine shutouts. He has also played in three career NHL games, all with the Colorado Avalanche during the 2016-17 season.
Martin was drafted by the Avalanche in the third round, 63rd overall, of the 2013 NHL Draft.
Mueller, 33, appeared in 60 games with the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League last season, collecting 33 goals and 65 points to go along with 32 penalty minutes. The West Seneca, New York native ranked first on the Marlies for goals and second for points. Mueller also ranked third in the AHL for power-play goals with 16. The Marlies assistant captain set a career high for goals in 2018-19. He also played in 13 Calder Cup Playoff games for Toronto, recording five goals and 10 points.
The 5-foot-10, 196-pound forward has skated in 53 career NHL games over five seasons with the Nashville Predators, Dallas Stars and New York Rangers, posting three goals and 10 points. Mueller has also appeared in 711 career AHL games, registering 222 goals and 527 points to go along with 374 penalty minutes. He has won the Calder Cup twice, with the Marlies in 2018 and the Texas Stars in 2014.
Ticket packages for the 2019-20 season are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the Crunch office located inside the War Memorial Arena at 800 S. State St. in Syracuse, by calling the office at 315-473-4444 or online through Ticketmaster. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 1, 2019
- New Jersey Devils Sign Street, Tennyson, Mermis to Two-Way Contracts - Binghamton Devils
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Goaltender Zachary Fucale to AHL Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Blues Agree to Two-Way Contracts with Six Players - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Re-Sign All-Star Forward Greg Carey - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Jets Sign Cameron Schilling to a One-Year Contract - Manitoba Moose
- Florida Panthers Agree to Terms with Defensemen Tommy Cross & Ethan Prow - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Monsters Sign Forward Sam Vigneault to One-Year AHL Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Golden Knights Sign Six, Including Brandon Pirri - Chicago Wolves
- Capitals Re-Sign Goaltender Vitek Vanecek to Three-Year Deal - Hershey Bears
- Rocket Agrees to Terms with William Pelletier - Laval Rocket
- Sens Ink Szwarz to Two-Way Deal - Belleville Senators
- LA Kings Add Ryan, Frk - Ontario Reign
- Dallas Stars Sign Defenseman Reece Scarlett and Center Tanner Kero - Texas Stars
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Three Players to One-Year, Two-Way Contracts - Syracuse Crunch
- IceHogs Agree to Terms with Tyler Sikura - Rockford IceHogs
- Phantoms Sign Cal O'Reilly to Two-Year Deal - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolf Pack Sign Vincent LoVerde, Tom McCollum and Harry Zolnierczyk - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Flames Sign Brandon Davidson to One Year Two-Way Contract - Stockton Heat
- Flames Sign Byron Froese to To One Year Two-Way Contract - Stockton Heat
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Defenseman Luke Witkowski to Two-Year, Two-Way Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Free Agent Forwards Greg McKegg and Danny O'Regan - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Griffins Sign Spezia and Kestner to One-Year Deals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Joe Palmer Hired as Syracuse Crunch Goaltending & Video Coach - Syracuse Crunch
- Predators Sign AHL MVP Daniel Carr - Milwaukee Admirals
- Devils Sign Forward Ryan Schmelzer to AHL Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Capitals Sign Forward Philippe Maillet to Two-Year Deal - Hershey Bears
- Flyers Sign Forward Kurtis Gabriel to One-Year Deal - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Flyers Sign Defenseman Nate Prosser to Two-Year Deal - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Sabres Ink Dea to Two-Year Deal - Rochester Americans
- Dalton Smith Returns for Third Season in Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Sabres, Gilmour Agree to One-Year Deal - Rochester Americans
- Sabres Sign Lazar to One-Year Contract - Rochester Americans
- Sabres Sign Goaltender Hammond - Rochester Americans
- Stars Sign Goaltender Landon Bow to 1-Year Contract - Texas Stars
- Sens Acquire Carcone in Multi-Player Trade with Toronto - Belleville Senators
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Forward Ross Colton to One-Year Contract
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Defenseman Ben Thomas
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Defenseman Andreas Borgman, Goaltender Chris Gibson
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Goaltender Spencer Martin
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Forwards Mitchell Stephens, Gemel Smith