IceHogs Agree to Terms with Tyler Sikura
ROCKFORD, Ill. - The American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs today announced they have agreed to terms with forward Tyler Sikura on a one-year AHL contract through the 2019-20 season.
Sikura, 27, was an alternate captain with the IceHogs for the second straight season in 2018-19, skating in 50 games and tallying 19 points (7g, 12a). The forward was named the team's Unsung Hero after posting the Hogs' second-longest point streak of the campaign in which he recorded four goals and two assists over a five-game stretch from Oct. 6 - 20. Sikura also capped the season with multi-point efforts on Oct. 14 vs. Hershey (2a) and Dec. 19 vs. Milwaukee (1g, 1a).
The Aurora, Ontario native enjoyed a breakout year with Rockford in 2017-18, logging 39 points with 23 goals, 16 assists and a +24 plus/minus rating in 74 contests. Sikura ranked first on team in plus/minus, second in goals, third in points and was tabbed the IceHogs' team MVP for his standout campaign. The forward skated to an even-or-better rating in 60 of his 74 games that year and finished the regular season with the top plus/minus rating of all AHL rookie forwards. In addition, he tied the franchise record with goals in five straight games from Jan. 6 - 13.
Since making his IceHogs debut in 2017-18, Sikura leads all Rockford skaters with a +25 rating and shares the team lead with 35 total goals in 137 contests between the regular and postseason.
Overall, the third-year forward has combined for 58 points (30g, 28a) in 146 career regular-season AHL games between Springfield (2014-15), Portland (2015-16), Iowa (2016-17) and Rockford (2017-19). He has also tallied 82 points (30g, 52a) in 115 career ECHL games with Toledo (2015-17) and Manchester (2016-17).
Prior to beginning his pro career, Sikura attended Dartmouth College (NCAA) from 2011-15 where he served as the team captain in each of his final two seasons. He was selected to the All-Ivy League First Team in 2012-13 after leading the club in goals (12), assists (20) and points (32).
Season Tickets for 2019-20 on Sale Now:
Don't miss a moment of the action next season. Reserve your seats for the IceHogs' 21st season of professional hockey in Rockford and 13th as the top AHL affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks. The IceHogs' home opener is set for Oct. 12 and ticket packages begin as low as $132 for an eight-game mini pack. Contact us at (815) 847-6399 or visit icehogs.com to claim your spots for this upcoming season.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 1, 2019
- New Jersey Devils Sign Street, Tennyson, Mermis to Two-Way Contracts - Binghamton Devils
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Goaltender Zachary Fucale to AHL Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Blues Agree to Two-Way Contracts with Six Players - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Re-Sign All-Star Forward Greg Carey - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Jets Sign Cameron Schilling to a One-Year Contract - Manitoba Moose
- Florida Panthers Agree to Terms with Defensemen Tommy Cross & Ethan Prow - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Monsters Sign Forward Sam Vigneault to One-Year AHL Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Golden Knights Sign Six, Including Brandon Pirri - Chicago Wolves
- Capitals Re-Sign Goaltender Vitek Vanecek to Three-Year Deal - Hershey Bears
- Rocket Agrees to Terms with William Pelletier - Laval Rocket
- Sens Ink Szwarz to Two-Way Deal - Belleville Senators
- LA Kings Add Ryan, Frk - Ontario Reign
- Dallas Stars Sign Defenseman Reece Scarlett and Center Tanner Kero - Texas Stars
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Three Players to One-Year, Two-Way Contracts - Syracuse Crunch
- IceHogs Agree to Terms with Tyler Sikura - Rockford IceHogs
- Phantoms Sign Cal O'Reilly to Two-Year Deal - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolf Pack Sign Vincent LoVerde, Tom McCollum and Harry Zolnierczyk - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Flames Sign Brandon Davidson to One Year Two-Way Contract - Stockton Heat
- Flames Sign Byron Froese to To One Year Two-Way Contract - Stockton Heat
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Defenseman Luke Witkowski to Two-Year, Two-Way Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Free Agent Forwards Greg McKegg and Danny O'Regan - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Griffins Sign Spezia and Kestner to One-Year Deals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Joe Palmer Hired as Syracuse Crunch Goaltending & Video Coach - Syracuse Crunch
- Predators Sign AHL MVP Daniel Carr - Milwaukee Admirals
- Devils Sign Forward Ryan Schmelzer to AHL Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Capitals Sign Forward Philippe Maillet to Two-Year Deal - Hershey Bears
- Flyers Sign Forward Kurtis Gabriel to One-Year Deal - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Flyers Sign Defenseman Nate Prosser to Two-Year Deal - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Sabres Ink Dea to Two-Year Deal - Rochester Americans
- Dalton Smith Returns for Third Season in Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Sabres, Gilmour Agree to One-Year Deal - Rochester Americans
- Sabres Sign Lazar to One-Year Contract - Rochester Americans
- Sabres Sign Goaltender Hammond - Rochester Americans
- Stars Sign Goaltender Landon Bow to 1-Year Contract - Texas Stars
- Sens Acquire Carcone in Multi-Player Trade with Toronto - Belleville Senators
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Quenneville and Tomkins Among Four Players Assigned to IceHogs from Blackhawks
- IceHogs Receive 10 Players from the Chicago Blackhawks Ahead of 2020-21 Season
- 2020 Blackhawks Draft Pick & OHL Premier Goal Scorer Chad Yetman Joins IceHogs
- 28 Teams to Participate in 2020-21 AHL Season Including IceHogs
- Chicago Blackhawks Training Camp Roster Packed with IceHogs