Chicago Assigns Forwards Martinsen, Sikura to Rockford
ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Chicago Blackhawks today announced that they have assigned forwards Andreas Martinsen and Dylan Sikura to the American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs.
Martinsen, 28, has spent the 2018-19 season with the Blackhawks, logging one goal, three assists and 14 penalty minutes in 24 NHL games. The big-bodied forward leads Chicago with 83 hits on the year, and his 3.5 hits per game are currently tied for ninth among all NHL skaters as of Saturday. Martinsen made his season debut on Oct. 4 at Ottawa, recorded his first point on Nov. 3 at Calgary and netted his lone goal as part of a multi-point effort on Dec. 12 vs. Pittsburgh (1g, 1a).
The Bærum, Norway native will join Rockford following his standout campaign with the team last year that helped lead the IceHogs to the 2018 Western Conference Finals. Martinsen posted 28 points (12g, 16a) and 62 PIMs in 64 games during the regular season, and won Rockford's "Heavy Hitter" award after leading all Rockford forwards in penalty minutes per game. He then added two goals and three assists in 13 postseason contests during the Calder Cup playoffs.
Sikura, 23, has split the 2018-19 campaign between Rockford and Chicago. He has combined for three assists in 11 NHL games over his two stints with the Blackhawks this season, including picking up a helper at the NHL's annual Winter Classic on Jan. 1 vs. Boston.
The Aurora, Ontario native now returns to the IceHogs where he has notched 18 points (9g, 9a) in 26 games during his rookie campaign. At the time of his recall to Chicago on Dec. 12, Sikura led the team in scoring and goals, and ranked first among all AHL rookies with four game-winning tallies. The forward is also still currently tied for the team lead with five multi-point games on the year, and his 90 shots on goals are good for third among league rookies as of Saturday.
NEXT HOME GAME: Jan. 6 vs. Iowa Wild | 4 p.m.
The IceHogs take on the Iowa Wild this Sunday at the BMO Harris Bank Center. The first 2,500 fans in attendance will receive a free pack of 2018-19 IceHogs player cards, thanks to Gizmo Sports Cards. The game will also feature a postgame skate with the team.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 5, 2019
- Hamilton, Phillips Push Heat Past Eagles - Stockton Heat
- Stars Earn a Point in Shootout, Fall to Manitoba 3-2 - Texas Stars
- Griffins' Six-Game Point Streak Ended with 6-4 Loss at Hershey - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Moose Rebound for Win at Texas - Manitoba Moose
- Gallant, Wolves Stop Rampage - Chicago Wolves
- Koivula scores for the fifth straight game in setback on Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Penguins Fall to Admirals, 5-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Tokarski Stars in 3-1 Win - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Crunch Downed by Marlies, 5-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Thompson, Ang Lead T-Birds Past Bruins on Sold out Blast from the Past Night - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Admirals Dominate Penguins in Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Gersich Scores in Return, Bears Beat Griffins 6-4 - Hershey Bears
- Cormier, Defense Lift Devils over Sound Tigers, 3-2 - Binghamton Devils
- Phantoms Drop 3-1 Decision at Hartford - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Five Unanswered Goals Lead T-Birds over P-Bruins 5-3 - Providence Bruins
- Charlotte Bests Sens to Claim Season Series - Belleville Senators
- Checkers Win Second Straight against Belleville - Charlotte Checkers
- LacCuvee Shines in 2-1 Rocket Victory over Americans - Laval Rocket
- Amerks Fall Short in Rematch with Laval - Rochester Americans
- Devils Sign Goaltender Jeremy Brodeur to PTO - Binghamton Devils
- Marlies Visit Crunch for North Division Tilt - Toronto Marlies
- San Diego Gulls Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Center James Phelan Loaned to Idaho - Texas Stars
- Monsters Upended by Comets, 6-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Rout Monsters for Third Straight Win - Utica Comets
- Game #32 Preview: Tucson at Bakersfield - Tucson Roadrunners
- Pet Bowl Giveaway Tonight against Tucson - Bakersfield Condors
- Chicago Assigns Forwards Martinsen, Sikura to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Francouz Reassigned to Eagles, Cannata Returns to Utah - Colorado Eagles
- Heat Face Eagles Saturday at Stockton Arena - Stockton Heat
- Wolf Pack Return Drew Melanson to Maine - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Blues Announce Goaltending Transactions - San Antonio Rampage
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Checkers, January 5 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Griffins at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Power Play Roars in Roadrunners' 7-5 Win over Stockton - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Edged by the AHL's Hottest Team - San Jose Barracuda
- Kahkonen Leads Iowa to Third Straight Shutout of Hogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Offense Roars to Life in Colorado's 5-4 Win over Condors - Colorado Eagles
- Boyle Lifts Gulls to Fifth Straight Win - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Fire Away in 5-4 Loss to Colorado - Bakersfield Condors
- Tansey Tallies Two Points in 7-5 Loss to Tucson - Stockton Heat
- Rampage Win Fourth Straight with Binnington Shutout - San Antonio Rampage
- Despite Hard Fought Battle, Rocket Edged in 3-2 Loss to Americans - Laval Rocket
- Kahkonen Shines as Wild Shuts out Rockford 3-0 - Iowa Wild
- Nylander Lifts Amerks to Shootout Win over Rocket - Rochester Americans
- Bow, Stars Hold off Moose for Seventh Straight Home Win - Texas Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.