Adirondack Thunder Raise $16,645 for Military Veterans
GLENS FALLS, NY - The Adirondack Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the New Jersey Devils, announced today that their efforts have raised $16,645 from their Military Appreciation Night presented by UA Plumbers & Steamfitters Local #773 on October 25th.
Adirondack held a live auction of their military-themed specialty jerseys after the game that raised $14,450. The 50/50 raffle held in the arena during the game brought in $1,520. Additional fundraising tickets added another $675 to the donation total. With the help from the Thunder's Seats for Service program, 525 tickets to the game were sold and donated to military personnel.
"We couldn't think of a better cause to sponsor!" Mike Jarvis, Business Manager at UA Local said. "Plumbers and Steamfitters Local #773 has put veterans to work for the past 100 years and continues to do so today. It is our pleasure to show our appreciation for the sacrifices that they make every day to defend our country."
The money raised from the evening will benefit the Ben Osborn Memorial Foundation, Malta Veterans Relief Fun and Veteran Relief Fund of Post 2475.
Next Home Game
The Thunder host the Reading Royals this Friday at Cool Insuring Arena for 80's Night! Get your tickets HERE or call 518-480-3355!
Teddy Bear Toss Four Pack
The Adirondack Thunder will host the Brampton Beast on November 30th at 7pm for their annual Teddy Bear Toss game presented by Aviation Mall! Get your four pack, featuring four teddy bears, now for just $69!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 11, 2019
- Mariners Win Third Straight Thanks to Kile's OT Heroics - Maine Mariners
- Combs, Weninger Help Thunder to 4-2 Win on Veterans Day - Wichita Thunder
- Carzo Scores 100th ECHL Goal, But Mavs Drop Monday Night Contest - Kansas City Mavericks
- Hodgson Ties Game with 29 Seconds Left, Royals Grab Point at Maine - Reading Royals
- Admirals Acquire Defenseman Samuel Thibault from Indy - Norfolk Admirals
- Walleye Weekly: on the Road to Newfoundland - Toledo Walleye
- Sam Thibault Traded to Norfolk - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - November 11 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - November 11, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Solar Bears Sign Jake Coughler - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Weekly Report - November 11 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Americans Trade Forward Salvaggio to Wichita - Allen Americans
- This Week: Homestand Wraps up Wednesday as Part of 4-Game Week - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Acquires Salvaggio from Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 5 (November 4 - November 10, 2019) - Indy Fuel
- Komets Sweep Wings at Kalamazoo; Wings Visit Friday; Tip-A-Komet Tuesday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Adirondack Thunder Raise $16,645 for Military Veterans - Adirondack Thunder
- Grizzlies Weekly: Taylor Richart Scores 100th Point with Grizzlies - Utah Grizzlies
- Oil Drops: Oilers End Week with First Road Win Before Autism Awareness Night on Saturday - Tulsa Oilers
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly #5 (2019-20) - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Receives Returned Kelly Cup - ECHL
- Another Fun Weekend of Doubleheader Hockey in Allen - Allen Americans
- Mavs Monday: Mavs Look to Gain Ground in Division After Weekend Sweep of Utah - Kansas City Mavericks
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- K-Wings Weekly: Week of November 11 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Start 3-Game North Division Swing at Maine - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Adirondack Thunder Stories
- Thunder Team up with Uno Pizzeria and Grill for Friday Night Fare
- Cool Insuring Arena to Shut Down for Two Weeks
- Adirondack Thunder Issue Statement on Cancellation of 2019-20 Season
- Statement from the Adirondack Thunder on Suspension of ECHL Season
- Thunder's Hutchison Makes Noise During Pro Debut in Loss to Railers