ECHL Receives Returned Kelly Cup
November 11, 2019 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
PRINCETON, N.J. - ECHL Commissioner Ryan Crelin attended the Newfoundland Growlers' home game against the Atlanta Gladiators this past weekend, and received the Kelly Cup from the Growlers that was returned by the Colorado Eagles to Newfoundland last month.
Newfoundland, which captured the 2019 Kelly Cup title with a 4 games to 2 win over Toledo in the Kelly Cup Finals, will keep the Cup which was raised following their championship victory at the Mile One Centre. The returned Kelly Cup will return to circulation and be presented to the ECHL champion by its namesake, ECHL Commissioner Emeritus Patrick J. Kelly, following the 2020 Kelly Cup Finals.
"The return of the Kelly Cup is great news for hockey," said ECHL Commissioner Emeritus Patrick J. Kelly. "To continue the passage of Kelly Cup from champion to champion is an honor and tradition that I look forward to continuing."
The ECHL appreciates the safe return of the Kelly Cup and everyone's efforts to do what is best for the game of hockey.
Images from this story
The Kelly Cup being awarded to the Allen Americans
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 11, 2019
- Mariners Win Third Straight Thanks to Kile's OT Heroics - Maine Mariners
- Combs, Weninger Help Thunder to 4-2 Win on Veterans Day - Wichita Thunder
- Carzo Scores 100th ECHL Goal, But Mavs Drop Monday Night Contest - Kansas City Mavericks
- Hodgson Ties Game with 29 Seconds Left, Royals Grab Point at Maine - Reading Royals
- Admirals Acquire Defenseman Samuel Thibault from Indy - Norfolk Admirals
- Walleye Weekly: on the Road to Newfoundland - Toledo Walleye
- Sam Thibault Traded to Norfolk - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - November 11 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - November 11, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Solar Bears Sign Jake Coughler - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Weekly Report - November 11 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Americans Trade Forward Salvaggio to Wichita - Allen Americans
- This Week: Homestand Wraps up Wednesday as Part of 4-Game Week - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Acquires Salvaggio from Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 5 (November 4 - November 10, 2019) - Indy Fuel
- Komets Sweep Wings at Kalamazoo; Wings Visit Friday; Tip-A-Komet Tuesday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Adirondack Thunder Raise $16,645 for Military Veterans - Adirondack Thunder
- Grizzlies Weekly: Taylor Richart Scores 100th Point with Grizzlies - Utah Grizzlies
- Oil Drops: Oilers End Week with First Road Win Before Autism Awareness Night on Saturday - Tulsa Oilers
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly #5 (2019-20) - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Receives Returned Kelly Cup - ECHL
- Another Fun Weekend of Doubleheader Hockey in Allen - Allen Americans
- Mavs Monday: Mavs Look to Gain Ground in Division After Weekend Sweep of Utah - Kansas City Mavericks
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- K-Wings Weekly: Week of November 11 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Start 3-Game North Division Swing at Maine - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.