Solar Bears Sign Jake Coughler
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Orlando Solar Bears have announced that the club has agreed to terms with rookie forward Jake Coughler on a Standard Player Contract.
Coughler, 23, joins Orlando after recording four points (2g-2a) and two penalty minutes in 11 games with HC Dukla Trencin of Slovakia's Tipsport Liga earlier this season.
Prior to turning pro, the 6-foot-1, 187-pound forward played two seasons of USports athletics for St. Mary's University, where he tallied 63 points (27g-36a) and 32 penalty minutes in 60 games for the Huskies program and was named to the Atlantic University Sport All-Rookie Team in 2017-18.
The native of St. Catharines, Ontario played four seasons in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League for the Halifax Mooseheads, Charlottetown Islanders and Gatineau Olympiques, where he picked up 125 points (65g-60a) and 104 penalty minutes in 215 games.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 11, 2019
- Mariners Win Third Straight Thanks to Kile's OT Heroics - Maine Mariners
- Combs, Weninger Help Thunder to 4-2 Win on Veterans Day - Wichita Thunder
- Carzo Scores 100th ECHL Goal, But Mavs Drop Monday Night Contest - Kansas City Mavericks
- Hodgson Ties Game with 29 Seconds Left, Royals Grab Point at Maine - Reading Royals
- Admirals Acquire Defenseman Samuel Thibault from Indy - Norfolk Admirals
- Walleye Weekly: on the Road to Newfoundland - Toledo Walleye
- Sam Thibault Traded to Norfolk - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - November 11 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - November 11, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Solar Bears Sign Jake Coughler - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Weekly Report - November 11 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Americans Trade Forward Salvaggio to Wichita - Allen Americans
- This Week: Homestand Wraps up Wednesday as Part of 4-Game Week - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Acquires Salvaggio from Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 5 (November 4 - November 10, 2019) - Indy Fuel
- Komets Sweep Wings at Kalamazoo; Wings Visit Friday; Tip-A-Komet Tuesday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Adirondack Thunder Raise $16,645 for Military Veterans - Adirondack Thunder
- Grizzlies Weekly: Taylor Richart Scores 100th Point with Grizzlies - Utah Grizzlies
- Oil Drops: Oilers End Week with First Road Win Before Autism Awareness Night on Saturday - Tulsa Oilers
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly #5 (2019-20) - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Receives Returned Kelly Cup - ECHL
- Another Fun Weekend of Doubleheader Hockey in Allen - Allen Americans
- Mavs Monday: Mavs Look to Gain Ground in Division After Weekend Sweep of Utah - Kansas City Mavericks
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- K-Wings Weekly: Week of November 11 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Start 3-Game North Division Swing at Maine - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando Solar Bears Stories
- Leading Scorer Trevor Olson Returns to Solar Bears
- Solar Bears Extend Qualifying Offers for 2020-21 Season
- Solar Bears Add Rookie Defenseman Paul Meyer
- Solar Bears Acquire Tommy Panico from Growlers
- LeBlanc, Kuqali and Lohan Are First Solar Bears Signings for 2020-21 Season