Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 5 (November 4 - November 10, 2019)
INDY FUEL WEEK 4 RESULTS: 2-0-0-0, 5-4-0-0 Overall, 5th Central Division
Friday, November 8 - Fuel 4 vs. Toledo 2:
The Toledo Walleye came to the Circle City for the first time this season on Friday night. The Fuel opened the scoring 18 seconds into the first period with a goal from Alex Krushelnyski then proceeded to take a 3-0 lead into the locker room, seeing goals from Spencer Watson, Joe Sullivan and Graham Knott. Toledo fought back and scored a late goal in the third period, but Indy held on to win 4-2 over the division leaders.
Saturday, November 9 - Fuel 4 vs. Cincinnati 1:
Indy hosted the Cincinnati Cyclones on Saturday night for the third time this season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum. Indy opened the scoring in the second period when Spencer Watson beat Cyclones goaltender Sean Romeo over the shoulder. The scoring continued for the Fuel when Jake Schultz scored his first ECHL goal to give the Fuel a 2-0 lead. Cincinnati would respond with a goal of their own from Jesse Schultz but Karl El-Mir and Bobby MacIntyre put home insurance goals in the third period to give Indy a 4-1 win over the Cyclones.
INDY FUEL WEEK 5 SCHEDULE:
Wednesday, November 13 - Fuel vs Kansas City (7:05 p.m. ET, Indiana Farmers Coliseum):
The Mavericks will be looking for revenge on Wednesday night after falling to the Fuel 6-2 in Indy's second game of the season. Wednesday's game will be the second matchup between the two teams but the first time they have met at Indiana Farmers Coliseum this season. In his first professional game, Karl El-Mir scored three power play goals and Chase Marchand earned his first win of the season.
Friday, November 15 - Fuel at South Carolina (7:05 p.m. ET, North Charleston Coliseum):
Friday's game at South Carolina will be the first time Indy has seen the Stingrays since March 27, 2015. South Carolina came into Indiana Farmers Coliseum on a 23 game win streak, the longest in ECHL history. Falling by a score of 3-2 in a shootout, the Stingrays and winning streak was snapped by the Indy Fuel.
Saturday, November 16 - Fuel at Greenville (7:05 p.m. ET, Bon Secours Wellness Arena):
In five years as a franchise, Indy has only met the Swamp Rabbits twice, splitting the series at Greenville. Indy fell by a score of 5-4 on Friday and responded with a 4-1 win on Saturday. Greenville has lost four out of their last five games, two of them coming against South Carolina, who Indy will face Friday night.
Sunday, November 17 - Fuel at Atlanta (2:05 p.m. ET, Infinite Energy Arena)
In the third game in three days, Indy will face Atlanta for the first time this season on Sunday afternoon. The Fuel have only met the Gladiators twice in franchise history, winning both games by one goal. The Gladiators are riding the hot hand of Samuel Asselin, who has seven goals and seven assists in nine games and was named ECHL Player of the Week on November 5. To finish off the pair of games between the two teams, Atlanta will travel to Indianapolis in late January for a second matchup at Indiana Farmers Coliseum.
Joe Sullivan scored his first goal in his first game of the season on Friday night
Alex Krushelnyski snapped an eight-game point streak by not picking up a point in Saturday's game against Cincinnati
Spencer Watson extended his point streak to nine games on Saturday, scoring a goal in the first period against Cincinnati
Jake Schultz scored his first goal in a Fuel uniform and his first ECHL goal on Saturday.
Schultz also had his first fight in a Fuel uniform before scoring his first goal
Chase Marchand earned his second win of the season on Saturday, stopping 26-of-27 shots by Cincinnati
Indy's penalty kill was perfect on the weekend, killing off 3-out-of-3 penalties.
Indy knocked off the Central Division's first-place team on Friday, going back to last season, Indy has now won two games in a row against Toledo
Winning on Saturday night, Indy has outscored the Cyclones 9-3 in three matchups at Indiana Farmers Coliseum
Having won both games this weekend, the Fuel are 3-1 at home
Scoring three goals in the first period on Friday, Indy has now outscored opponents 15-6 in the first period
Indy has also been outscored in the second (9-10) and third (8-9) periods this season
Single-Game tickets are now available for the entire 2019-20 Fuel season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Fans can also take advantage of a wide variety of Ticket Plans by calling 317-925-FUEL or visiting IndyFuelHockey.com.
Catch every home game this season with a free online stream at IndyFuelHockey.com! Click the "Watch/Listen Live" button to hear Andrew Smith and Nick Olczyk bring you all of the action from Indiana Farmers Coliseum. Fans can also watch all 72 games at home and on the road live through ECHL.TV!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 11, 2019
- Mariners Win Third Straight Thanks to Kile's OT Heroics - Maine Mariners
- Combs, Weninger Help Thunder to 4-2 Win on Veterans Day - Wichita Thunder
- Carzo Scores 100th ECHL Goal, But Mavs Drop Monday Night Contest - Kansas City Mavericks
- Hodgson Ties Game with 29 Seconds Left, Royals Grab Point at Maine - Reading Royals
- Admirals Acquire Defenseman Samuel Thibault from Indy - Norfolk Admirals
- Walleye Weekly: on the Road to Newfoundland - Toledo Walleye
- Sam Thibault Traded to Norfolk - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - November 11 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - November 11, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Solar Bears Sign Jake Coughler - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Weekly Report - November 11 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Americans Trade Forward Salvaggio to Wichita - Allen Americans
- This Week: Homestand Wraps up Wednesday as Part of 4-Game Week - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Acquires Salvaggio from Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 5 (November 4 - November 10, 2019) - Indy Fuel
- Komets Sweep Wings at Kalamazoo; Wings Visit Friday; Tip-A-Komet Tuesday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Adirondack Thunder Raise $16,645 for Military Veterans - Adirondack Thunder
- Grizzlies Weekly: Taylor Richart Scores 100th Point with Grizzlies - Utah Grizzlies
- Oil Drops: Oilers End Week with First Road Win Before Autism Awareness Night on Saturday - Tulsa Oilers
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly #5 (2019-20) - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Receives Returned Kelly Cup - ECHL
- Another Fun Weekend of Doubleheader Hockey in Allen - Allen Americans
- Mavs Monday: Mavs Look to Gain Ground in Division After Weekend Sweep of Utah - Kansas City Mavericks
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- K-Wings Weekly: Week of November 11 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Start 3-Game North Division Swing at Maine - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.