Admirals Acquire Defenseman Samuel Thibault from Indy
Norfolk, VA - The Norfolk Admirals announced today they have acquired defenseman Samuel Thibault from the Indy Fuel.
Thibault, 6'1, 195lbs, joins the Admirals after finishing last season with the Indy Fuel, where his assistant coach was current Admirals assistant, Ryan McGinnis. The 23-year old Ste-Martine, Quebec native had eight total points in 26 career games played with the Fuel.
Before playing in Indy, Thibault was a member of the Toledo Walleye at the start of the 2018-19 ECHL season. After playing in 38 games with the Walleye, he was dealt to the Fuel to help bolster their chances into the playoffs. Indy eventually finished with 78 points and was ousted in the first round by Toledo in four games.
Thibault turned pro in 2017-18 after spending four seasons with the Baie-Comeau Drakkar in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL). In his fourth and final season, Thibault was named team captain and finished with 21 points, which was third best among the team defensemen.
The Admirals are back in action at Scope Arena on Wednesday night as they take on the Greenville Swamp Rabbits. It's Hockey Fights ALS Night and tickets are still available for purchase at the Scope Box Office or visit norfolkadmirals.com/tickets for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 11, 2019
- Mariners Win Third Straight Thanks to Kile's OT Heroics - Maine Mariners
- Combs, Weninger Help Thunder to 4-2 Win on Veterans Day - Wichita Thunder
- Carzo Scores 100th ECHL Goal, But Mavs Drop Monday Night Contest - Kansas City Mavericks
- Hodgson Ties Game with 29 Seconds Left, Royals Grab Point at Maine - Reading Royals
- Admirals Acquire Defenseman Samuel Thibault from Indy - Norfolk Admirals
- Walleye Weekly: on the Road to Newfoundland - Toledo Walleye
- Sam Thibault Traded to Norfolk - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - November 11 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - November 11, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Solar Bears Sign Jake Coughler - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Weekly Report - November 11 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Americans Trade Forward Salvaggio to Wichita - Allen Americans
- This Week: Homestand Wraps up Wednesday as Part of 4-Game Week - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Acquires Salvaggio from Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 5 (November 4 - November 10, 2019) - Indy Fuel
- Komets Sweep Wings at Kalamazoo; Wings Visit Friday; Tip-A-Komet Tuesday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Adirondack Thunder Raise $16,645 for Military Veterans - Adirondack Thunder
- Grizzlies Weekly: Taylor Richart Scores 100th Point with Grizzlies - Utah Grizzlies
- Oil Drops: Oilers End Week with First Road Win Before Autism Awareness Night on Saturday - Tulsa Oilers
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly #5 (2019-20) - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Receives Returned Kelly Cup - ECHL
- Another Fun Weekend of Doubleheader Hockey in Allen - Allen Americans
- Mavs Monday: Mavs Look to Gain Ground in Division After Weekend Sweep of Utah - Kansas City Mavericks
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- K-Wings Weekly: Week of November 11 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Start 3-Game North Division Swing at Maine - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Norfolk Admirals Stories
- Strong Start Not Enough as Rabbits Squeak by Admirals
- Three First Period Goals Too Much as Admirals Hop by Rabbits
- Forward Artem Ivanyuzenkov Loaned to Norfolk from AHL's San Jose Barracuda
- Sakellaropoulous Traded to the Rapid City Rush
- Admirals Acquire Former 1st-Round Pick Phillips from Worcester