Yauheni Aksiantsiuk Named to 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Steelheads, in conjunction with the ECHL, have announced that forward Yauheni Aksiantsiuk has been named to the 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic in Jacksonville, Fla. as the team's representative in the annual event.
Aksiantsiuk, 20, marks the youngest player to be named to the All-Star event in the team's history and the first forward since the 2018 event when Justin Parizek represented the Steelheads. In 17 games this season, the Brest, Belarus native owns nine goals and seven assists for 16 points with two power play goals, two game-winning goals and a plus-six rating. He was named Howie's Hockey Tape ECHL Rookie of the Month in October thanks to a nine-point effort in the month, owns the fourth-most goals on the team and second in scoring among rookies, and his 20.9 percent conversion-rate for shots to goals is fifth-best among ECHL rookies.
The 5-foot-9 forward is one of two Steelheads players with a hat-trick on the season, netting his on November 26 against Allen as part of a 3-2 overtime win, and his overtime-winner on October 30 is the fastest overtime goal in team history as well as the fourth-fastest in ECHL history at seven seconds. He has earned two call-ups to the AHL's Texas Stars and made his AHL debut on December 1.
Aksiantsiuk began his professional career in the Belarusian Extraleague in two non-concurrent seasons with Shakhtyor Soligorsk in 2018-19 and Yunost Minsk in 2020-21, winning the league championship with Yunost Minsk and debuted at just 17 years old with Shakhtyor. He earned a silver medal with Belarus at the 2019 IIHF U20 World Championship Division 1A and led Belarus in scoring at the 2019 IIHF U18 World Championship. He earned 78 points (33-45-78) in 58 games with the Flint Firebirds in the 2019-20 campaign and was selected 162nd overall (6th Round) by the Dallas Stars in the 2020 NHL Draft.
The Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic will be held on January 16-17 at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena. The two-day event will feature a skills competition with the All-Star Game against the host Jacksonville Icemen on Monday, Jan. 17 at 7:00 p.m. ET aired exclusively on NHL Network as well as FloHockey.
The Steelheads meet the Utah Grizzlies to open a road three-game weekend on Friday, Jan. 14 at 7:10 p.m. from Maverik Center and return home on Wednesday, Jan. 26 against the Kansas City Mavericks. Single-game tickets are available for all home games during the 2021-22 regular season by going to idahosteelheads.com or calling 331-TIXS! Make sure to secure your FloSports subscription for the 2021-22 season to lock in all Steelheads games and action from around the ECHL.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 12, 2022
- Win Streak Comes to End in Cincinnati - Atlanta Gladiators
- Ken Appleby Makes 37 Saves in 4-2 Victory over Maine - Worcester Railers HC
- Mariners Late Power Play Rally Falls Just Short in Worcester - Maine Mariners
- Cormier Scores Two Goals in 6-2 Win over Thunder - Reading Royals
- Thunder Acquire South Glens Falls Native Shawn Weller - Adirondack Thunder
- Steelheads Receive Aksiantsiuk, Martin from Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Rush Trade for Dillon Kelley, Claim Brady Fleurent - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Transactions - January 12 - ECHL
- Postponed Game from Last Week Rescheduled for February - Allen Americans
- Railers Announce New England Patriots Playoff Rally at DCU Center January 14 - Worcester Railers HC
- Patrick Watling Selected for ECHL All-Star Classic - Wheeling Nailers
- Aaron Luchuk Named to Roster for 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Orlando Solar Bears
- Winiecki Set to Participate in ECHL All-Star Classic - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Announces Players Selected as 2022 All-Stars - Jacksonville Icemen
- Subban Named to ECHL All-Star Classic - South Carolina Stingrays
- Logan Nelson Named 2022 ECHL All-Star - Rapid City Rush
- Yauheni Aksiantsiuk Named to 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Idaho Steelheads
- Buitenhuis Selected to 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Wichita Thunder
- Ken Appleby Selected to 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic Roster - Worcester Railers HC
- Davison Named 2022 ECHL All-Star - Atlanta Gladiators
- Captain Kris Bennett Selected to ECHL All-Star Classic - Iowa Heartlanders
- Liam Pecararo Named to 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Alex Tonge Named to 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Norfolk Admirals
- Marcus Crawford Selected as ECHL All-Star, Rescheduled Date for January 4 vs. Allen Announced - Kansas City Mavericks
- Brazeau Named to Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Maine Mariners
- Zach O'Brien to Represent Newfoundland at ECHL All-Star Classic - Newfoundland Growlers
- Rookie Forward Jack Doremus Named Oilers All-Star - Tulsa Oilers
- Walleye Captain TJ Hensick Named ECHL All-Star - Toledo Walleye
- Cyclones Home Ice Highlights: JAN 12-16 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Americans Gould Named ECHL All-Star - Allen Americans
- ECHL Announces Players Selected as 2022 All-Stars - ECHL
- Joe Masonius Named to 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Adirondack Thunder
- Jacob Pritchard Selected for 2022 ECHL All-Star Classic - Reading Royals
- D'Astous Named to 2022 All-Star Team - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Sign Defenseman Sam Skinner from Ferris State - Idaho Steelheads
- Midwestern Midweek Matchup for Glads - Atlanta Gladiators
- Keoni Texeira Signs PTO with Manitoba Moose - Indy Fuel
- Former NBA Star Michael Kidd-Gilchrist Highlights Let's Talk Night - Wichita Thunder
- Game Day Preview: Americans Host Tulsa, 7:05 PM - Allen Americans
- Theut Stops 39 Shots in 2-1 Win vs. Kansas City - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.