Midwestern Midweek Matchup for Glads
CINCINNATI, Ohio - The Atlanta Gladiators (16-13-2-1) look to extend their win streak to five games tonight against the Cincinnati Cyclones (19-11-1-0). The Glads have won four in a row dating back to Jan. 2. Atlanta and Cincinnati met twice back in November at Gas South Arena with each team claiming a win.
Scouting the Cyclones
Cincinnati sits at second in the Central Division with 39 points. The Cyclones have been on a tear recently and have won their last four games while also earning points in their last eight contests. In that eight-game span, the Cyclones have averaged 4.86 goals per game. Cincy has one of the most potent offenses in the ECHL with an average of 3.65 goals for per game, ranking fourth in the league. Louie Caporusso leads the Cyclones offensively with 26 points (9G-17A). Cincinnati has had solid goaltending from Mat Robson to the tune of a 10-6-1-1 record, 2.51 goals-against average, and a .902 save percentage.
Last Time Out
The Gladiators topped the Greenville Swamp Rabbits 3-2 on the road on Sunday. Tim Davison and Gabe Guertler each bagged goals in their second straight game for Atlanta, while Kameron Kielly netted the game-winner in the third period. Goaltender Chris Nell finished his game with 33 saves on 35 shots.
Defenseman Tim Davison put on a show last weekend against Greenville with a pair of multi-point games. Davison bagged a goal and two assists on Saturday against the Swamp Rabbits, and followed that up with a goal and a helper on Sunday. The De Pere, Wisconsin native also reeled in two apples back on Jan. 2 against Florida, giving him three multi-point games in his last four contests. Davison has 22 points (6G-16A) to his name this season. He is on track to top his previous career high of 30 points (4G-26A) set back in 2018-19 with South Carolina.
Kielly Makes Splash in Return
After being reassigned to Atlanta from Belleville on Jan. 6, forward Kameron Kielly has ripped off points in his first three games back with the Glads. Kielly has put up 11 points (5G-6A) in 14 games this season with Atlanta, including the game-winning goal on Sunday against Greenville.
WHEN: Wednesday, Jan. 12 at 7:35 PM ET
WHERE: Heritage Bank Center - Cincinnati, Ohio
WHO: Atlanta Gladiators at Cincinnati Cyclones
BROADCAST: All Atlanta Gladiators games are broadcast live on the Gladiators Broadcast Network. Listen to the game online at Mixlr.com, or watch the game on FloHockey.TV.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 12, 2022
- Win Streak Comes to End in Cincinnati - Atlanta Gladiators
- Ken Appleby Makes 37 Saves in 4-2 Victory over Maine - Worcester Railers HC
- Mariners Late Power Play Rally Falls Just Short in Worcester - Maine Mariners
- Cormier Scores Two Goals in 6-2 Win over Thunder - Reading Royals
- Thunder Acquire South Glens Falls Native Shawn Weller - Adirondack Thunder
- Steelheads Receive Aksiantsiuk, Martin from Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Rush Trade for Dillon Kelley, Claim Brady Fleurent - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Transactions - January 12 - ECHL
- Postponed Game from Last Week Rescheduled for February - Allen Americans
- Railers Announce New England Patriots Playoff Rally at DCU Center January 14 - Worcester Railers HC
- Patrick Watling Selected for ECHL All-Star Classic - Wheeling Nailers
- Aaron Luchuk Named to Roster for 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Orlando Solar Bears
- Winiecki Set to Participate in ECHL All-Star Classic - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Announces Players Selected as 2022 All-Stars - Jacksonville Icemen
- Subban Named to ECHL All-Star Classic - South Carolina Stingrays
- Logan Nelson Named 2022 ECHL All-Star - Rapid City Rush
- Yauheni Aksiantsiuk Named to 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Idaho Steelheads
- Buitenhuis Selected to 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Wichita Thunder
- Ken Appleby Selected to 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic Roster - Worcester Railers HC
- Davison Named 2022 ECHL All-Star - Atlanta Gladiators
- Captain Kris Bennett Selected to ECHL All-Star Classic - Iowa Heartlanders
- Liam Pecararo Named to 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Alex Tonge Named to 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Norfolk Admirals
- Marcus Crawford Selected as ECHL All-Star, Rescheduled Date for January 4 vs. Allen Announced - Kansas City Mavericks
- Brazeau Named to Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Maine Mariners
- Zach O'Brien to Represent Newfoundland at ECHL All-Star Classic - Newfoundland Growlers
- Rookie Forward Jack Doremus Named Oilers All-Star - Tulsa Oilers
- Walleye Captain TJ Hensick Named ECHL All-Star - Toledo Walleye
- Cyclones Home Ice Highlights: JAN 12-16 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Americans Gould Named ECHL All-Star - Allen Americans
- ECHL Announces Players Selected as 2022 All-Stars - ECHL
- Joe Masonius Named to 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Adirondack Thunder
- Jacob Pritchard Selected for 2022 ECHL All-Star Classic - Reading Royals
- D'Astous Named to 2022 All-Star Team - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Sign Defenseman Sam Skinner from Ferris State - Idaho Steelheads
- Midwestern Midweek Matchup for Glads - Atlanta Gladiators
- Keoni Texeira Signs PTO with Manitoba Moose - Indy Fuel
- Former NBA Star Michael Kidd-Gilchrist Highlights Let's Talk Night - Wichita Thunder
- Game Day Preview: Americans Host Tulsa, 7:05 PM - Allen Americans
- Theut Stops 39 Shots in 2-1 Win vs. Kansas City - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.