Wolves Stopped by Moose
ROSEMONT, Illinois - Goaltender Mikhail Berdin registered his second shutout in as many nights as the Manitoba Moose earned a 3-0 victory over the Chicago Wolves on Saturday night at Allstate Arena.
Berdin, who posted a 41-save shutout Friday night at Rockford, needed to make 26 saves against the Wolves (7-6-0-1). Chicago played without injured forwards Gage Quinney and Keegan Kolesar.
"I thought we actually played a decent game," said Wolves head coach Rocky Thompson. "We've got to grind (teams). We've got to tire them out and take advantage of that and capitalize on our opportunities when they come. I thought we had some good opportunities in the second period and a little bit in the third."
Manitoba (5-8-0-0) opened the scoring on forward Emile Poirier's quick shot from the slot at 14:27 of the first. After Michael Spacek rifled a shot from the right circle into heavy traffic, Poirier chased down the rebound and wristed the puck past Wolves goaltender Oscar Dansk while skating away from the net.
Defenseman Andrei Chibisov added an insurance goal with 1:40 to play. Thompson removed Dansk to try to erase the two-goal deficit, but JC Lipon posted an empty-net goal with 1:01 left.
While Berdin improved his record to 5-6-0, Dansk dropped to 2-4-1 while stopping 18 of 20 shots.
The Wolves host the Rockford IceHogs at 3 p.m. Sunday in Illinois Lottery Cup action as veterans continue to get their due on Military Appreciation Weekend. It's also the second annual Salvation Army Red Kettle Game. To get the best tickets, visit ChicagoWolves.com or call 1-800-THE-WOLVES.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 9, 2019
- Kylington Hat Trick Fuels Heat Comeback Attempt in Tucson - Stockton Heat
- Iowa Falters in 3-2 Loss to Ontario - Iowa Wild
- Lindgren's 25-Save Shutout Leads Rocket to Sixth Consecutive Victory - Laval Rocket
- Texas Falls to Colorado 5-2 in First-Ever Matchup - Texas Stars
- Wolves Stopped by Moose - Chicago Wolves
- Welinski Wins It for Lehigh Valley in Overtime - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Post Game Notes: Stars 2 vs. Eagles 5 - Texas Stars
- Toronto Earns Split with 5-2 Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Eagles Pour on the Offense in 5-2 Win at Texas - Colorado Eagles
- Lost Lead, Lost Shootout Costs Pack a Point - Hartford Wolf Pack
- P-Bruins Defeat Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 4-1 - Providence Bruins
- Senators Beat Hartford in a Shootout Again - Belleville Senators
- RECAP: DeSmith Records 35-Save Shutout in 2-0 Win over Crunch - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Monsters Drop 4-0 Decision to Rocket - Cleveland Monsters
- Devils Fall In Overtime To Comets, 3-2 - Binghamton Devils
- Phantoms Down Bears in Overtime, 3-2 - Hershey Bears
- Wahlstrom scores in his return to Bridgeport - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Blanked by Penguins, 2-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Checkers Shocked by Thunderbirds for OT Loss - Charlotte Checkers
- T-Birds Snatch Victory Late in Charlotte to Earn Series Split - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Marlies Close out Royal Road Trip Today in Grand Rapids - Toronto Marlies
- Amerks Assign Luukkonen to Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Benoit - San Diego Gulls
- Game 13 Preview: Stockton at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Aspirot Enjoying Life as a Professional - Belleville Senators
- Coyotes Assign Comrie to Tucson for Conditioning - Tucson Roadrunners
- Condors Host Moon Landing Jersey Patriotic Night Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Look to Extend Point Streak Saturday - Stockton Heat
- Hogs D-Man Ian McCoshen to Match Fan Donations for Brovember - Rockford IceHogs
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Wolf Pack, November 9 - Belleville Senators
- Ottawa Recalls White from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 7:05 PM - Hershey Bears
- Third Period Throttle - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gulls Win Third in a Row, Top Bakersfield 5-3 - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Drop Weekend Opener in Front of 5,344 - Bakersfield Condors
- Carr, Admirals Quiet Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Gillies Leads Effort in Pushing Point Streak to Seven Games - Stockton Heat
- Rocket Hold off the Cleveland Monsters to Extend Win Streak to Five with a 2-1 Victory - Laval Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.