Hogs D-Man Ian McCoshen to Match Fan Donations for Brovember
ROCKFORD Ill. - Rockford IceHogs defenseman Ian McCoshen has offered to match fans' donations up to $1,500 in the fight against men's cancer for Movember/Brovember. Fans can donate on the IceHogs' GoFundMe page HERE and the proceeds will be combined with McCoshen's funds to benefit the local nonprofit, Brovember Inc.
Fans who donate at least $25 will receive two free ticket vouchers, which can be redeemed for the IceHogs' home game on either Dec. 3 or Dec. 20. Fans must forward their confirmation email from GoFundMe to the IceHogs' general inbox ([email protected]) to be eligible to claim their tickets. The IceHogs will respond to each email to coordinate ticket pickup.
The GoFundMe campaign will run through Dec. 1.
Brovember Inc. is a non-profit organization established in Rockford by local resident and business owner, Dave Armstrong, who launched the initiative in June 2012 after one of his clients was diagnosed with prostate cancer. The IceHogs have partnered with Brovember Inc. on various initiatives over the since 2012, including the Hogs' annual Bowl-A-Thon fundraiser.
In addition, Brovember Inc. has developed numerous programs on its own to raise funds for cancer research and help establish local healthcare programs. Along with its successful "beard-a-thon" fundraiser each November, the organization also expanded its outreach to create a Brovember U.S. Endowment with the University of Illinois College of Medicine.
McCoshen and several IceHogs players will also grow out their beards and mustaches during November as part of the Movember movement to raise awareness for men's health issues.
McCoshen, 24, was originally selected by the Florida Panthers in the second round (31st overall) of the 2013 NHL Draft. The Anaheim, California native was acquired by the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for forward Aleksi Saarela on Oct. 22, 2019.
Next Home Game: Saturday, Nov. 16 vs. Grand Rapids Griffins | 6 p.m.
The Rockford IceHogs host their annual Military Appreciation Night Saturday, Nov. 16 against Grand Rapids. Active and former military members will receive a free ticket for this contest. In addition, the first 1,500 fans in attendance will receive a free pair of camo IceHogs socks, courtesy of Rose Pest Solutions.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 9, 2019
- Kylington Hat Trick Fuels Heat Comeback Attempt in Tucson - Stockton Heat
- Iowa Falters in 3-2 Loss to Ontario - Iowa Wild
- Lindgren's 25-Save Shutout Leads Rocket to Sixth Consecutive Victory - Laval Rocket
- Texas Falls to Colorado 5-2 in First-Ever Matchup - Texas Stars
- Wolves Stopped by Moose - Chicago Wolves
- Welinski Wins It for Lehigh Valley in Overtime - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Post Game Notes: Stars 2 vs. Eagles 5 - Texas Stars
- Toronto Earns Split with 5-2 Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Eagles Pour on the Offense in 5-2 Win at Texas - Colorado Eagles
- Lost Lead, Lost Shootout Costs Pack a Point - Hartford Wolf Pack
- P-Bruins Defeat Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 4-1 - Providence Bruins
- Senators Beat Hartford in a Shootout Again - Belleville Senators
- RECAP: DeSmith Records 35-Save Shutout in 2-0 Win over Crunch - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Monsters Drop 4-0 Decision to Rocket - Cleveland Monsters
- Devils Fall In Overtime To Comets, 3-2 - Binghamton Devils
- Phantoms Down Bears in Overtime, 3-2 - Hershey Bears
- Wahlstrom scores in his return to Bridgeport - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Blanked by Penguins, 2-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Checkers Shocked by Thunderbirds for OT Loss - Charlotte Checkers
- T-Birds Snatch Victory Late in Charlotte to Earn Series Split - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Marlies Close out Royal Road Trip Today in Grand Rapids - Toronto Marlies
- Amerks Assign Luukkonen to Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Benoit - San Diego Gulls
- Game 13 Preview: Stockton at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Aspirot Enjoying Life as a Professional - Belleville Senators
- Coyotes Assign Comrie to Tucson for Conditioning - Tucson Roadrunners
- Condors Host Moon Landing Jersey Patriotic Night Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Look to Extend Point Streak Saturday - Stockton Heat
- Hogs D-Man Ian McCoshen to Match Fan Donations for Brovember - Rockford IceHogs
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Wolf Pack, November 9 - Belleville Senators
- Ottawa Recalls White from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 7:05 PM - Hershey Bears
- Third Period Throttle - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gulls Win Third in a Row, Top Bakersfield 5-3 - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Drop Weekend Opener in Front of 5,344 - Bakersfield Condors
- Carr, Admirals Quiet Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Gillies Leads Effort in Pushing Point Streak to Seven Games - Stockton Heat
- Rocket Hold off the Cleveland Monsters to Extend Win Streak to Five with a 2-1 Victory - Laval Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Bring An IceHog Home for the Holidays During the Exclusive Online Game-Worn Jersey Auction
- IceHogs' Annual Garage Sale Is Tomorrow
- Rockford IceHogs' Annual Garage Sale Is this Saturday
- Find Gifts for Everyone and Save up to 60% at the IceHogs' Annual Garage Sale on November 21
- Oink Outfitters Is Open for All of Your IceHogs Holiday Shopping