Utah Defeats Allen 5-3
Allen, Texas - Ty Lewis had 2 goals and 1 assist and Mitch Maxwell had 1 goal and 1 assist to lead the Utah Grizzlies to a 5-3 victory over the Allen Americans on Friday night at Allen Event Center.
Utah took a 1-0 lead as captain Teigan Zahn scored his 4th goal of the season with 7:35 left in the first period. Utah outshot Allen 6 to 4 in the first period.
Allen tied things up 7:20 into the 2nd period as Dante Salituro scored his 19th of the season. Utah responded with a power play goal from Turner Ottenbreit 11:19 into the period. It was Ottenbreit's 11th goal of the season, which leads all Utah defenseman. The Grizzlies took a 3-1 lead as Mitch Maxwell scored a shorthanded goal 15:59 into the period. It was Maxwell's 4th goal of the season.
Allen got Salituro's 2nd goal of the game 7:06 into the 3rd period. Utah scored 33 seconds later as Ty Lewis was awarded a penalty shot after Allen's David Makowski gloved the puck and took it out of the crease. Lewis scored to make it a 4-2 game. Allen scored 24 seconds later as Braylon Shmyr scored his 19th of the season.
With Allen's net empty, the Grizzlies put the game away on Lewis's 2nd goal of the game. Lewis has 2 goals and 3 assists in 2 games in a Utah uniform. Ryan Walters got the assist to extend his point streak to 6 games.
The Grizzlies head to the BOK Center to take on the Tulsa Oilers for games on Saturday night at 6:00 pm MST and at 3:00 pm MST on Sunday. Both games can be heard on Classic Country 1370 AM, 104.3 FM HD-2.
3 stars of the game
1. Ty Lewis (Utah) - 2 goals, 1 assist.
2. Dante Salituro (Allen) - 2 goals, 1 assist.
3. Braylon Shmyr (Allen) - 1 goal, 2 assists.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 30, 2019
- Paterson Records Shutout as Beast Crush Railers - Brampton Beast
- Cannata Stops 46 in Shootout Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Anchors Away: Early Offense Helps 'Blades to Sweep of Admirals - Florida Everblades
- Steelheads Fall in Series Finale to Rush, 3-1 - Idaho Steelheads
- Solar Bears Rally to Clinch Playoffs with 3-2 Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Earn Signature Shootout Win of Season vs. Wheeling, 3-2 - Reading Royals
- 13,517 See Oilers Top Grizzlies in a Shootout - Tulsa Oilers
- Quick-Strike Cyclones Rally for Victory in Indianapolis - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Take Down Fuel in Season Finale - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Playoff Hopes Dashed in Loss at Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Mavs Clinch Playoff Berth with 5-2 Win at Fort Wayne - Kansas City Mavericks
- Rays Come up Short to Solar Bears, 3-2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Four Goal First Period Sends Florida Past Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Kulbakov Stone Walls Walleye as K-Wings Win 3-0 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Three-Goal Third Sinks Mariners in 4-2 Thunder Victory - Adirondack Thunder
- Railers Play Like NY Jets in 7-0 Loss to Beast - Worcester Railers HC
- Win Streak Halted in 4-3 Loss in Jacksonville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royals Edge Nailers, 3-2 in a Shootout - Wheeling Nailers
- Master's First Pro Goal Not Enough in Glens Falls - Maine Mariners
- Walleye Set Sellout Record - Toledo Walleye
- Growlers Win Final Home Game of the Season 5-2 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Growlers Sweep Weekend with 5-2 Victory over Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Forward Ryan Walker Signs with the Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Kevin Davis Returns to Grizzlies as Road Trip Continues - Utah Grizzlies
- Nailers at Royals Game Day Snap Shot, March 30 - Wheeling Nailers
- Preview: Sweep on the Line as 'Blades Host Admirals on Saturday - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - March 30 - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Indy Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- F Huntebrinker Recalled to Lehigh Valley Ahead of Reading's Saturday Soiree with Wheeling - Reading Royals
- Jeff Lerg Returns to the Walleye - Toledo Walleye
- Americans Host Wichita Tonight in Home Finale - Allen Americans
- Game Day: Important Weekend Continues in Toledo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Autism Awareness Night Tonight vs. Wheeling - Reading Royals
- Utah Defeats Allen 5-3 - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.