Steelheads Fall in Series Finale to Rush, 3-1
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Steelheads (40-24-5) fall 3-1 to the Rapid City Rush (29-32-9) in the final game of the season set on Saturday night from CenturyLink Arena in front of 5,244 fans, marking the 16th sellout of the season.
The first period was filled with dust-ups and fights, however there was only one tally but in favor of the Rush. At 9:29, Rush defenseman Dylan Quaile slipped a shot from the blue line through traffic and by the waiting netminder to edge ahead 1-0.
After the dust settled and clean play took over in the second period, the Steelheads locked in and controlled the momentum. The Steelheads also cashed in on their lone goal of the night at 11:33 when forward Steve McParland re-directed a blueline shot into the net from defenseman Charlie Dodero to tie the game at 1-1.
The Rush didn't have many opportunities in the third period, but they re-gained the lead at 11:36 with a laser shot by forward Zach Fischer to push back ahead 2-1. Rush forward Alex Rauter finished the night with an empty net goal at 18:46 to seal the 3-1 win.
Rush goaltender Adam Carlson (21-16-6) halted 39 of 40 shots in the win, while Steelheads netminder Ryan Faragher (8-7-2) turned aside 23 of 25 shots in the loss.
The Steelheads close the home schedule of the 2018-19 regular season on Friday, Apr. 5 at 7:10 p.m. at CenturyLink Arena to open a three-game weekend against the Utah Grizzlies. Tickets are available by calling 208-383-0080 or going to idahosteelheads.com. Coverage begins at 6:50 p.m. on 1350 KTIK-AM and at 7:00 p.m. on Cable One Channel 72 and ECHL.TV.
Tickets for the 2019 U.S. Bank Kelly Cup Playoffs, presented by SmileDirectClub, will be available in the coming weeks, so follow idahosteelheads.com to see when tickets go on sale. Single-game tickets and ticket packages are available for the rest of the 2018-19 season. Contact the Idaho Steelheads at 208-383-0080 for more information or log on to idahosteelheads.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 30, 2019
- Paterson Records Shutout as Beast Crush Railers - Brampton Beast
- Cannata Stops 46 in Shootout Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Anchors Away: Early Offense Helps 'Blades to Sweep of Admirals - Florida Everblades
- Steelheads Fall in Series Finale to Rush, 3-1 - Idaho Steelheads
- Solar Bears Rally to Clinch Playoffs with 3-2 Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Earn Signature Shootout Win of Season vs. Wheeling, 3-2 - Reading Royals
- 13,517 See Oilers Top Grizzlies in a Shootout - Tulsa Oilers
- Quick-Strike Cyclones Rally for Victory in Indianapolis - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Take Down Fuel in Season Finale - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Playoff Hopes Dashed in Loss at Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Mavs Clinch Playoff Berth with 5-2 Win at Fort Wayne - Kansas City Mavericks
- Rays Come up Short to Solar Bears, 3-2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Four Goal First Period Sends Florida Past Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Kulbakov Stone Walls Walleye as K-Wings Win 3-0 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Three-Goal Third Sinks Mariners in 4-2 Thunder Victory - Adirondack Thunder
- Railers Play Like NY Jets in 7-0 Loss to Beast - Worcester Railers HC
- Win Streak Halted in 4-3 Loss in Jacksonville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royals Edge Nailers, 3-2 in a Shootout - Wheeling Nailers
- Master's First Pro Goal Not Enough in Glens Falls - Maine Mariners
- Walleye Set Sellout Record - Toledo Walleye
- Growlers Win Final Home Game of the Season 5-2 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Growlers Sweep Weekend with 5-2 Victory over Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Forward Ryan Walker Signs with the Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Kevin Davis Returns to Grizzlies as Road Trip Continues - Utah Grizzlies
- Nailers at Royals Game Day Snap Shot, March 30 - Wheeling Nailers
- Preview: Sweep on the Line as 'Blades Host Admirals on Saturday - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - March 30 - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Indy Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- F Huntebrinker Recalled to Lehigh Valley Ahead of Reading's Saturday Soiree with Wheeling - Reading Royals
- Jeff Lerg Returns to the Walleye - Toledo Walleye
- Americans Host Wichita Tonight in Home Finale - Allen Americans
- Game Day: Important Weekend Continues in Toledo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Autism Awareness Night Tonight vs. Wheeling - Reading Royals
- Utah Defeats Allen 5-3 - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.