Paterson Records Shutout as Beast Crush Railers
WORCESTER, MA - Jackson Leef scored twice and Jake Paterson made 30 saves for the shutout, as the Brampton Beast rolled over the Worcester Railers to the tune of 7-0 on Saturday night.
The Brampton Beast continued their road swing with a Saturday night meeting with the Worcester Railers.
The Beast, who were coming off of a pair of losses, were looking to rebound with valuable points up for grabs in the North Division playoff race.
The Beats got the party started with a goal from Jackson Leef, The forward cruised in front of the net and deflected the shot past Worcester netminder Mitch Gilliam.
That made it 1-0 Brampton at 6:02. The Beast continued their assault with a goal from David Pacan at 10:37.
Brampton took a 2-0 lead into the first intermission. The second period saw the boys run away with the game. The aforementioned Leef made a beautiful move and beat Gilliam for his second of the game at 3:31.
The secondary assist on the Leef goal was credited to defenseman Miles Gendron. It was his first professional point.
Artur Tianulin and Daniel Ciampini also added tallies in the middle frame to give the Beast a 5-0 lead after 40 minutes of play.
The third continued with the Beast pressing the offense. Boston Leier got on the score sheet with a power play goal at 1:33.
Mike Folkes also scored a goal, the first of his 2018-19 season, with a blast from the point at 4:44. That made it 7-0 Brampton and the boys were able to shut the door for the rest of the contest and skate away with a big road win.
Paterson recorded the win and his first career Beast shutout. Gilliam, who was pulled after allowing four goals, recorded the loss.
Notes: Molson Three Stars 3) Paterson (BRA) 2) Pacan (BRA) 1) Leef (BRA) The Beast finished the game two-for-six on the man advantage. Worcester went zero-for-five. The Beast and Railers will meet once again at 3:05 PM for their final showdown of the season.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 30, 2019
- Paterson Records Shutout as Beast Crush Railers - Brampton Beast
- Cannata Stops 46 in Shootout Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Anchors Away: Early Offense Helps 'Blades to Sweep of Admirals - Florida Everblades
- Steelheads Fall in Series Finale to Rush, 3-1 - Idaho Steelheads
- Solar Bears Rally to Clinch Playoffs with 3-2 Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Earn Signature Shootout Win of Season vs. Wheeling, 3-2 - Reading Royals
- 13,517 See Oilers Top Grizzlies in a Shootout - Tulsa Oilers
- Quick-Strike Cyclones Rally for Victory in Indianapolis - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Take Down Fuel in Season Finale - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Playoff Hopes Dashed in Loss at Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Mavs Clinch Playoff Berth with 5-2 Win at Fort Wayne - Kansas City Mavericks
- Rays Come up Short to Solar Bears, 3-2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Four Goal First Period Sends Florida Past Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Kulbakov Stone Walls Walleye as K-Wings Win 3-0 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Three-Goal Third Sinks Mariners in 4-2 Thunder Victory - Adirondack Thunder
- Railers Play Like NY Jets in 7-0 Loss to Beast - Worcester Railers HC
- Win Streak Halted in 4-3 Loss in Jacksonville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royals Edge Nailers, 3-2 in a Shootout - Wheeling Nailers
- Master's First Pro Goal Not Enough in Glens Falls - Maine Mariners
- Walleye Set Sellout Record - Toledo Walleye
- Growlers Win Final Home Game of the Season 5-2 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Growlers Sweep Weekend with 5-2 Victory over Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Forward Ryan Walker Signs with the Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Kevin Davis Returns to Grizzlies as Road Trip Continues - Utah Grizzlies
- Nailers at Royals Game Day Snap Shot, March 30 - Wheeling Nailers
- Preview: Sweep on the Line as 'Blades Host Admirals on Saturday - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - March 30 - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Indy Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- F Huntebrinker Recalled to Lehigh Valley Ahead of Reading's Saturday Soiree with Wheeling - Reading Royals
- Jeff Lerg Returns to the Walleye - Toledo Walleye
- Americans Host Wichita Tonight in Home Finale - Allen Americans
- Game Day: Important Weekend Continues in Toledo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Autism Awareness Night Tonight vs. Wheeling - Reading Royals
- Utah Defeats Allen 5-3 - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.