Four Goal First Period Sends Florida Past Norfolk
ESTERO, FL- Sam Warning scored twice, while Jeremy Helvig made 38 saves as the Florida Everblades knocked off the Norfolk Admirals 6-2 Saturday Night at Hertz Arena. Ben Duffy had one of the Norfolk goals in the contest.
Florida jumped out front first with a goal from Alex Tonge. Tonge got the puck off a stretch pass from Ben Masella. Tonge skated in on Ty Reichenbach and went from his forehand to his backhand and slid the puck past the pad of Reichenbach to give Florida a 1-0 lead at 6:59 of the first period.
The Everblades extended their lead with a goal from Sam Warning. Matt Finn skated the puck through center-ice. Finn fed a pass to Slater Doggett on the left side. Doggett fed the pass to Warning who skated into the right circle and fired off a backhand shot that went over the glove of Reichenbach to give Florida a 2-0 lead at 8:35 of the first period.
Florida would further their lead with another goal from Sam Warning. Doggett sprung Warning in on a rush on the left side after an Admirals turnover. Warning skated through the left circle and fired a wrister over the glove of Reichenbach to give Florida a 3-0 lead at 13:58 of the first period.
Norfolk answered the Florida tally with a goal of their own, this time from Ben Duffy. Ben Duffy skated with the puck into the Florida zone on the right side. Duffy went through the right circle, maneuvered around a sliding Florida defenseman, and shot the puck past the stick of Jeremy Helvig to cut the Florida lead to 3-1 at 14:35 of the first period.
The Everblades reclaimed their three-goal lead with a short-handed goal from Josh Lammon. Lammon intercepted a pass at the Florida blue-line while the Admirals were on the power play. Lammon skated in on Reichenbach and fired a shot under the glove to give Florida a 4-1 lead at 19:45 of the first period.
Florida would extend their lead with a goal from Patrick Bajkov. Alex Tonge skated into the Norfolk zone on the left side. Tonge fed a pass to Bajkov in the right circle who shot the puck over the shoulder of Reichenbach to give Florida a 5-1 lead at 6:34 of the second period.
Florida added another second period goal from Alex Tonge to make the score 6-1.
The Admirals answered with a late goal from Alex Rodriguez but would lose by a 6-2 margin. Ty Reichenbach made 29 saves on 35 shots to take the loss for Norfolk, while Jeremy Helvig made 38 saves on 30 shots to get the win for Florida.
The Admirals return to home ice this week at Scope Arena for their final homestand of the season. Puck drops against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits on Wednesday, April 3 at 7:00 p.m.
Upcoming Home Games & Promotions
Wednesday, April 3 vs. Greenville, 7:00 p.m.
Friday, April 4 vs. Greenville, 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 6 vs. Greenville, 7:00 p.m. Fan Appreciation Night/ Post Game Skate
Admirals Ticket Information
Single Game Tickets may be purchased at the Scope Box Office, or online at Ticketmaster.com
Discounted Group Tickets: Bring your group of 10 or more to a game at a discounted price! Group tickets are available for all home games. Fundraising opportunities are also available.
2019-20 Ticket Packages are Currently on Sale! The Admirals offer flexible partial plans that will best fit your schedule and budget!
For more information regarding ticket options, or Norfolk Admirals Hockey, visit NorfolkAdmirals.com or call the Admirals office at (757) 640-1212!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 30, 2019
- Paterson Records Shutout as Beast Crush Railers - Brampton Beast
- Cannata Stops 46 in Shootout Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Anchors Away: Early Offense Helps 'Blades to Sweep of Admirals - Florida Everblades
- Steelheads Fall in Series Finale to Rush, 3-1 - Idaho Steelheads
- Solar Bears Rally to Clinch Playoffs with 3-2 Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Earn Signature Shootout Win of Season vs. Wheeling, 3-2 - Reading Royals
- 13,517 See Oilers Top Grizzlies in a Shootout - Tulsa Oilers
- Quick-Strike Cyclones Rally for Victory in Indianapolis - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Take Down Fuel in Season Finale - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Playoff Hopes Dashed in Loss at Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Mavs Clinch Playoff Berth with 5-2 Win at Fort Wayne - Kansas City Mavericks
- Rays Come up Short to Solar Bears, 3-2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Four Goal First Period Sends Florida Past Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Kulbakov Stone Walls Walleye as K-Wings Win 3-0 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Three-Goal Third Sinks Mariners in 4-2 Thunder Victory - Adirondack Thunder
- Railers Play Like NY Jets in 7-0 Loss to Beast - Worcester Railers HC
- Win Streak Halted in 4-3 Loss in Jacksonville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royals Edge Nailers, 3-2 in a Shootout - Wheeling Nailers
- Master's First Pro Goal Not Enough in Glens Falls - Maine Mariners
- Walleye Set Sellout Record - Toledo Walleye
- Growlers Win Final Home Game of the Season 5-2 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Growlers Sweep Weekend with 5-2 Victory over Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Forward Ryan Walker Signs with the Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Kevin Davis Returns to Grizzlies as Road Trip Continues - Utah Grizzlies
- Nailers at Royals Game Day Snap Shot, March 30 - Wheeling Nailers
- Preview: Sweep on the Line as 'Blades Host Admirals on Saturday - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - March 30 - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Indy Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- F Huntebrinker Recalled to Lehigh Valley Ahead of Reading's Saturday Soiree with Wheeling - Reading Royals
- Jeff Lerg Returns to the Walleye - Toledo Walleye
- Americans Host Wichita Tonight in Home Finale - Allen Americans
- Game Day: Important Weekend Continues in Toledo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Autism Awareness Night Tonight vs. Wheeling - Reading Royals
- Utah Defeats Allen 5-3 - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.