Tammela Tricks IceMen in 4-3 Solar Bears Win
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Jonne Tammela scored three goals and the Orlando Solar Bears (15-11-3-0) rallied from a 2-1 deficit in the third period for a 4-3 victory over the Jacksonville Icemen (17-12-1-0) on Thursday night at Veterans Memorial Arena.
The Icemen struck first at 6:22 of the first period when Christophe Lalancette netted a power-play goal for Jacksonville.
Garret Ladd extended Jacksonville's lead to two goals when he beat Corbin Boes at the 12:21 mark.
Tammela got Orlando on the board when he teamed up with Corey Kalk and jammed a rebound past Mikhail Berdin at 18:53 to cut the Icemen lead in half with his fourth of the season.
After a scoreless second period, Tammela tied it at 2-2 at 3:14 of the third period after Cody Donaghey found Tammela at the right circle. Tammela crept around a Jacksonville defender and tucked the puck inside the left post.
Mike Robinson gave Orlando its first lead of the night to make it 3-2 with his first professional goal. The puck glanced off the rookie forward and deflected into the crease as an off-balance Berdin attempted to cover the puck but fell back into his own net with the puck in his glove at 8:12.
The Icemen pulled even at 3-3 at 10:49 when Maxime Fortier backhanded a rebound past a sprawled Boes.
Tammela completed his hat trick and netted the game-winner at 14:49 when Michael Brodzinski floated a pass into the slot from the left corner, and Tammela corralled the puck out of the air before snapping it past Berdin to make it 4-3.
Boes picked up the win with 33 saves on 36 shots against; Berdin took the loss with 22 stops on 26 shots against.
Orlando leads the regular season series with a 3-1-0-0 record against Jacksonville.
The win pushes the Solar Bears to a five-game road point streak (4-0-1-0) dating back to Nov. 18. The point streak matches a previous season-high of 4-0-1-0 on the road from Oct. 20-Nov. 10.
Chris LeBlanc recorded an assist in the win - his 100thcareer pro game - extending his point streak to three games (1g-4a).
Mathieu Foget also tallied an assist, extending his assist streak to three games (4a).
Corey Kalk led the Solar Bears with seven shots on goal and added an assist in his return to the lineup.
1) Jonne Tammela - ORL
2) Chris LeBlanc - ORL
3) Corbin Boes - ORL
NEXT GAME: The Solar Bears remain in Jacksonville to face the Icemen on Friday, Dec. 28 at 7 p.m. at Veterans Memorial Arena. Orlando is back at home when the team hosts Jacksonville on Saturday, Dec. 29 at 7 p.m. CLICK HERE to purchase tickets to the game.
Festive Four Packs presented by CenturyLink
Celebrate the holiday season with a Festive Four Pack, presented by CenturyLink! Pick any four games and get $65 dollars in gift certificates to Dick's Sporting Goods, Duffy's Sports Grill, QDOBA Mexican Eats and a FREE center ice ticket to the Saturday, Dec. 29 game against the Jacksonville Icemen! Packs start as low as $69.99.
2018-19 Season Presented by XYMOPrint:
The Orlando Solar Bears are proud to have local digital printing experts XYMOPrint as the presenting sponsor of the 2018-19 season. As a special offer, fans who call XYMOPrint at (888) 223-9390 from now until June 15, 2019 and reference the Solar Bears will receive 30% off their first order of 500 business cards.
2018-19 Single-Game Tickets Now on Sale:
Single-game tickets for the Orlando Solar Bears 2018-19 regular season home schedule are now on sale. Fans can purchase single-game tickets for as little as $15 at the Amway Center box office, or online at Ticketmaster.com.
2018-19 Season Ticket Memberships:
Season Ticket Memberships for the seventh season of ECHL Orlando Solar Bears hockey are now on sale. Full and Half-Season memberships are both available, starting as low as $270. For more information, call (407) 951-8200 or visit orlandosolarbearshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 28, 2018
- Steelheads Roll Through Rush with 9-1 Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Solar Bears Blanked by IceMen in 5-0 Decision - Orlando Solar Bears
- Fuel Dispatch First-Place Cyclones for Third Straight Victory - Indy Fuel
- Gardiner's Hat Trick Propels K-Wings Past Nailers - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavs' Comeback Falls Short in Tulsa - Kansas City Mavericks
- Swamp Rabbits' Comeback Spoiled by 'Blades - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Railers Grab a Point in Physical 3-2 Shootout Road Loss in Portland - Worcester Railers HC
- Wings Escape with Late Win, Despite Wheeling Comeback - Wheeling Nailers
- Oilers Snap Skid on Military Appreciation Night - Tulsa Oilers
- Cyclones Point Streak Snapped in Road Loss - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Wild Win-Iecki: Everblades Hold off Swamp Rabbits for Shootout Victory - Florida Everblades
- IceMen Shutout Bears in 5-0 Rout - Jacksonville IceMen
- McNicholas Leads Mariners to Comeback Win over Worcester - Maine Mariners
- Klima's Last Minute Strike Pushes Norfolk Past Rays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Thunder Fly Past Monarchs by 4-2 Final - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Drop Fourth Straight Game in 4-2 Loss to Thunder - Manchester Monarchs
- Admirals Sting Rays as Norfolk Snaps Winless Streak - Norfolk Admirals
- Royals Overwhelm Growlers 4-1 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Royals Corral First-Place Growlers, 4-1 - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - December 28 - ECHL
- Americans and Grizzlies Game Tonight Is Cancelled Due to Travel Issues - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies December 28th Game Rescheduled - Utah Grizzlies
- Josh Anderson Added to Grizzlies Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Guillaume Naud Added to Fuel Blue Line - Indy Fuel
- Solar Bears Make Adjustment to Promotional Schedule - Orlando Solar Bears
- Gladiators Acquire Rookie Forward from Wichita - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Growlers Sign Brad Barone - Newfoundland Growlers
- Nailers at Wings Game Day Snap Shot, December 28 - Wheeling Nailers
- Milwaukee Admirals Sign Desmond Bergin to PTO - Adirondack Thunder
- Nastasiuk, Sheppard Recalled by AHL's Charlotte Checkers - Florida Everblades
- Penguins Recall Kevin Spinozzi - Wheeling Nailers
- OurSports Central's Plays of the Year - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Game Day: Nailers Come to Town for Middle of Three-In-Three - Kalamazoo Wings
- LaCouvee Loaned to Laval - Maine Mariners
- Game Day: Royals End Break, Host 1st-Place Growlers - Reading Royals
- Tammela Tricks IceMen in 4-3 Solar Bears Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Quick Start Propels 'Blades to 5-2 Win over Atlanta - Florida Everblades
- Cuddemi, Skinner Pushes Wichita Past Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.