Roadrunners Weekly: November 11
10-3-0-0 - 20 Points
(1st - Pacific Division, 1st - Western Conference, 1st - AHL)
GAMES THIS WEEK:
Friday at Stockton - 8 p.m. (Stockton Arena)
Sunday at San Jose - 6 p.m. (SAP Center)
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS:
3-2 SO Win vs. Stockton (Friday)
7-6 Win vs. Stockton (Saturday)
Friday night forward Beau Bennett scored for the Roadrunners in the ninth round of the shootout to close out a victory for Tucson.
Goaltender Adin Hill won his fifth straight start Friday night, matching the franchise record.
Saturday night 6,117 made their way to Tucson for the season's largest crowd on Military Appreciation Night.
In the weekend-capping win, both forwards Andy Miele and Michael Chaput recorded two goals while Michael Bunting earned three assists.
The team became the first in the AHL with ten wins following Saturday night's victory.
THEY SAID IT:
"It'd been a while since I had an attempt at the AHL level, I was 2/2 in the NHL, but I've been so snake bitten, I needed one of those to go in. I missed the shot, I saw it eventually was going to go in and I just thought it was so fitting for it to be the game-winning goal." - a joyous Beau Bennett following the victory.
"We came out really strong, we were moving our feet and we stayed disciplined. We let up a bit in the second there and got into some penalty trouble, but at the end of the day, we got the win and that's what matters." - Defenseman Dysin Mayo following tonight's victory.
THIS WEEK'S NOTES:
The team will practice in Tucson until departing for Stockton Thursday.
This weekend's matchup will once again feature the top two teams in the Pacific Division going head-to-head.
Hockey Fights Cancer - Friday, November 22 at 7 p.m. against Ontario
Get a special Hockey Fights Cancer ticket package featuring a branded purple beanie and a ticket for just $23.
Pepsi Four-Packs will also be available, including four premium seats and four soft drinks.
Stars Wars Night - Saturday, November 23 at 7 p.m. against Ontario
First 1,500 fans will receive a Star Wars-themed Dusty poster.
Roadrunners Happy Hour hosted by Adrian Denny 6-7 p.m. airs every Wednesday on Fox Sports 1450 with two special guests.
Roadrunners Reports featuring Head Coach Jay Varady and select players continue Monday through Friday's on all Tucson iHeartRadio stations.
New for 2019-20, Fox Sports 1450 AM is your Tucson radio home for Arizona Coyotes broadcasts.
The Roadrunners Insider Podcast with Brett Fera of the Arizona Daily Star debuts now each Tuesday on FoxSports1450.com and the iHeartRadio App.
After starting the season in Tucson, defenseman Aaron Ness earned his first NHL point of the season Saturday night with the Coyotes.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 11, 2019
- Roadrunners Weekly: November 11 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Score Three in First, Cruise past Texas 4-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Wolves Insider: Sparks Sets Mark - Chicago Wolves
- Texas Drops 4-1 Decision to Manitoba in Road Trip Opener - Texas Stars
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Post Game Notes: Stars 1 at Moose 4 - Texas Stars
- Heat End Gulls' Streak - San Diego Gulls
- Phillips, Philp Help Heat Soar Past Gulls, 6-3 - Stockton Heat
- Gibson earns second shutout in last three appearances; Durandeau and Holmstrom each score in win - Bridgeport Islanders
- Comets Come up Short against Crunch - Utica Comets
- P-Bruins Fall to Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 2-0 - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Defeat Comets, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Iowa Wild Releases Defenseman Turner Ottenbreit from PTO - Iowa Wild
- O'Connor, Connauton Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Jason Binkley to Pro Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Wolf Pack Weekly, November 11-17 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Guhle Recalled by Anaheim, Benoit Joins Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Carr Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Milwaukee's Daniel Carr Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Panthers Loan F Dominic Toninato to T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Capitals Assign Tyler Lewington and Travis Boyd to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Heat Look to Cool Upstart Gulls in Monday Matinee - Stockton Heat
- Detroit Recalls Givani Smith - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dallas Stars Reassign Defenseman Gavin Bayreuther - Texas Stars
- Amerks Recall Aquin from Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Alex Volkov to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters Weekly Storylines - Cleveland Monsters
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: November 11 - Manitoba Moose
- Gulls Continue to Rule November - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Downed 3-1 by Red-Hot Gulls - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tucson Roadrunners Stories
- Roadrunners Announce Plans to Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month
- Coyotes Name John Ferguson as Assistant General Manager & GM of the Tucson Roadrunners
- Roadrunners Fan Fest Set for October 3rd
- Preseason Schedule Announced
- Coyotes Sign Speers to One-Year Contract