Capitals Assign Tyler Lewington and Travis Boyd to Hershey
ARLINGTON, Va. - The Washington Capitals have assigned defenseman Tyler Lewington and forward Travis Boyd to the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL), senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan announced today.
Lewington, 24, has appeared in five games with the Capitals this season. The 6'2", 200-pound defenseman recorded 15 points (3g, 12a) and 121 penalty minutes in 65 games with Hershey in 2018-19. Lewington's 121 penalty minutes led the team and ranked tied for ninth in the AHL. In seven career NHL games, Lewington has recorded two points (1g, 1a) and 24 penalty minutes. Lewington has appeared in 240 career AHL games, recorded 49 points (12g, 37a), 501 penalty minutes and has posted a +29 plus/minus rating. Lewington was drafted by the Capitals in the seventh round, 204th overall, in the 2013 NHL Draft.
Boyd, 26, has recorded 25 points (5g, 20a) in 67 career games with the Capitals, including four assists in six games this season. Last season with Washington, the Hopkins, Minn., native's 1.01 primary assists per 60 minutes of five-on-five play ranked second on the Capitals, behind only Evgeny Kuznetsov (1.15). This season, the 6'0", 190-pound forward has recorded six points (4g, 2a) in three games with Hershey. Boyd was named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending Oct. 13. Boyd was drafted by the Capitals in the sixth round, 177th overall, in the 2011 NHL Draft.
Images from this story
Hershey Bears center Travis Boyd
Hershey Bears defenseman Tyler Lewington
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 11, 2019
- Roadrunners Weekly: November 11 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Score Three in First, Cruise past Texas 4-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Wolves Insider: Sparks Sets Mark - Chicago Wolves
- Texas Drops 4-1 Decision to Manitoba in Road Trip Opener - Texas Stars
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Post Game Notes: Stars 1 at Moose 4 - Texas Stars
- Heat End Gulls' Streak - San Diego Gulls
- Phillips, Philp Help Heat Soar Past Gulls, 6-3 - Stockton Heat
- Gibson earns second shutout in last three appearances; Durandeau and Holmstrom each score in win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Comets Come up Short against Crunch - Utica Comets
- P-Bruins Fall to Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 2-0 - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Defeat Comets, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Iowa Wild Releases Defenseman Turner Ottenbreit from PTO - Iowa Wild
- O'Connor, Connauton Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Jason Binkley to Pro Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Wolf Pack Weekly, November 11-17 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Guhle Recalled by Anaheim, Benoit Joins Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Carr Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Milwaukee's Daniel Carr Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Panthers Loan F Dominic Toninato to T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Capitals Assign Tyler Lewington and Travis Boyd to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Heat Look to Cool Upstart Gulls in Monday Matinee - Stockton Heat
- Detroit Recalls Givani Smith - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dallas Stars Reassign Defenseman Gavin Bayreuther - Texas Stars
- Amerks Recall Aquin from Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Alex Volkov to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters Weekly Storylines - Cleveland Monsters
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: November 11 - Manitoba Moose
- Gulls Continue to Rule November - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Downed 3-1 by Red-Hot Gulls - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hershey Bears Stories
- Bears Weekly: Hershey Stars Shine Bright at All-Star Classic
- Hershey's Vitek Vanecek Named AHL All-Star Challenge MVP
- Bears Rally Late, Head into All-Star Break with Shootout Win at Providence
- Game Preview: Bears at Bruins, 7:05 p.m.
- Moulson, Bears Charge Past Thunderbirds in Milestone Night