P-Bruins Fall to Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 2-0
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Max Lagace made 33 saves on Monday afternoon, but the Providence Bruins could not find the back of the net and fell to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 2-0. This marks the first time this season that Providence has failed to score a goal in a game.
1st 2nd 3rd Final
BRIDGEPORT 1 1 0 2
PROVIDENCE 0 0 0 0
JAY LEACH, HEAD COACH
"I thought it was the worst game we've played all year, by far. I think the most disappointing thing for me is that they just wanted it more tonight. We found that out within the first three shifts of the game and just didn't respond. That's where I'm disappointed. The facts are they just wanted it more than we did. We're going to have to learn from this and grow from this moving forward. "
"I think we just came out a little flat today. They were hungry and wanted it more than we did and that showed on the scoreboard.
"We were both on the last game of a three-in-three, so that can't be an excuse for us. We just have to be better from the start.
"We'll take about 30 minutes to think about today and this weekend, then get it out of our heads and focus on next week. We're going against some good teams so we're going to need a good start on Friday and we'll have to carry that through Saturday in Hartford."
- Max Lagace recorded 33 saves on 35 shots. Over his last three appearances, Lagace has made 98 saves on 101 shots for a .970 save percentage.
- Peter Cehlarik led all skaters tonight with six shots on goal.
- The Bruins will be back in Providence to take on the Hartford Wolf Pack on Friday, November 15 at Dunkin' Donuts Center. Puck drop is set for 7:05 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 11, 2019
- Roadrunners Weekly: November 11 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Score Three in First, Cruise past Texas 4-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Wolves Insider: Sparks Sets Mark - Chicago Wolves
- Texas Drops 4-1 Decision to Manitoba in Road Trip Opener - Texas Stars
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Post Game Notes: Stars 1 at Moose 4 - Texas Stars
- Heat End Gulls' Streak - San Diego Gulls
- Phillips, Philp Help Heat Soar Past Gulls, 6-3 - Stockton Heat
- Gibson earns second shutout in last three appearances; Durandeau and Holmstrom each score in win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Comets Come up Short against Crunch - Utica Comets
- P-Bruins Fall to Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 2-0 - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Defeat Comets, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Iowa Wild Releases Defenseman Turner Ottenbreit from PTO - Iowa Wild
- O'Connor, Connauton Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Jason Binkley to Pro Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Wolf Pack Weekly, November 11-17 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Guhle Recalled by Anaheim, Benoit Joins Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Carr Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Milwaukee's Daniel Carr Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Panthers Loan F Dominic Toninato to T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Capitals Assign Tyler Lewington and Travis Boyd to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Heat Look to Cool Upstart Gulls in Monday Matinee - Stockton Heat
- Detroit Recalls Givani Smith - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dallas Stars Reassign Defenseman Gavin Bayreuther - Texas Stars
- Amerks Recall Aquin from Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Alex Volkov to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters Weekly Storylines - Cleveland Monsters
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: November 11 - Manitoba Moose
- Gulls Continue to Rule November - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Downed 3-1 by Red-Hot Gulls - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- P-Bruins Set Franchise Record with 12th Consecutive Win
- P-Bruins Tie Franchise Record, Beat Hershey Bears, 3-2, in Shootout
- P-Bruins Win 10th Straight Game, Top Springfield Thunderbirds, 4-2
- P-Bruins Extend Win Streak to Nine Games, Top Springfield Thunderbirds, 2-1, in Overtime
- P-Bruins Win Eighth Straight Game, Top Hartford Wolf Pack, 3-2