Carr Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
Milwaukee, WI - The American Hockey League announced today that Admirals forward Daniel Carr has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending November 10, 2019.
Carr totaled three goals and three assists for Milwaukee last week and scored the decisive goal in all three Admirals victories.
On Wednesday, Carr snapped a 3-3 tie with a pair of second-period goals, part of a three-point effort that sent Milwaukee to a 6-4 victory over Manitoba. On Friday, Carr's shorthanded goal was the game-winner as the Admirals earned a 3-1 decision in San Antonio. And on Sunday, Carr notched an assist in regulation before scoring the only goal of the shootout to give Milwaukee a 4-3 win over the Rampage.
Coming off a season in which he earned the Les Cunningham Award as the AHL's most valuable player and also reached the Calder Cup Finals, Carr began the 2019-20 campaign in Nashville, skating in three NHL games, before joining Milwaukee and registering five goals and five assists in 10 AHL contests. The sixth-year pro from Sherwood Park, Alta., has skated in 201 regular-season games in the AHL with Milwaukee, Chicago, Laval, St. John's and Hamilton, totaling 86 goals and 85 assists for 171 points. Carr, who signed as a free agent with the Predators on July 1, 2019, has also amassed 15 goals and 20 assists in 103 career NHL outings with Nashville, Vegas and Montreal.
In recognition of being named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week, Carr will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Admirals home game.
Carr and the Admirals return to action on Wednesday night when they play host to the Chicago Wolves at 7 pm at Panther Arena.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 11, 2019
- Roadrunners Weekly: November 11 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Score Three in First, Cruise past Texas 4-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Wolves Insider: Sparks Sets Mark - Chicago Wolves
- Texas Drops 4-1 Decision to Manitoba in Road Trip Opener - Texas Stars
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Post Game Notes: Stars 1 at Moose 4 - Texas Stars
- Heat End Gulls' Streak - San Diego Gulls
- Phillips, Philp Help Heat Soar Past Gulls, 6-3 - Stockton Heat
- Gibson earns second shutout in last three appearances; Durandeau and Holmstrom each score in win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Comets Come up Short against Crunch - Utica Comets
- P-Bruins Fall to Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 2-0 - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Defeat Comets, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Iowa Wild Releases Defenseman Turner Ottenbreit from PTO - Iowa Wild
- O'Connor, Connauton Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Jason Binkley to Pro Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Wolf Pack Weekly, November 11-17 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Guhle Recalled by Anaheim, Benoit Joins Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Carr Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Milwaukee's Daniel Carr Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Panthers Loan F Dominic Toninato to T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Capitals Assign Tyler Lewington and Travis Boyd to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Heat Look to Cool Upstart Gulls in Monday Matinee - Stockton Heat
- Detroit Recalls Givani Smith - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dallas Stars Reassign Defenseman Gavin Bayreuther - Texas Stars
- Amerks Recall Aquin from Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Alex Volkov to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters Weekly Storylines - Cleveland Monsters
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: November 11 - Manitoba Moose
- Gulls Continue to Rule November - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Downed 3-1 by Red-Hot Gulls - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.