Gulls Continue to Rule November
The Gulls extended their win streak to four games with a 3-1 victory over the San Jose Barracuda at SAP Center. San Diego improved to 4-0-0-0 in the month of November with their second road win of the 2019-20 season. The Gulls killed all four penalties and have now negated 21 of the opposition's last 22 power-play chances (95.5%).
Anthony Stolarz picked up his fourth consecutive win after stopping 31-of-32 shots. His four-game win streak marks the second longest of his AHL career and is one win away from matching his career best.
Sam Carrick scored at the 19:02 mark of the first period for his second game-winning goal in as many games. Carrick has four points his last four games (3-1=4) and now co-leads the Gulls in points (3-5=8), goals and game-winning goals (2).
Corey Tropp recorded two primary assists on the first two goals of the game to push his point and assist streak to three games (0-4=4).
Alex Dostie netted his third goal of the season 2:19 into the contest to mark the Gulls fourth consecutive game with a goal inside the opening four minutes of play. Dostie has recorded 3-1=4 points his last three games. Jack Kopacka picked up an assist on the goal to extend his point and assist streaks to three games (1-3=4).
Blake Pietila scored his second goal of the campaign 11:07 into the second period, his fifth point in as many games (2-3=5). Justin Kloos added an assist on the score to extend his point and assist streaks to three games (0-5=5) and now leads San Diego with six assists and a +4 rating.
Brendan Guhle and Alex Broadhurst each earned assists. Guhle extended his point and assist streaks to three games (1-3=4).
Ryan Johnston made his debut with the Gulls and recorded a +2 rating.
Kiefer Sherwood appeared in his 100th career professional hockey game (50 NHL and 50 AHL).
San Diego will conclude their three-game road trip tomorrow on Monday, Nov. 11 against the Stockton Heat at Stockton Arena (1 p.m.).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 11, 2019
- Roadrunners Weekly: November 11 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Score Three in First, Cruise past Texas 4-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Wolves Insider: Sparks Sets Mark - Chicago Wolves
- Texas Drops 4-1 Decision to Manitoba in Road Trip Opener - Texas Stars
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Post Game Notes: Stars 1 at Moose 4 - Texas Stars
- Heat End Gulls' Streak - San Diego Gulls
- Phillips, Philp Help Heat Soar Past Gulls, 6-3 - Stockton Heat
- Gibson earns second shutout in last three appearances; Durandeau and Holmstrom each score in win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Comets Come up Short against Crunch - Utica Comets
- P-Bruins Fall to Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 2-0 - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Defeat Comets, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Iowa Wild Releases Defenseman Turner Ottenbreit from PTO - Iowa Wild
- O'Connor, Connauton Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Jason Binkley to Pro Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Wolf Pack Weekly, November 11-17 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Guhle Recalled by Anaheim, Benoit Joins Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Carr Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Milwaukee's Daniel Carr Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Panthers Loan F Dominic Toninato to T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Capitals Assign Tyler Lewington and Travis Boyd to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Heat Look to Cool Upstart Gulls in Monday Matinee - Stockton Heat
- Detroit Recalls Givani Smith - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dallas Stars Reassign Defenseman Gavin Bayreuther - Texas Stars
- Amerks Recall Aquin from Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Alex Volkov to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters Weekly Storylines - Cleveland Monsters
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: November 11 - Manitoba Moose
- Gulls Continue to Rule November - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Downed 3-1 by Red-Hot Gulls - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Diego Gulls Stories
- San Diego Gulls to Host Inaugural Season of Giving Events
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Jamie Drysdale to Three-Year Entry-Level Contract
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Jacob Perreault to Three-Year Entry-Level Contract
- Gulls to Host Halloween Trick Or Treat Drive-Thru at THE RINKS - Poway Ice October 31
- Irvine Ice Foundation Adds San Diego Jr. Gulls and Lady Gulls Hockey Programs