Heat Look to Cool Upstart Gulls in Monday Matinee
Monday, November 11, 2019
Arena: Stockton Arena | Stockton, California
Date: Monday, November 11
Time: 1:00 p.m. PST
Broadcast: Watch tonight's game on AHLTV or hear Stockton's radio call on Spreaker and iHeartRadio. Listeners in the Stockton area can hear the game on Fox Sports Radio 1280.
Join The Conversation: For live, in-game tweets, follow the Heat on Twitter. Join the conversation by replying to our updates or using the hashtag #STKvsSD.
Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game Puck: Stay tuned on Twitter following the game for a chance to enter to win a puck signed by Alexander Yelesin with our Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game selection!
The Stockton Heat look to start a new point streak after seeing their seven-game run of success snapped at Tucson Saturday with the club's second regulation loss of the season. The Heat will play host to the San Diego Gulls Monday at Stockton Arena, a team that Stockton has already defeated twice this season - once at home and once on the road.
Stockton will face an upstart Gulls squad in the Monday matinee, a team that has won four-straight including a Sunday night tilt with the San Jose Barracuda.
GETTIN' SHILLY WITH IT
Defenseman Oliver Kylington flexed his muscle on the offensive end on Saturday, recording the first hat trick by a defenseman in Heat history. The blueliner had spent nearly all of last season and the start of this year with the Calgary Flames before being assigned to the Heat prior to the weekend contests at Tucson.
Glenn Gawdin's second multi-point effort of the season helped spark Stockton's comeback effort on Saturday, the forward recording three points with a goal and two helpers in the just-too-short rally at the Tucson Convention Center. With his outburst, the sophomore forward has taken over as the team scoring leader with 13 points (4g,9a) on the year.
THE DUBE ABIDES
After starting the year a bit snake-bitten on the goal-scoring front, Dillon Dube has lit the lamp in back-to-back games and has a goal in three of the last five overall. The forward was collecting assists prior to netting his first goal of the campaign on October 25, and he enters today's game with nine points on the year.
POWER PLAY PUNCH
The Heat enter this week's action boasting the most dangerous power play in the AHL, fresh off a 4-for-7 performance against Tucson on Saturday to raise the season total to 15-for-51, 29.4-percent efficiency. Stockton ranks sixth on home ice, entering today's game at 23.8-percent on the season at 5-for-21.
GROUNDING THE GULLS
The Heat have had their way with San Diego in the young season, owning a 2-0 record with wins in both teams' respective home openers and owning a 10-4 aggregate score. Stockton has gotten the better of the special teams battle against the Gullls, going 2-for-6 on the power play and a perfect 7-for-7 on the penalty kill. Four different players have recorded four points for the Heat in the two contests.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 11, 2019
- Roadrunners Weekly: November 11 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Score Three in First, Cruise past Texas 4-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Wolves Insider: Sparks Sets Mark - Chicago Wolves
- Texas Drops 4-1 Decision to Manitoba in Road Trip Opener - Texas Stars
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Post Game Notes: Stars 1 at Moose 4 - Texas Stars
- Heat End Gulls' Streak - San Diego Gulls
- Phillips, Philp Help Heat Soar Past Gulls, 6-3 - Stockton Heat
- Gibson earns second shutout in last three appearances; Durandeau and Holmstrom each score in win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Comets Come up Short against Crunch - Utica Comets
- P-Bruins Fall to Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 2-0 - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Defeat Comets, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Iowa Wild Releases Defenseman Turner Ottenbreit from PTO - Iowa Wild
- O'Connor, Connauton Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Jason Binkley to Pro Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Wolf Pack Weekly, November 11-17 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Guhle Recalled by Anaheim, Benoit Joins Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Carr Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Milwaukee's Daniel Carr Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Panthers Loan F Dominic Toninato to T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Capitals Assign Tyler Lewington and Travis Boyd to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Heat Look to Cool Upstart Gulls in Monday Matinee - Stockton Heat
- Detroit Recalls Givani Smith - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dallas Stars Reassign Defenseman Gavin Bayreuther - Texas Stars
- Amerks Recall Aquin from Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Alex Volkov to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters Weekly Storylines - Cleveland Monsters
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: November 11 - Manitoba Moose
- Gulls Continue to Rule November - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Downed 3-1 by Red-Hot Gulls - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.