Monsters Sign Defenseman Jason Binkley to Pro Tryout Contract
CLEVELAND - The AHL's Cleveland Monsters announced Monday that the team signed defenseman Jason Binkley to a professional tryout (PTO) contract. A 5'9", 196 lb. right-shooting native of Powell, OH, Binkley, 27, posted 1-6-7 with a +7 rating in ten appearances for the ECHL's Fort Wayne Komets this season. In 247 career ECHL appearances for the South Carolina Stingrays, Utah Grizzlies, Cincinnati Cyclones and Fort Wayne spanning parts of six seasons from 2015-2019, Binkley contributed 25-92-117 with 139 penalty minutes and a +46 rating.
Prior to his professional career, Binkley notched 8-60-68 with 143 penalty minutes and a +20 rating in 156 appearances spanning four NCAA seasons at Ferris State University from 2011-15. Binkley also tallied 4-10-14 with 51 penalty minutes and a -25 rating in 56 appearances for the USHL's Tri-City Storm during the 2010-11 campaign.
2019-20 Monsters Single Game Tickets are on sale NOW starting at ONLY $10 PER SEAT! Monsters Hockey Club Memberships are also available, providing members the lowest possible ticket prices, best seat locations, exclusive members only events like the Monsters' annual Meet the Team party and an exclusive, FREE Monsters Jersey or Hoodie! Group outing and birthday bash packages for ten or more people are also on sale now. All tickets can be purchased at www.ClevelandMonsters.com/tickets, by calling (216) 420-0000 or by visiting any Northern Ohio Discount Drug Mart. Stay up to date on all Monsters news with the Monsters Mobile App presented by University Hospitals available to download at the Apple Store or Google Play Store. Be sure to follow the Monsters on Twitter @monstershockey, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/monstershockey, and on Instagram @monstershockey.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 11, 2019
- Roadrunners Weekly: November 11 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Score Three in First, Cruise past Texas 4-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Wolves Insider: Sparks Sets Mark - Chicago Wolves
- Texas Drops 4-1 Decision to Manitoba in Road Trip Opener - Texas Stars
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Post Game Notes: Stars 1 at Moose 4 - Texas Stars
- Heat End Gulls' Streak - San Diego Gulls
- Phillips, Philp Help Heat Soar Past Gulls, 6-3 - Stockton Heat
- Gibson earns second shutout in last three appearances; Durandeau and Holmstrom each score in win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Comets Come up Short against Crunch - Utica Comets
- P-Bruins Fall to Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 2-0 - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Defeat Comets, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Iowa Wild Releases Defenseman Turner Ottenbreit from PTO - Iowa Wild
- O'Connor, Connauton Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Jason Binkley to Pro Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Wolf Pack Weekly, November 11-17 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Guhle Recalled by Anaheim, Benoit Joins Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Carr Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Milwaukee's Daniel Carr Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Panthers Loan F Dominic Toninato to T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Capitals Assign Tyler Lewington and Travis Boyd to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Heat Look to Cool Upstart Gulls in Monday Matinee - Stockton Heat
- Detroit Recalls Givani Smith - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dallas Stars Reassign Defenseman Gavin Bayreuther - Texas Stars
- Amerks Recall Aquin from Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Alex Volkov to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters Weekly Storylines - Cleveland Monsters
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: November 11 - Manitoba Moose
- Gulls Continue to Rule November - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Downed 3-1 by Red-Hot Gulls - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.