Oilers Win High Scoring Affair, 6-5
Wichita, KS - Wichita returned home for the first time in 23 days on Saturday night, falling to Tulsa by the final of 6-5 at INTRUST Bank Arena.
The two teams combined for 11 goals in the first 40 minutes of the hockey game. Tulsa scored two goals late in the second period and held off the Thunder in the third to grab the win.
Calder Brooks led the Thunder offense with two goals while Marc-Olivier Crevier-Morin had a pair of assists.
For the second-straight game against the Oilers, Wichita jumped out to a 2-0 lead. Brooks got things started a minute into the contest when he caught a pass in the slot and buried it past Keserich to make it 1-0. Just three minutes later, PC Labrie hammered home a rebound on the power play to make it 2-0. Tulsa scored the next three to take its first lead. Stephen Perfetto tallied back-to-back goals to tie the game. Alex Dostie made it 3-2 with his first of the year at 16:29. The Thunder tallied the next two with Corey Kalk scoring at 18:34 and Brooks netting his second of the game at 18:59 to make it 4-3, Wichita.
In the second, Dostie recorded his second of the contest to tie it at four. Just over a minute later, Jakob Stukel recorded a shorthanded marker to make it 5-4. The Oilers closed the frame with back-to-back goals from Charlie Sampair and Adam Pleskach and took a 6-5 lead into the locker room.
Wichita had one last chance late in the third as Stuart Skinner was pulled for the extra attacker. With six seconds left, Labrie won a face-off back to Stefan Fournier, but time ran out and the Oilers held on for the win.
The power play went 2-for-4. Brooks recorded his first multi-goal game of his career. Stukel potted his 17th of the season. Kalk recorded his 12th of the year.
The Thunder remains at home tomorrow afternoon to host the Oilers starting at 4:05 p.m.
Season tickets for the 2019-20 season are on sale now. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 23, 2019
- Sholl Blanks Rush to Lead Idaho to Weekend Sweep - Rapid City Rush
- Steelheads End Road Trip with 4-0 Shutout Win over Rush - Idaho Steelheads
- Bourke, Windsor Lead Solar Bears to Shootout Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Oilers Win High Scoring Affair, 6-5 - Wichita Thunder
- Shalla's Game-Winner Sparks Fuel to Overtime Victory - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays Blow by Swamp Rabbits, 7-2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Rays Score Seven Unanswered, Rout Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- 'Blades Battle to Earn Point in Shootout Loss to Solar Bears - Florida Everblades
- Atlanta's Late Goals Haunt Mavericks, KC Downed 4-3 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oilers Edge Thunder in High-Scoring Affair - Tulsa Oilers
- Nesbitt Heroic as Glads Rally on Marvel Night - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royals Tie Longest Shootout in Team History in 3-2 Loss to Newfoundland - Reading Royals
- Marcoux Stays Hot as Brampton Defeats Adirondack 4-1 - Brampton Beast
- Mingo's Four Point Night Propels Jacksonville Past Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Third Period Tally Sends K-Wings to Home Finale Victory - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wings Hold on for 3-2 Home Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Growers Win in Shootout - Newfoundland Growlers
- Monarchs Take Sole Possession of Fourth with 4-1 Win over the Railers - Manchester Monarchs
- Marcoux Shuts Door on Thunder in 4-1 Beast Win - Adirondack Thunder
- Railers Offense Fizzles in 4-1 Loss in Manchester - Worcester Railers HC
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Ingram Returns from Crunch - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - March 23 - ECHL
- Preview: 'Blades Host Solar Bears in Lone Game of Week - Florida Everblades
- Mariners Sign University of New Hampshire Defenseman Boyd - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Announces Suspension - ECHL
- Nailers at Wings Game Day Snap Shot, March 23 - Wheeling Nailers
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Allen Police vs. Allen Fire Today - Allen Americans
- Kivlenieks Recalled to Cleveland - Kalamazoo Wings
- Adams-Moisan Earns Another Call Up - Maine Mariners
- The Anthony Myers Movement Launches at Royals Home Game Saturday vs. Newfoundland - Reading Royals
- Game Day: Last Regular Season Home Game at Wings Event Center Saturday Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Grizzlies Dominate in 5-2 Win - Allen Americans
- Utah Grizzlies Clinch Postseason Spot with 5-2 Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Edge Ahead of Rush in 3-1 Road Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Cyclones Push Past Komets in Three-In-Three Finale - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.