Monarchs Take Sole Possession of Fourth with 4-1 Win over the Railers
MANCHESTER, N.H. - A two-goal night from Daniil Miromanov helped lead the Manchester Monarchs to a 4-1 win over the Worcester Railers, Saturday night at SNHU Arena.
The Monarchs opened the scoring at 10:39 of the first period when Nic Pierog netted his 32nd goal of the season. In the right corner, Tony Cameranesi passed to Pierog along the low circle who put a backhand shot top-shelf past the stick of Railers goaltender Mitch Gillam, to make the score, 1-0.
The Monarchs extended their lead at 16:17 of the second period when Miromanov scored his 11th goal of the season. Along the goal line, Matheson Iacopelli threw the puck to the front of the net where Miromanov got his stick on it for a shot past the glove of Gillam, to make the score, 2-0.
The Railers cut into their deficit at 18:40 of the second period when Drew Callin scored his 1st goal of the season. Callin found the rebound off a shot from Bo Brauer for a quick one-timer past the glove of Monarchs goaltender Charles Williams, to make the score, 2-1.
The Monarchs took a two-goal lead at 15:11 in the third period when Miromanov netted his 2nd goal of the game, and 12th goal of the season. From the top of the left circle, Cameranesi found Miromanov in the slot where he went to make a pass to Bokondji Imama, but hit off a defender and trickled past Gillam, to make the score, 3-1.
The Monarchs solidified their win with an empty net goal at 19:37 of the third period from Pierre-Luc Mercier, to make the score, 4-1.
The Monarchs return to action Sunday, March 24 at 3 p.m., when they take on the Maine Mariners at Cross Insurance Arena. To sign up for Pay As We Play playoff tickets or group tickets, please contact the Monarchs front office at 603-626-7825.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 23, 2019
- Sholl Blanks Rush to Lead Idaho to Weekend Sweep - Rapid City Rush
- Steelheads End Road Trip with 4-0 Shutout Win over Rush - Idaho Steelheads
- Bourke, Windsor Lead Solar Bears to Shootout Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Oilers Win High Scoring Affair, 6-5 - Wichita Thunder
- Shalla's Game-Winner Sparks Fuel to Overtime Victory - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays Blow by Swamp Rabbits, 7-2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Rays Score Seven Unanswered, Rout Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- 'Blades Battle to Earn Point in Shootout Loss to Solar Bears - Florida Everblades
- Atlanta's Late Goals Haunt Mavericks, KC Downed 4-3 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oilers Edge Thunder in High-Scoring Affair - Tulsa Oilers
- Nesbitt Heroic as Glads Rally on Marvel Night - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royals Tie Longest Shootout in Team History in 3-2 Loss to Newfoundland - Reading Royals
- Marcoux Stays Hot as Brampton Defeats Adirondack 4-1 - Brampton Beast
- Mingo's Four Point Night Propels Jacksonville Past Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Third Period Tally Sends K-Wings to Home Finale Victory - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wings Hold on for 3-2 Home Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Growers Win in Shootout - Newfoundland Growlers
- Monarchs Take Sole Possession of Fourth with 4-1 Win over the Railers - Manchester Monarchs
- Marcoux Shuts Door on Thunder in 4-1 Beast Win - Adirondack Thunder
- Railers Offense Fizzles in 4-1 Loss in Manchester - Worcester Railers HC
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Ingram Returns from Crunch - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - March 23 - ECHL
- Preview: 'Blades Host Solar Bears in Lone Game of Week - Florida Everblades
- Mariners Sign University of New Hampshire Defenseman Boyd - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Announces Suspension - ECHL
- Nailers at Wings Game Day Snap Shot, March 23 - Wheeling Nailers
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Allen Police vs. Allen Fire Today - Allen Americans
- Kivlenieks Recalled to Cleveland - Kalamazoo Wings
- Adams-Moisan Earns Another Call Up - Maine Mariners
- The Anthony Myers Movement Launches at Royals Home Game Saturday vs. Newfoundland - Reading Royals
- Game Day: Last Regular Season Home Game at Wings Event Center Saturday Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Grizzlies Dominate in 5-2 Win - Allen Americans
- Utah Grizzlies Clinch Postseason Spot with 5-2 Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Edge Ahead of Rush in 3-1 Road Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Cyclones Push Past Komets in Three-In-Three Finale - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.