Mingo's Four Point Night Propels Jacksonville Past Norfolk
NORFOLK, VA - Dajon Mingo scored a goal and added three assists as the Jacksonville Icemen topped the Norfolk Admirals Saturday Night at Scope. Ben Duffy scored the lone goal for Norfolk. With the loss, Norfolk now sits 10 points back of the fourth and final playoff spot in the South Division.
Jacksonville jumped out front with a goal from Justin Woods. Dajon Mingo gathered the puck in the right circle. Mingo fed a puck back to the point where Woods beat the glove of Reichenbach to give Jacksonville a 1-0 lead at 19:48 of the first period.
Jacksonville extended its lead to two with a goal from Wacey Rabbit. Dajon Mingo skated into the Norfolk zone on the right side. Mingo fed a pass across the ice to Rabbit who slid puck between the legs of Reichenbach to give Jacksonville a 2-0 lead at 15:25 of the second period.
Norfolk cut into the Jacksonville lead with a goal from Ben Duffy. Domenic Alberga played the puck at the center point. Alberga fed the pass into the left circle for Christian Horn. Horn played the puck towards the net which was redirected by Duffy past Angus Redmond to cut the Jacksonville lead to 2-1.
Jacksonville then added two short-handed goals less than thirty seconds apart. Wacey Rabbit received a cross-ice pass from Christophe Lanlancette and one-timed a shot past the glove of Ty Reichenbach to give Jacksonville a 3-1 lead. Only seconds later Cody Fowlie redirected a feed from the corner past the glove of Ty Reichenbach to give Jacksonville a 4-1 lead.
The Icemen would add a late goal from Christophe Lalancette and win by a 5-1 final score. Angus Redmond made 29 saves on 30 shots to get the win for Jacksonville. Ty Reichenbach made 31 saves on 36 shots to take the setback for Norfolk.
Upcoming Home Games & Promotions
Wednesday, April 3 vs. Greenville, 7:00 p.m.
Friday, April 4 vs. Greenville, 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 6 vs. Greenville, 7:00 p.m. Fan Appreciation Night/ Post Game Skate
Admirals Ticket Information
Single Game Tickets may be purchased at the Scope Box Office, or online at
Discounted Group Tickets: Bring your group of 10 or more to a game at a discounted price! Group tickets are available for all home games. Fundraising opportunities are also available.
2019-20 Ticket Packages are Currently on Sale! The Admirals offer flexible partial plans that will best fit your schedule and budget!
For more information regarding ticket options, or Norfolk Admirals Hockey, visit NorfolkAdmirals.com or call the Admirals office at (757) 640-1212!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 23, 2019
- Sholl Blanks Rush to Lead Idaho to Weekend Sweep - Rapid City Rush
- Steelheads End Road Trip with 4-0 Shutout Win over Rush - Idaho Steelheads
- Bourke, Windsor Lead Solar Bears to Shootout Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Oilers Win High Scoring Affair, 6-5 - Wichita Thunder
- Shalla's Game-Winner Sparks Fuel to Overtime Victory - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays Blow by Swamp Rabbits, 7-2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Rays Score Seven Unanswered, Rout Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- 'Blades Battle to Earn Point in Shootout Loss to Solar Bears - Florida Everblades
- Atlanta's Late Goals Haunt Mavericks, KC Downed 4-3 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oilers Edge Thunder in High-Scoring Affair - Tulsa Oilers
- Nesbitt Heroic as Glads Rally on Marvel Night - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royals Tie Longest Shootout in Team History in 3-2 Loss to Newfoundland - Reading Royals
- Marcoux Stays Hot as Brampton Defeats Adirondack 4-1 - Brampton Beast
- Mingo's Four Point Night Propels Jacksonville Past Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Third Period Tally Sends K-Wings to Home Finale Victory - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wings Hold on for 3-2 Home Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Growers Win in Shootout - Newfoundland Growlers
- Monarchs Take Sole Possession of Fourth with 4-1 Win over the Railers - Manchester Monarchs
- Marcoux Shuts Door on Thunder in 4-1 Beast Win - Adirondack Thunder
- Railers Offense Fizzles in 4-1 Loss in Manchester - Worcester Railers HC
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Ingram Returns from Crunch - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - March 23 - ECHL
- Preview: 'Blades Host Solar Bears in Lone Game of Week - Florida Everblades
- Mariners Sign University of New Hampshire Defenseman Boyd - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Announces Suspension - ECHL
- Nailers at Wings Game Day Snap Shot, March 23 - Wheeling Nailers
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Allen Police vs. Allen Fire Today - Allen Americans
- Kivlenieks Recalled to Cleveland - Kalamazoo Wings
- Adams-Moisan Earns Another Call Up - Maine Mariners
- The Anthony Myers Movement Launches at Royals Home Game Saturday vs. Newfoundland - Reading Royals
- Game Day: Last Regular Season Home Game at Wings Event Center Saturday Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Grizzlies Dominate in 5-2 Win - Allen Americans
- Utah Grizzlies Clinch Postseason Spot with 5-2 Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Edge Ahead of Rush in 3-1 Road Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Cyclones Push Past Komets in Three-In-Three Finale - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.