Hurricanes Change Grizzlies, ECHL Schedules
West Valley City, Utah - The Utah Grizzlies, in conjunction with the ECHL, today released a revised schedule for the 2005-2006 season. The revision became necessary when the Mississippi Sea Wolves and Texas Wildcatters suspended operations for the upcoming season following the recent batch of hurricanes that hit the Gulf Coast.
The Grizzlies will still open the season on October 21 at home; however, their first ever ECHL opponent will now be the Phoenix Roadrunners. The Grizzlies will now play a combined total of 22 home games on Friday and Saturdays.
A weekend series has been added for Utah on November 4-5 when they will welcome the Alaska Aces to the E-Center. With the revised schedule, the Grizzlies will play three games in three nights a total of seven times.
Thanksgiving weekend has now become congested. Following a Thanksgiving home game with the Stockton Thunder, the Grizzlies will hit the road for Idaho for games on November 25-26.
Utah will have two seven game home stands (January 11-28, February 3-17) that include a stretch where they will play 14 of 16 games at the E-Center. The longest road trip of the year has been reduced from ten games to nine (February 18-March 4).
The entire Grizzlies Revised Schedule is Attached to this Release.
Below is a revised schedule timeline
Revised Schedule Time Line:
October 21 Utah hosts Phoenix 7:05 p.m. face-off. (Originally scheduled to host Las Vegas.)
November 4-5: Utah hosts Alaska 7:05 p.m. face-off. (The Grizzlies were originally scheduled to spend the weekend in Long Beach.)
November 12: The Grizzlies add an away game @ Long Beach 8:05 p.m. face-off.
November 25-26: Utah adds two games @ Idaho 7:05 p.m. face-offs both nights.
December 14: Grizzlies originally scheduled to host Idaho. That game has been taken off of the schedule.
January 18: Grizzlies originally scheduled to host Idaho. That game has been taken off of the schedule.
February 19: Grizzlies originally scheduled to play @ Phoenix. That game has been taken off of the schedule.
February 24: Utah adds an away game @ Long Beach. 8:30 p.m. face-off.
February 26: Utah adds an away game @ Phoenix. 7:11 p.m. face-off.
March 6 and 8: Utah adds two games @ Idaho 7:05 p.m. face-off both nights.
March 15: Utah hosts Idaho. (The Grizzlies were originally scheduled to play Stockton.)
Times listed are for the Mountain Time Zone.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 7, 2005
- Aces REVISED Final Schedule--only ROAD games affected - Alaska Aces
- ECHL Announces Revised 2005-06 Schedule - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder, ECHL Announce Schedule Change - Stockton Thunder
- Luke Fulghum Assogned by Toronto - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Las Vegas Training Camp Roster Swells to 22 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Condors Announce Training camp Roster - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder Announces Training Camp Roster - Stockton Thunder
- Titans, ECHL announce revised 2005-2006 schedule - Trenton Devils
- Checkers pick up three from Wolf Pack - Charlotte Checkers
- RoadRunners, ECHL Release Revised 2005-06 Schedule - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Checkers announce final schedule - Charlotte Checkers
- Steelheads announce revised schedule - Idaho Steelheads
- 'Blades sign final two, Training Camp roster set - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Ice Pilots Season Opener vs Greenville Friday, October 21 - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- ECHL Preseason Games Begin Wednesday - ECHL
- Grrrowl release revised schedule - Greenville Grrrowl
- Revised Schedule Released - Johnstown Chiefs
- Salmon Kings travel to Powell River to take on the Regals in exhibition - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Storm Announce 2005-06 Schedule Revision - Toledo Walleye
- Hurricanes Change Grizzlies, ECHL Schedules - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL releases final 05-06 schedule - Augusta Lynx
- Camp Patrick Day 1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Nailers Home Schedule Finalized - Wheeling Nailers
- Condors Get Ready for Open House This Sunday - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Releases Revised Schedule - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gulls announce revised schedule - San Diego Gulls
- 2005-06 ECHL Schedule - ECHL
- Royals make slight changes in schedule - Reading Royals
- Naumenko recalled as Bombers open training camp - Dayton Bombers
- Stingrays release revised schedule - South Carolina Stingrays
- Hurricanes cause schedule change for Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Everblades release new regular season schedule - Florida Everblades
- ECHL opens 18th season October 21 - ECHL
- WTSR 91.3FM and WBCB 1490AM to air Titan games - Trenton Devils
- Titans announce training camp roster - Trenton Devils
- Gulls announce training camp roster - San Diego Gulls
- ECHL announces hurricane relief program - ECHL
- Texas Wildcatters granted voluntary suspension - San Diego Gulls
- Grizzlies add high scoring rookie Matt Craig - Utah Grizzlies
- Gomez one of four added to Stingrays roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Kowalski recalled to Lowell - Florida Everblades
- Storm announce training camp schedule - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL teams with Salvation Army for relief campaign - Augusta Lynx
- The boys are back in town - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.