Las Vegas Training Camp Roster Swells to 22
Las Vegas, NV - The Las Vegas Wranglers announced today goaltender Mike McKenna has been assigned to the team by the Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben Knights of the American Hockey League.
McKenna was selected in the sixth round (#172 Overall) by the Nashville Predators in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft. The 22-year old goaltender recently completed a four-year stint at St. Lawrence University, compiling a 32-44-8 record. The St. Louis, MO native finished his college career with a 2.85 goals against average and a .906 save percentage. Prior to his collegiate career at St. Lawrence, McKenna was a three-time NAHL Goaltender of the Week for the Springfield Junior Blues. He also scored an empty-net goal in a game against St. Louis of the Junior A circuit.
The Wranglers now have 22 players on their roster. McKenna joins fellow goalie Marc Magliarditi, defensemen Mike McBain, Christian Chartier, Tim Hambly, Lee Green, Tyler Sloan and Scott Schoneck. Also signed are forwards Chris Stanley, Dan Tudin, Dustin Johner, Darren Lynch, Chris Neiszner, Dana Lattery, Evan Schwabe, Thomas Bellemare, Shawn Limpright, Marco Peluso, Jordan Cameron, Nick Anderson, Adam Huxley and Todd Alexander.
The Wranglers will practice on Saturday, October 8th from 7:50 am-8:50 am and from 8:15 pm-9:30 pm at the Las Vegas Ice center on 9295 W. Flamingo Road. Both practices will be open to the public.
The Wranglers will open the 2005-06 home season at the Orleans Arena on Tuesday, October 25th at 7:05 pm against the Utah Grizzlies. Wranglers' ticket locations are the Orleans Arena Box Office, Coast Casinos' showroom box offices at The Orleans, Gold Coast, Suncoast and South Coast (opening in 2006) or at the Galleria Mall guest relations/ticket centers. Fans may also order tickets by phone at (702) 284-7777 or on the web at www.orleansarena.com. Fans may also visit www.lasvegaswranglers.com for individual game tickets and for information on Wranglers season seat packages or call (702) 471-7825 to contact the Wranglers office directly.
Las Vegas starts the 2005-06 season on the road at Florida on October 21st at 4:30 pm (PST). The Wranglers play all 36 home games at the Orleans Arena, located at the Orleans Hotel and Casino at 4500 W. Tropicana Avenue. Seat packages to see the Wranglers play at the Orleans Arena for the upcoming 2005-06 season are now on sale, starting as low as $150. Call (702) 471-7825 for more information or visit www.lasvegaswranglers.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 7, 2005
- Aces REVISED Final Schedule--only ROAD games affected - Alaska Aces
- ECHL Announces Revised 2005-06 Schedule - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder, ECHL Announce Schedule Change - Stockton Thunder
- Luke Fulghum Assogned by Toronto - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Las Vegas Training Camp Roster Swells to 22 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Condors Announce Training camp Roster - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder Announces Training Camp Roster - Stockton Thunder
- Titans, ECHL announce revised 2005-2006 schedule - Trenton Devils
- Checkers pick up three from Wolf Pack - Charlotte Checkers
- RoadRunners, ECHL Release Revised 2005-06 Schedule - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Checkers announce final schedule - Charlotte Checkers
- Steelheads announce revised schedule - Idaho Steelheads
- 'Blades sign final two, Training Camp roster set - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Ice Pilots Season Opener vs Greenville Friday, October 21 - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- ECHL Preseason Games Begin Wednesday - ECHL
- Grrrowl release revised schedule - Greenville Grrrowl
- Revised Schedule Released - Johnstown Chiefs
- Salmon Kings travel to Powell River to take on the Regals in exhibition - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Storm Announce 2005-06 Schedule Revision - Toledo Walleye
- Hurricanes Change Grizzlies, ECHL Schedules - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL releases final 05-06 schedule - Augusta Lynx
- Camp Patrick Day 1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Nailers Home Schedule Finalized - Wheeling Nailers
- Condors Get Ready for Open House This Sunday - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Releases Revised Schedule - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gulls announce revised schedule - San Diego Gulls
- 2005-06 ECHL Schedule - ECHL
- Royals make slight changes in schedule - Reading Royals
- Naumenko recalled as Bombers open training camp - Dayton Bombers
- Stingrays release revised schedule - South Carolina Stingrays
- Hurricanes cause schedule change for Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Everblades release new regular season schedule - Florida Everblades
- ECHL opens 18th season October 21 - ECHL
- WTSR 91.3FM and WBCB 1490AM to air Titan games - Trenton Devils
- Titans announce training camp roster - Trenton Devils
- Gulls announce training camp roster - San Diego Gulls
- ECHL announces hurricane relief program - ECHL
- Texas Wildcatters granted voluntary suspension - San Diego Gulls
- Grizzlies add high scoring rookie Matt Craig - Utah Grizzlies
- Gomez one of four added to Stingrays roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Kowalski recalled to Lowell - Florida Everblades
- Storm announce training camp schedule - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL teams with Salvation Army for relief campaign - Augusta Lynx
- The boys are back in town - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Wranglers Stories
- Las Vegas Wranglers to Return to the Ice for 2015-16 Season
- Wranglers' Season Comes to Close with 3-2 Game Four Loss to Aces
- Wranglers Fall in Game Three at Home to Alaska, 5-1
- Wranglers Fall to Aces in Game Two Nail-Biter, 3-1
- Wranglers Dropped by Aces in Game One, 5-1