Titans, ECHL announce revised 2005-2006 schedule
TRENTON, NJ - The ECHL announced on Friday the Trenton Titans' revised schedule for the 2005-06 regular season.
The league was forced to revise the schedule in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Rita which forced the Mississippi Sea Wolves and Texas Wildcatters to suspend operations for 2005-06. The Sea Wolves have already reopened their office and have begun preparations for 2006-07 while the Wildcatters have announced that they will reopen their offices as soon as possible looking towards next season.
The Titans will still begin their 72-game season and raise their North Division, National Conference and Kelly Cup Championship banners at Sovereign Bank Arena on October 22 at 7:00pm against the Wheeling Nailers.
Trenton will now face off against division opponents in sixty-two games during 2005-06, as they take on the Johnstown Chiefs and Wheeling Nailers thirteen times each and the Dayton Bombers, Reading Royals and Wheeling Toledo Storm each for twelve contests.
The Titans' remaining ten games are highlighted by inaugural contests against the Victoria Salmon Kings and the Gwinnett Gladiators. Trenton will play host to the Salmon Kings on Wednesday, November 2 at 7:00pm and visit the Gladiators on both Friday, December 9 and Sunday, February 12 as a part of two road trips through the South.
Though the Fresno Falcons and former Atlantic City head coach will longer be visiting Sovereign Bank Arena this regular season, the Charlotte Checkers will stop by for the first time in three years on Friday, December 2
The Titans will also skate against the Greenville Grrrowl twice (2 on road), South Carolina Stingrays three times (1 at home, 2 on road) and the Long Beach Ice Dogs and Augusta Lynx once each (at home).
Trenton will finish the season with seven of nine contests at home including a season-high, five consecutive games at Sovereign Bank Arena from March 26 to April 4. They will also play a season-high, five straight games on the road over eight days beginning with Wheeling on February 25 and concluding in Reading on March 4.
Their home schedule has the Titans playing eleven games on both Friday and Saturday. Game time on Fridays is 7:30pm and 3:00pm on Sundays. All other games begin at 7:00pm, with the exception of March 11 (12:00pm). All game times are subject to change.
The Titans begin their preseason schedule on Friday, October 15 at 7:05pm at Princeton Sports Center in Monmouth Junction, NJ. Tickets are general admission are available by calling (732) 940-6800.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 7, 2005
- Aces REVISED Final Schedule--only ROAD games affected - Alaska Aces
- ECHL Announces Revised 2005-06 Schedule - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder, ECHL Announce Schedule Change - Stockton Thunder
- Luke Fulghum Assogned by Toronto - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Las Vegas Training Camp Roster Swells to 22 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Condors Announce Training camp Roster - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder Announces Training Camp Roster - Stockton Thunder
- Titans, ECHL announce revised 2005-2006 schedule - Trenton Devils
- Checkers pick up three from Wolf Pack - Charlotte Checkers
- RoadRunners, ECHL Release Revised 2005-06 Schedule - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Checkers announce final schedule - Charlotte Checkers
- Steelheads announce revised schedule - Idaho Steelheads
- 'Blades sign final two, Training Camp roster set - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Ice Pilots Season Opener vs Greenville Friday, October 21 - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- ECHL Preseason Games Begin Wednesday - ECHL
- Grrrowl release revised schedule - Greenville Grrrowl
- Revised Schedule Released - Johnstown Chiefs
- Salmon Kings travel to Powell River to take on the Regals in exhibition - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Storm Announce 2005-06 Schedule Revision - Toledo Walleye
- Hurricanes Change Grizzlies, ECHL Schedules - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL releases final 05-06 schedule - Augusta Lynx
- Camp Patrick Day 1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Nailers Home Schedule Finalized - Wheeling Nailers
- Condors Get Ready for Open House This Sunday - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Releases Revised Schedule - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gulls announce revised schedule - San Diego Gulls
- 2005-06 ECHL Schedule - ECHL
- Royals make slight changes in schedule - Reading Royals
- Naumenko recalled as Bombers open training camp - Dayton Bombers
- Stingrays release revised schedule - South Carolina Stingrays
- Hurricanes cause schedule change for Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Everblades release new regular season schedule - Florida Everblades
- ECHL opens 18th season October 21 - ECHL
- WTSR 91.3FM and WBCB 1490AM to air Titan games - Trenton Devils
- Titans announce training camp roster - Trenton Devils
- Gulls announce training camp roster - San Diego Gulls
- ECHL announces hurricane relief program - ECHL
- Texas Wildcatters granted voluntary suspension - San Diego Gulls
- Grizzlies add high scoring rookie Matt Craig - Utah Grizzlies
- Gomez one of four added to Stingrays roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Kowalski recalled to Lowell - Florida Everblades
- Storm announce training camp schedule - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL teams with Salvation Army for relief campaign - Augusta Lynx
- The boys are back in town - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.