ECHL Announces Revised 2005-06 Schedule
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - The Bakersfield Condors announced their revised schedule for the 2005-06 ECHL season today. The Condors will play a 72- game schedule and will still feature 36 home games beginning on Saturday, October 22nd, against the Victoria Salmon Kings and finish the regular season on Saturday, April 8th, against the Alaska Aces.
The league was forced to rearrange schedules after the voluntary suspension of the Mississippi Sea Wolves and the Texas Wildcatters. The two franchises were forced to suspend operations in the aftermath of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. The Condors were initially scheduled to play Mississippi twice and Texas three times.
The most significant change came to the team's scheduled Gulf Coast road trip, which will now be a three-game series versus the Pensacola Ice Pilots. That trip will take place December 2nd through the 4th. Another noticeable change is the addition of a road game at San Diego on December 17th, in between two road matchups against the Phoenix Roadrunners on the 16th and 18th.
Under the revised schedule the Condors will play the San Diego Gulls and Stockton Thunder eight times each.
he amended schedules can be found on the team's homepage at www.bakersfieldcondors.com and through the league website at www.echl.com.
Condors Open House and Family Day will take place at the Bakersfield Ice Sports Center this Sunday, October 9th, from 2:00 - 5:00pm. Admission is free with the donation of two canned food items for The Salvation Army Food Pantry. Fans are welcome to skate with the team from 2:00 - 3:00pm. Fans can bring their own skates or rent them at the Bakersfield Ice Sports Center for $3
Individual tickets go on sale on Monday, October 10th, for the Condors October 15th, pre-season match against the Fresno Falcons. The Rabobank Box Office will be open from 10:00am to 6:00pm and tickets can be purchased by calling Ticketmaster at 322-2525.
The Bakersfield Condors open their 2005-06 ECHL season in 15 days at home on October 22nd, against the Victoria Salmon Kings.
Season tickets for the 2005-06 Condors season are on sale now at the Condors office located at 1001 Truxtun Avenue or by calling at 324-PUCK (7825). Website: http://www.bakersfieldcondors.com
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 7, 2005
- Aces REVISED Final Schedule--only ROAD games affected - Alaska Aces
- ECHL Announces Revised 2005-06 Schedule - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder, ECHL Announce Schedule Change - Stockton Thunder
- Luke Fulghum Assogned by Toronto - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Las Vegas Training Camp Roster Swells to 22 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Condors Announce Training camp Roster - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder Announces Training Camp Roster - Stockton Thunder
- Titans, ECHL announce revised 2005-2006 schedule - Trenton Devils
- Checkers pick up three from Wolf Pack - Charlotte Checkers
- RoadRunners, ECHL Release Revised 2005-06 Schedule - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Checkers announce final schedule - Charlotte Checkers
- Steelheads announce revised schedule - Idaho Steelheads
- 'Blades sign final two, Training Camp roster set - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Ice Pilots Season Opener vs Greenville Friday, October 21 - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- ECHL Preseason Games Begin Wednesday - ECHL
- Grrrowl release revised schedule - Greenville Grrrowl
- Revised Schedule Released - Johnstown Chiefs
- Salmon Kings travel to Powell River to take on the Regals in exhibition - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Storm Announce 2005-06 Schedule Revision - Toledo Walleye
- Hurricanes Change Grizzlies, ECHL Schedules - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL releases final 05-06 schedule - Augusta Lynx
- Camp Patrick Day 1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Nailers Home Schedule Finalized - Wheeling Nailers
- Condors Get Ready for Open House This Sunday - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Releases Revised Schedule - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gulls announce revised schedule - San Diego Gulls
- 2005-06 ECHL Schedule - ECHL
- Royals make slight changes in schedule - Reading Royals
- Naumenko recalled as Bombers open training camp - Dayton Bombers
- Stingrays release revised schedule - South Carolina Stingrays
- Hurricanes cause schedule change for Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Everblades release new regular season schedule - Florida Everblades
- ECHL opens 18th season October 21 - ECHL
- WTSR 91.3FM and WBCB 1490AM to air Titan games - Trenton Devils
- Titans announce training camp roster - Trenton Devils
- Gulls announce training camp roster - San Diego Gulls
- ECHL announces hurricane relief program - ECHL
- Texas Wildcatters granted voluntary suspension - San Diego Gulls
- Grizzlies add high scoring rookie Matt Craig - Utah Grizzlies
- Gomez one of four added to Stingrays roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Kowalski recalled to Lowell - Florida Everblades
- Storm announce training camp schedule - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL teams with Salvation Army for relief campaign - Augusta Lynx
- The boys are back in town - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.