Thunder, ECHL Announce Schedule Change
STOCKTON, Calif. - The Stockton Thunder, per announcement by the ECHL, will participate in the 2005-06 season under new team schedule changes, Thunder team president Dan Chapman announced today.
The Thunder will adjust their 2005-06 regular season schedule, due to operational complications imposed on league mates Mississippi Sea Wolves and Texas Wildcatters, caused by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, respectively. Both teams are slated to rejoin the league in 2006-07. As a result, the Thunder will drop their February 8th date with the Texas Wildcatters, replaced by a home meeting with the Fresno Falcons on the same day.
The Johnstown Chiefs were also dropped from the Thunder's regular season schedule, originally slated to host Stockton on November 16. The Thunder and Falcons also moved a February 24th game in Fresno to November 4th. A March 17th road game at Utah was also dropped.
Stockton has also added a December 12th date at Fresno, and a March 14th game at Idaho.
The Thunder are still scheduled for 72 regular season games, with the season opener scheduled for October 22nd, on the road against the Fresno Falcons, while hosting Fresno in Stockton's home opener on December 3rd. The ECHL also made the following announcements, regarding the Texas Wildcatters:
**The ECHL announced Thursday that the Board of Governors unanimously approved a Voluntary Suspension request from the Texas Wildcatters for 2005-06 under the league's hardship provisions as a result of the devastation of Hurricane Rita. The Wildcatters reported to the Board that they were notified on Thursday that the Ford Arena will not be available to the team for 2005-06 due to the continuing recovery efforts. The ECHL team is located in Beaumont which suffered a direct hit from Hurricane Rita.
The ECHL will release a revised playing schedule for 2005-06 on Friday. **
The Thunder opens training camp on Saturday, October 8th at 9am, with a second session following at 2:30pm. All training camp sessions are open to the public.
Season tickets for the upcoming Thunder season are on sale now. Tickets for the home opener can currently be purchased as part of a full or mini season package. For more information on season tickets, mini packages, merchandise, or other information, please call the Stockton Thunder at (209) 948-3322 or visit www.stocktonthunder.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 7, 2005
- Aces REVISED Final Schedule--only ROAD games affected - Alaska Aces
- ECHL Announces Revised 2005-06 Schedule - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder, ECHL Announce Schedule Change - Stockton Thunder
- Luke Fulghum Assogned by Toronto - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Las Vegas Training Camp Roster Swells to 22 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Condors Announce Training camp Roster - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder Announces Training Camp Roster - Stockton Thunder
- Titans, ECHL announce revised 2005-2006 schedule - Trenton Devils
- Checkers pick up three from Wolf Pack - Charlotte Checkers
- RoadRunners, ECHL Release Revised 2005-06 Schedule - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Checkers announce final schedule - Charlotte Checkers
- Steelheads announce revised schedule - Idaho Steelheads
- 'Blades sign final two, Training Camp roster set - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Ice Pilots Season Opener vs Greenville Friday, October 21 - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- ECHL Preseason Games Begin Wednesday - ECHL
- Grrrowl release revised schedule - Greenville Grrrowl
- Revised Schedule Released - Johnstown Chiefs
- Salmon Kings travel to Powell River to take on the Regals in exhibition - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Storm Announce 2005-06 Schedule Revision - Toledo Walleye
- Hurricanes Change Grizzlies, ECHL Schedules - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL releases final 05-06 schedule - Augusta Lynx
- Camp Patrick Day 1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Nailers Home Schedule Finalized - Wheeling Nailers
- Condors Get Ready for Open House This Sunday - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Releases Revised Schedule - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gulls announce revised schedule - San Diego Gulls
- 2005-06 ECHL Schedule - ECHL
- Royals make slight changes in schedule - Reading Royals
- Naumenko recalled as Bombers open training camp - Dayton Bombers
- Stingrays release revised schedule - South Carolina Stingrays
- Hurricanes cause schedule change for Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Everblades release new regular season schedule - Florida Everblades
- ECHL opens 18th season October 21 - ECHL
- WTSR 91.3FM and WBCB 1490AM to air Titan games - Trenton Devils
- Titans announce training camp roster - Trenton Devils
- Gulls announce training camp roster - San Diego Gulls
- ECHL announces hurricane relief program - ECHL
- Texas Wildcatters granted voluntary suspension - San Diego Gulls
- Grizzlies add high scoring rookie Matt Craig - Utah Grizzlies
- Gomez one of four added to Stingrays roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Kowalski recalled to Lowell - Florida Everblades
- Storm announce training camp schedule - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL teams with Salvation Army for relief campaign - Augusta Lynx
- The boys are back in town - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Thunder Stories
- Final Weather Report: All the News and Notes from the Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Announce End of the Year Equipment Sale
- Thunder Win Final ECHL Game in front of Sold Out Crowd
- Final Thunder Home Game at Stockton Arena at 7:30 p.m.
- Larocque Scores in Second Straight against Bakersfield but Team Falls